Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> WORDS WOMEN USE
Teesa®©
Posted: Apr 17 2008, 08:45 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

FINE
This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

FIVE MINUTES
If she is getting dressed, this is half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

NOTHING
This is the calm before the storm. This means "something," and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with 'Nothing' usually end in "Fine"

GO AHEAD
This is a dare, not permission. Don't do it.

LOUD SIGH
This is not actually a word, but is a nonverbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing."

THAT'S OKAY
This is is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

THANKS
A woman is thanking you. Do not question it or faint. Just say you're welcome.

Send this to the men you know to warn them about future arguments they can avoid if they remember the terminology!
PM
HuskerMom
Posted: Apr 20 2008, 10:53 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 7,388

laugh.gif

--------------------
Joni

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Apr 20 2008, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 800

QUOTE (Teesa®© @ Apr 18 2008, 12:45 AM)
FINE
This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

FIVE MINUTES
If she is getting dressed, this is half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

NOTHING
This is the calm before the storm. This means "something," and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with 'Nothing' usually end in "Fine"

GO AHEAD
This is a dare, not permission. Don't do it.

LOUD SIGH
This is not actually a word, but is a nonverbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing."

THAT'S OKAY
This is is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

THANKS
A woman is thanking you. Do not question it or faint. Just say you're welcome.

Send this to the men you know to warn them about future arguments they can avoid if they remember the terminology!

I feel experienced enough to tackle this dialogue from the man's point of view, so risking all that is male about me, here goes.

FINE
When will you women learn that fine and coarse are totally opposite?

FIVE MINUTES
You risk our social standing when you mistake five minutes for thirty. People are expecting us; in fact, waiting for my arrival. Have a little consideration. When you really mean five minutes, you must understand that emergencies such as overtime and the green-white checker sometimes take longer.

NOTHING
Is without substance and holds no real meaning to us. Nothing is nothing. If you try to make it something I'll turn it into a beer.

GO AHEAD
You only need to say it once.

LOUD SIGH
Words, woman, words! That wheezing noise is just annoying.

THAT'S OK
You do your thing, and I'll do mine. Any repercussions will be followed by a prompt reminder that you gave it your OK.

THANKS
Seriously, you've already cleaned out the bank account, 7/8ths of my retirement and sacked the kids' college funds. What more do you want?

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN

my2monkeyboys
Posted: Apr 21 2008, 12:16 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

Those are all great!!! emlaugh.gif emlaugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
xela
Posted: Apr 26 2008, 06:13 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 20,392

i wonder what my face looks like when ever i say those words. we just can't escape from being a woman.. . haha.. great reminders..

--------------------
I only want the best for my baby
PMEmail Poster
:.Mrs_Mommy.:
Posted: Apr 26 2008, 11:36 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 18,118

emlaugh.gif for both Teesa and Redchief!

Thank you! biggrin.gif

--------------------
~Kalli~

Mommy to:
Aaron Joseph 01.20.00
Lily Ann Marie 04.03.01
Kyla Raye 05.25.04

Photobucket

Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.
PMEmail PosterYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0157 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]