Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Stinky butt 8 year old
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: May 25 2011, 04:56 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

So this past weekend we had some people over for a BBQ, and there were 2 toddlers. A 1.5 year old and an autistic 3.5 year old, both of which are still in diapers but working on potty training.

Every now and then I'd catch a whiff of poo... and some other ppl commented on it, saying it was time for the little ones to have a diaper change.. the smell would go away, and come back... not a smell of fat, but really of poo. They smell different. Don't act like you don't know what I mean! emlaugh.gif rolling_smile.gif

Anyway.. later that night, Zach was sitting between my SO and I, and he got up to go to get a drink or something... and we noticed the smell waft by...

I asked Zach about it.. he said it's just farts. Thing is, the couch itself reeked for about an hour, where he was sitting... and the smell followed him around for a while.. I aske dhim if he'd been wiping properly, he said yes... I asked him to please go check..

He came back and said that sometimes when he farts there's a bit of poo that escapes.

I told him that maybe when he needs to fart, he should take it to the bathroom just in case...

Anyone else's almost 9 year old still crap themselves?????

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: May 25 2011, 05:35 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

My daughter would KILL me for saying this, but YES! I don't know if it is because Kylie cannot burp (well Megan can't either, but she doesn't have this problem), but sometimes when she passes gas she poos in her underwear. I told her I hope it never happens to her at school, poor girl. I feel bad for her. blush.gif She usually notices immediately and changes, but I told her maybe she should take some underwear in her book bag for school. tongue.gif blush.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
luvbug00
Posted: May 25 2011, 05:45 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

ok let's be honest, we have all "sharted" at least once in our lifetime..I guess he just needs to hit up the toilet every time to be sure he doesn't have an accident.
maybe ask the next time he's at his pedi if this is due to his unawareness or something more.

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo

PrairieMom
Posted: May 25 2011, 05:56 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

I have to get on both of mine at times for cleanliness issues down there. We call it stink crack, and I make them scrub extra extra good in the bath. rolleyes.gif I have a friend with a 13 yo who has occasional issues with stinking too. Can't they smell themselves? Geesh! At what age does that thing in your brain that makes you want to be clean turn on?
PM
my2monkeyboys
Posted: May 25 2011, 06:45 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

Will doesn't normally, but when he was getting over a stomach virus a few months ago he "carted" - his word for crap + farted, since I won't let him say "sharted" LOL.
But it did happen, 2 x I think, but both times he immediately realized it and went to clean up.
I wonder if that happens more to people who are not as regular... maybe if they have a tendency to be constipated or to go more than often or if it's more loose...
I don't know - I know I've grossed myself out know though! rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
msoulz
Posted: May 25 2011, 07:30 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

Yes. Wiping is apparently a skill not completely understood until the teenage years. happy.gif

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
Evie
Posted: Jun 6 2011, 12:34 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 23,394

Call me immature, I laughed when I came across the term "sharted"! rolling_smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Jun 6 2011, 06:07 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

Me too! LOL

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jun 6 2011, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif it happens... I would just stay on him to check himeself when he uhhh farts emlaugh.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
ChrisOssman
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 07:22 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 23,697

As long as it isn't something that causing the anal leakage, I imagine that kids will get better at cleaning themselves back there. I would suggest checking with the doctor at the next visit to confirm that there isn't something more serious going on. For now, just stay up wind and keep up with a regimen that trains your child how to wipe properly.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0128 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]