Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> First impressions...
mummy2girls
Posted: Jan 3 2007, 03:37 PM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 156

Im watching Dr.phil and he is doing a show on internet dateing. Dr.phil said that everyone usually has or makes a first meeting impression about the guy she is meeting or girl for tjose men out there...LOL... what is your first impression of your Hubby/wife or SO you made when you first meet them?

with MArcus i got the impression that he was such a sweet guy that is shy at first but with a little warming up is so nice to be around!

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 3 2007, 04:54 PM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

okay its been almost 15 years....I honestly did not remember him the first night we met, sounds bad I know but my best friend at the time took me to a party and I met soooo many people, when she told me 2 guys I had met liked me, I could not remember either of them. So she gave them both my phone number and they called, one was so arrogant and full of himself and the other well he had this incredable voice, we spend hours on the phone for I think about 2 weeks before we got to 'met' he was sweet and a bit shy, but also clever, not knowing till years later that he set it up to drive my friend and I to the party, would not have been to odd but he drove 30 minutes out of his way to get us, 30 minuts to party, 30 minutes to take us home and then 30 minutes back to his house, so all in all 2 hours out of the way just so he was the one taking me home. wub.gif needless to say nearly 15 years and 12 married years later I can still remember alot.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
ZandersMama
Posted: Jan 3 2007, 04:57 PM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

I remember thinking he looked like a druggie and a convict unsure.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN

luvbug00
Posted: Jan 4 2007, 05:58 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

I knew the secound i saw him that he was the one. no doubt in my mind. we'll see though. love2.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
lisar
Posted: Jan 4 2007, 06:17 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

Well I saw his car first. And was talking to my friend at the time. And I asked her I said " Who's car is that" and she said the guy I want to set you up with. Well the car is all it took. I walked in the house and asked him to let me drive his car. He said yes and I got a ticket that very night in his car.
PMEmail Poster
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jan 4 2007, 06:18 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

I actually love to tell this story,I met my husband on line, we had talked for several months before actually meeting. my dh is a truck driver so he was on the road when we started talking, and it was not possible for us to meet until he came back thru my state..

so, i was to meet him at the truck stop, and if you dont know anything about truckers, well they have to shower at the truck stop, and the time we had agreed to meet, was fast approaching, and he couldnt get into the showers..so he decided that if i was going to like him, i would for him, not his appearance..
well the man had not cut his hair in a yr, and not shaved. so he looked like a murderer, and a cross between grisley adams, and the unibomber...

but lucky for him i had talked to him so much that i loved him for what was inside. not outside.
he laughs when i tell this.

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
lisar
Posted: Jan 4 2007, 06:21 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

QUOTE (calebsmom @ Jan 4 2007, 09:18 AM)

well the man had not cut his hair in a yr, and not shaved. so he looked like a murderer, and a cross between grisley adams, and the unibomber...

To funny. rolling_smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 4 2007, 07:20 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

I met my dh by the side of a man made lake, in the campground my parents and his parents rented a lot from. I looked up, and he was outlined by the sun... I knew he was the one right then and there, and told my mom he was the one I was going to marry. I was 11. wub.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
lesliesmom
Posted: Jan 4 2007, 07:30 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 2,484

When I first met DH I thought he was a friend's boyfriend. I had met this girl about 2 months before doing a show and she kept talking about her boyfriend ("Furry"). One night this guy shows up and is with her, so I just assumed it was him. Couldn't figure out why, after rehearsal and we were all up at the bar, he was trying to move closer to me (he was between me and my friend). I thought he was a really nice guy. Funny, cute, and wished I had found him first. Finally was told (a day or two later) that that was just a good friend of her, NOT furry. Thank goodness. Shortly after that we made a date (which I had to cancel hours after the date was made once I realized I had a work committment that day). We rescheduled and by the end of the day I KNEW he was the one. He says he knew the first night we met. I was a little slow.

--------------------
<<!-- Facebook Badge START -->Carrie Adams | Create Your Badge
<!-- Facebook Badge END -->
PMEmail PosterAOL
redchief
Posted: Jan 4 2007, 07:37 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

I thought Lisa was nuts. She threw raw cookie dough at me while I was in her classroom fixing the plumbing. It was hard to forget about "the girl who threw cookie dough" when her best friend told me she was interested in dating me though.

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
C&K*s Mommie
Posted: Jan 4 2007, 08:31 AM
Quote Post

President & CEO of the CNCK Corporation

Member No.: 2,622

He was and still is outgoing and talkative to almost anyone. He can make others feel at ease. He was the perfect complement to me, the introverted one who talks alot only if I know you well.

--------------------
*~*wife to Christopher for 5yrs~*~
~*~mother to Christian (5) & Kellie (3.5)*~*

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
PrairieMom
Posted: Jan 4 2007, 08:40 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

Its been 11 years, but I remember he was working at a children's carnival my college was putting on for home coming. He was working the bean bag toss. He was so kind and good with the children. He had the ugliest winter coat tho, that was the First thing to go when I got my hands on him. THe second was his mullet. rolling_smile.gif
PM
mom2my2cuties
Posted: Jan 4 2007, 09:34 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,490

Andrew & I too met online.

But what first got me to talk to him, was that number one his yahoo thing was the first one online with a picture (talk about fate!) and then after reading his profile, he reminded me a big cuddly teddy bear type of guy.
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
HuskerMom
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 08:27 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 7,388

I met my husband when we were juniors in highschool. We were both working at shopko. I worked in the shoe dept and he worked in mst (like furniture carryouts and stuff like that). We didn't get much work done wub.gif I'm sure lots of people had to wait quite a while to get their furniture out because he was "talking" to me smile.gif Most of his friends said we wouldn't make it but we've been married for six years and been together for nine years total so I guess we proved them wrong tongue.gif

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

luvmykids
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I thought he was the hottest guy I'd ever seen in real life, dangerously charming, very funny and somehow knew he was going to pursue me.
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 09:49 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

well honestly I have NEVER told anyone what my first impression of my dh was and I kinda kept that to myself I think mostly I was scared because he was more of a serious guy and I didn't really know what to think of him I oculdn't read him, and he wore something that wasn't exactly "typical" of what most guys I dated wore rolleyes.gif

Well anyway i kinda thought he was strange not wierd JUST strange, and just not what I usually liked.. and I actually got mad at my friend for giving him my phone number, email address and messanger addy rolleyes.gif turns out he was the guy for me tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0215 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]