Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Stupid Ear Infections!!!!
amynicole21
  Posted: Jan 26 2006, 01:56 PM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

After posting to Huggybugboy about Miles having yet another ear infection yesterday, I get a call from daycare that Nora has a 102.2 temp and is miserable. I rush to get her and take her to the doc, and she too has an ear infection. He thought her throat looked red, but the rapid strep test came back negative. She seemed ok last night after her first dose of antibiotics, but her temp was lingering around 99.5... just enough to make her clingy. She slept well, and seemed pretty good when she woke up, so we took her to daycare with some tylenol just in case she got fussy.

Got a call at 10:30 today that she wouldn't eat anything, her lip was trembling and all she wanted to do was sleep. DH got her, took her home and laid her down for a nap. She kept crying out in her sleep, so he took her temp and it was 103! More tylenol and she finally fell asleep on him for 2hrs.

I feel like such a crappy parent for bringing her to daycare when she was feeling like poo. sad.gif Usually the antibiotics have already kicked in by this point unsure.gif I am so sick of these things. bawling.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
luvmykids
Posted: Jan 26 2006, 02:18 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,038

hug.gif Poor baby, and poor mommy. I've done it too, thinking they were maybe not at 100% but not so sick to stay home. Now that I SAH full time we can take it a little easier when someones sick but back then I couldn't keep them home unless it was life or death. Hope she feels better soon!
PMEmail Poster
huggybugboy
Posted: Jan 26 2006, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

I love my snuggle bug!

Member No.: 1,953

I'm sorry, I know how you feel. i would post more but the little sicky just woke up... blush.gif

--------------------
Katie & Josh: Married 7.14.01
Mommy and Daddy to: Miles Benjamin, born 3.28.05

I've been splatted!
PMEmail Poster

coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 26 2006, 07:40 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

((HUGS)) I hope Nora gets feeling better soon. hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
CosmetologyMommy
Posted: Jan 27 2006, 01:19 PM
Quote Post

Aunt Emily and Aidan!!!!!

Member No.: 2,733

Aidan is suffering an ear infection and has all week. His fever just went down and he seems to have an appetite again. I hope it has passed!

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
amynicole21
Posted: Jan 27 2006, 01:21 PM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Member No.: 69

Thanks guys. It's day 3 of antibiotics and she is still running a temp of about 100 (even after taking tylenol). I called the ped because this isn't normal for her, but they said it can sometimes take up to 72hrs for the meds to kick in. sad.gif I hope this clears up tonight.

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
huggybugboy
Posted: Jan 27 2006, 04:24 PM
Quote Post

I love my snuggle bug!

Member No.: 1,953

I hope shes feeling better soon! What kind of antibiotics is she on? Hugs to mommy! hug.gif

--------------------
Katie & Josh: Married 7.14.01
Mommy and Daddy to: Miles Benjamin, born 3.28.05

I've been splatted!
PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Jan 27 2006, 04:26 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 249

sad.gif sorry she is so sick. i hope she is better soon. big (((hugs))) to you both! hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
ediep
Posted: Jan 27 2006, 05:41 PM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Member No.: 81

AMy, I hope that Nora is feeling better by now...have you tied giving her advil or mortin instead of tylenol? It works so much better on Jason

Good luck and get well soon!!! hug.gif

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jan 27 2006, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

Poor baby!!!! I hope she gets better soon!!! hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0138 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]