Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Feeling a LOT of resentment, And I know its a silly selfish reason
MoonMama
  Posted: Apr 2 2007, 11:58 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,927

Like I said I know this is a dumb and selfish reason but I can't help it. The more I think about it the more it REALLY bothers me and the resentment I have towards Alec.
Next week, either Monday or Tuesday DH is flying to OR to pick up a car he bought. He got his dream car well the dream car he actually had a prayers of getting I should say. emlaugh.gif I am happy he got the car he has wanted one the whole time we have been married and I really am thrilled he got it.
What gets me is his brother is flying up with him and they are driving back together. Now here is where the resentment comes in, I would totally LOVE to go. sleep.gif I know its a silly 2-3 day trip of driving and not going to be a load of fun, but I could really use the getaway. I never get to go anywhere, I seriously have not been anywhere in a long long time...in years, the last time I went somewhere was our honeymoon. sad.gif
Both my mom and my "other mom" would be more then willing to take Brae for a few days, and DH knows I would really like to go. But he just doesn't get it and is like well you know blahblah.gif blahblah.gif stupid excuses really.
What bugs me more is I really do enjoy driving and seeing the country and DH goes on little trips all the time so he doesn't understand my need for a little getaway from home. KWIM? sleep.gif And it seems like whenever someone comes to visit and we got do something fun with them I'm the one who get left out some how. The last one was in Dec we went to Boulder, CO with family who were visiting to take a tour of the Celestial Seasons tea factory, something I have always wanted to see. Well our babysitter was unable to watch Brae, which was know big deal at all we just took him up with us. The thing is know one under the age of 4 is aloud on the tour. Again know big deal, I waited while everyone else went through with the plan to go on the on the fallowing one 30 mins later while someone else stayed out with Brae. But know one was willing to go with me on it and I didn't want to go alone.
I guess I'm just feeling a little house bound and sorry for myself. bawling.gif Sorry for being such a cry baby. sad.gif
PM
amynicole21
Posted: Apr 2 2007, 12:01 PM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

Wow, DH should TOTALLY see where you are coming from. I'm sorry. I think it's time to plan a girl's weekend away with your mom or something. wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Apr 2 2007, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

hug.gif hug.gif I'm sorry your DH is acting like this! I would sit down and talk to him. Let him know that you want to go, ask him if it's possible to change the plane tickets! I think you deserve to go! hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

MoonMama
Posted: Apr 2 2007, 02:08 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Thanks girls hug.gif I needed those hugs. blush.gif
PM
amymom
Posted: Apr 2 2007, 05:18 PM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

hug.gif

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
MoonMama
Posted: Apr 2 2007, 07:58 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Thanks ladies...Ok we had a LONG talk and I explianed to him how truly house bound I am feeling and how much I just want to get away for a couple of day with him. So in the end I am going with him. biggrin.gif We leave next Tuesday and should be back Thursday or Friday. I feel silly now. blush.gif
PM
MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 2 2007, 08:26 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

I am glad you had a talk and worked it out. I am often guilty of thinking DH should know how I feel about a certain situation. We've been together a long time, and he pretty much gets me, kwim. But, there have been times when I should have spoke up instead of assuming that he knew what I was feeling/thinking.

Enjoy your trip, sounds fun!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Calimama
Posted: Apr 4 2007, 07:28 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

QUOTE (MoonMama @ Apr 2 2007, 07:58 PM)
Thanks ladies...Ok we had a LONG talk and I explianed to him how truly house bound I am feeling and how much I just want to get away for a couple of day with him. So in the end I am going with him. biggrin.gif We leave next Tuesday and should be back Thursday or Friday. I feel silly now. blush.gif

Ohhh have fun! You deserve a break Ally. hug.gif hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Apr 4 2007, 07:43 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

I am happy you get to go. Have fun.
PMEmail Poster
MoonMama
Posted: Apr 4 2007, 01:00 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Thanks girls. smile.gif I'm excited. blush.gif
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0167 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]