Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bees Stings, Any Advice?
baileygirl
  Posted: Nov 7 2005, 12:28 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

Today Avery and I were working in the garden when Avery decided to pick up a stick (for some reason; probaly just to play with it) and it had a yellow jacket on it. She ran over to me in tears and screaming her head off and brang her in the house and put ice on it. Thankfully, she was not seriously allergic to bees and her bee sting only swelled up her hand. (She obviosuly got stung in the hand) Do you guys have any advice on how to make her not thing about it? Did any of your children get stung by a bee and was seriously allergic? Hi, I am new here! I haven't put a message up saying I'm new, but I'm Allison and I'm married to my WONDERFUL husband Nate for seven years and I have three AWSOME and ADORABLE children Delaney (6), Jenna and Avery (3) and I am pg with my fourth who I might name Bailey Grace. baby.gif I'm due March 17th! I hope I get to know you all!
~Allison love2.gif
DansMom
Posted: Nov 7 2005, 02:18 PM
Quote Post

kids keep you young!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 223

Unfortunately, there's not much you can do about the pain. Do watch out for increased swelling, beyond just the inch or two around the sting. My friend's whole arm swelled up, and she thought that was normal, but finally went to the doctor and she had a major infection.

Welcome!

This post has been edited by DansMom on Nov 7 2005, 02:18 PM

--------------------
Tracy, George and Daniel (11/25/02)
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Nov 7 2005, 03:03 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,419

wavey.gif Welcome!

I have always used a paste of baking soda and water on bee stings. It keeps the swelling down and hekps with the pain.

BTW, I love the name Bailey. It was one of our top 3 choices for Madison.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0147 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]