Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (5) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Rocky's Last Measure, ha ha get it? measure? lol!
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 19 2007, 06:32 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

I decided I'm only going to give myself 3.5 oz of the veal for the shish kabobs... that's more than enough. I'm not a big meat eater to begin with... lol

I made some boiled eggs for lunch for the kids and I. So we will have tomato soup (all of us, yes) and I will put fishy crackers in the kids' bowls, along with sliced eggs on the side. My kids are so weird, they like boiled eggs. rolleyes.gif

I'll keep the yolks from mine since I'm not allowed to have them, and I wll chop them up with some green onion and mayo, celery and other spices so dh can have an egg salad sandwich for lunch tomorrow.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 20 2007, 03:04 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Well I weighed myself this morning, and I was at 175.2

At the clinic, I was at 178.4.

Alright then.

I will have to take the clinic's weight of 178.4 dry.gif rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 22 2007, 06:56 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Well MY scale says 174.9 this morning.

I had chicken livers and onions again yesterday for lunch, it's not bad mixed in with the salad.

I had tuna last night for dinner, along with, yep you guessd it... salad!! rolling_smile.gif

It's a good thing there's lots of different types of lettuce. At least I feel like I'm eating different things.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 22 2007, 02:57 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I had a tomato sandwich for breakfast again, with mayo. yummy.gif

Well half a sandwich, I'm only allowed one slice of this type of bread. Dh went looking at THREE different grocery stores this morning to try to find one of two brands where I'm allowed two slices... but no luck. Oh well...he's sweet for having gone. Must have been the morning treat he got. laugh.gif sh.gif

Well breakfast was closer to lunch, so after the lentil roast I made was ready, I had a serving of that too. It was pretty good actually. Tasted like refried beans, sorta, but textured like mashed potatoes, with a crispy crust. Pretty tasty. I had that about 20 minutes after the half sandwich.

For dinner, I made some chicken breasts, just with thyme and celery seed on them, baked in the oven. I made some oven roasted potatoes for dh and the kids, and made a big salad with romaine lettuce, iceburg lettuce and baby spinach leaves. I had picked some radish leaves, radish pods, dandelion leaves, some nasturtium leaves and some sorrel from my yard... but I'm still not sure if I was allowed to have them or not, so only dh and the kids had that in their salad. Boo. I love radish pods. emlaugh.gif

It's so dumb. I'm allowed lettuce of all kinds. I'm allowed red radishes. But they can't tell me if I'm allowed the radish leaves nor the radish pods... dry.gif I hate having to buy more salad when I grow my own. dry.gif

I cut up some mushrooms, some red pepper, celery, and zucchini to put in our salad. DH and the kids had regular salad dressing.... storebought I mean... and I made mine. A little bit of mayo (1\2 teaspoon), some kikoman soy sauce, a bit of lemon juice...and some spices. I really liked this one better than the other one I made, which I was going to make a small jar of, but didn't. I may "actually" make a jar of this one.

I had my coffee today, with my 1\2 tsp allowed liquid Sugar Twin, and my whole tablespoon of milk. rolleyes.gif I'm getting used to the taste, I don't mind it. I actually finished it today.

I find that my body has adjusted I guess, because I don't feel like I have to eat everything I'm supposed to. Out of the 16 ounces of veggies, I only had 12.5 ounces of veggies today. I only had 1\2 an apple out of the two fruit servings allowed... and I had to stuff myself to finish my dinner plate of salad with chicken in it. happy.gif

(ETA - the clinic had previously told me this might happen...and that i can eat less if I am not hungry for all the food allowed... but that I NEED to eat all the protein, regardless.)

Oooooh - highlight of my day, I think, is that dh brought home some Crystal Light for me from the store...I'm allowed one per day. It was SOOOOO good. I haven't had juice in a week. I water down my juice anyways...so this Crystal Light single that was supposed to be for 500mL (2 cups) did me for a litre and a half!!! (6 cups)

I downed that in like, 10 minutes while making the lentil roast.

Oh DH and the kids had egg salad sandwich from the egg whites I had a few days ago. The kids weren't too fond of the lettuce I'd put in their sandwich...but I told them to get used to it. I'm so evil. laugh.gif

I'm on my 4th litre of liquids today. Not counting the coffee I had...but that's a diuretic, so I'm not going to count it as liquids taken in.

I feel really good, energy wise. Of course I'm still taking my multi vitamin and my potassium supplements as I'm supposed to, and have noticed that if I'm a little late taking them, I get a little flushed. But I'm good. I even did a small work out today, for my abs...because I don't want to be stuck with loose skin. emlaugh.gif

This post has been edited by Hillbilly Housewife on Jul 22 2007, 02:59 PM

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Sam & Abby's Mom
Posted: Jul 22 2007, 06:33 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,125

looks like you are doing a really good job. Keep up the good work, Rocky ! horray.gif

--------------------
Peggy
Wife to Tim (Oct 1996)
Mom to Sammy (Nov 2004), Abby (Jun 2006)
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Jul 22 2007, 10:16 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

LOL the only thing I can think of right now Rocky is that you would prefer to eat CHICKEN LIVERS puke.gif puke.gif puke.gif puke.gif rather then boiled eggs.

Keep up the great work. thumb.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 23 2007, 03:14 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I haven't had breakfast yet...I'm not hungry. I can't stomach breakfast earlyin the morning. I'll probably have it when the kids have their snack around 9:30 or 10.

MY scale said 174.2 this morning, but the clinic's scale said 176.2, so I'm down 2.2 pounds over the weekend. I can expect my losses to slow to about 3\4 pound a day now that it seems that all my extra water weight has been taken of.

I think dh is really into helping me...he's really into helping me burn extra calories. sh.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 23 2007, 11:50 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Can anyone guess what I had for breakfast?

Yup, another tomato sandwich. emlaugh.gif I think it has got to be the best use of my daily slice of bread that I've found. I may switch it up tomorrow and make it an egg and tomato sandwich. laugh.gif So that's both my bread servings of half a slice each, and 1.25 ounces of tomato and spinach, and half a tbsp of mayo.

For lunch, I had 4 ounces of salad (still a platefull!) and a piece of lentil roast, which came out to a portion of 1.75 oz lentils (dry weight, not loaded wiht the water from cooking... lol), and 2 oz of onion and garlic.

Dinner is supposed to be baked fish, with steamed broccoli, and rice for dh and the kids. My fish will be Pollock, and theirs will be salmon. I can't believe i'm not allowed salmon. bawling.gif Ah well.

I still have 16 ounces minus 1.25 and 2 and 4 = leaves me with oh crap i'm bad at math... uh... 8.75 ounces of veggies to eat today. I did just have an orange, so I still have a fruit serving as well. Ooooh but I did find out from the updated list, that on top of both fruit servings, i'm allowed up to a cup per day of jello light. yummy.gif

I think I'm going to make myself a coffee now.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 24 2007, 07:49 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Changing it up a little today.

I had 3 egg whites, nuked in a plastic container then slopped on a piece of bread with some mayo, salt and pepper. Tasted pretty good...but i usually have the bread toasted with loads of butter melted on it, and tons of ketchup and hot sauce. Hmmm. Could explain my rolls. laugh.gif

around 10, I had 4 ounces of salad and other mixed veggies, with a 1\4 apple chopped up into it.

Now, I just had the other 3 egg whites I'm allowed for my 1st protein serving, mixed in with 4 ounces of zucchini, onion, and green onions, like an omelette. I added 3\4 tablespoon of PC brand salsa, which I'm allowed up to 2 tablespoons of, provided I haven't had more than one other miscellaneous garnish serving. I'd only had 1 tablespoon soy sauce, which I mixed with lemon juice, water and garlic powder, as my salad dressing for the day, so I'm good.

Since I had the 3\4 tbsp of mayo, I'm still allowed 1\4 serving of another "miscellanous", which will be 1 tablespoon of milk for my coffee later, and 1\4 tbsp of mayo that I will thin with water to make a glaze for the cauliflower I'm making for dinner.

I'm going to have the 1\4 tsp of liquid sweetener from my sweetener category, to add to my coffee... I don't need the full 1\2 tsp anymore.

I made hamburger helper (the lasagna one) for the kids for lunch today, and gave them oatmeal cookies as a dessert. Friggin dh took the leftover salmon rice and broccoli I was goig to serve them. Bugger. growl.gif He can't EVER make his own darn lunch. He always has to take the food I'm planning on feeding the kids for lunch...even if I tell him that's the plan. What an idiot. growl.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Sam & Abby's Mom
Posted: Jul 24 2007, 10:17 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 11,125

Aw, that is so cool that your DH is being so supportive. rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
Peggy
Wife to Tim (Oct 1996)
Mom to Sammy (Nov 2004), Abby (Jun 2006)
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 25 2007, 07:36 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Still at 176.2 this morning. I'm a little ticked. This isn't what I'm paying for. laugh.gif

We went over my charts, and it turns out that I have to use FRESH SQUEEZED lemon juice, not the bottled type. Are you serious? rolleyes.gif

AND, I had screwed up in one calculation... it's 2 servings of garnish, not 1 serving per category. Boo hiss. So I tok 2 extra servings of garnishes in the last 2 days.

I aske dthe nurse if really, something that small and seemingly innocuous could account for the non-loss, and she said absolutely.

Sooooo... being more careful now. The salt, pepper, garlic powder, vinegar, soy sauce etc... all account for garnishes... so I' can't have more than one tablespoon of anything, whatever it is. So like 1\2 tbsp of soysauce, 1\4 tbsp spices, 1\4 tbsp vinegar....in addition to my regular mayo. this is getting harder and harder. laugh.gif

I did something interesting this morning though. I had 3 big lemons in the fridge that I'd bought for lemonade and fish topping, but I decided to squeeze them... so I cut away all the rind, not the pith though... into small slivers, with which I made candied peel. The kids told me it was DELICIOUS! I passed it off as candy to them, and they actually believed me. Fools. rolling_smile.gif Then I took most of the pith off, and threw the whole lemons (cut in 4) into my juicer. It made about 2 cups of really thick pulpu lemon juice. I mixed it with some water (about 1\4 water) and put it in some mason jars in the fridge. I can have as much of that as I want, it doesn't count. thumb.gif

This afternoon I'm going to make a lemon cake for the kids, and put some candied peel on it. I still can't believe they believed me when I said it was candy. rolling_smile.gif

I had about 4 ounces of salad and other mixed veggies for lunch, with 2.5 ounces of cooked chicken (I had pre-measured the 3.5 ounces before it was cooked, it's in individual serving portions). I also had an apple this morning, shortly after my tomato sandwhich. I had a crystal light this morning as well. I don't like not being able to drink fruit juice. sad.gif

I'm looking up tofu recipes. I'm sick of chicken. laugh.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 25 2007, 01:41 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

More salad for dinner. With 3.5 ounces of tofu, panfried in some of my dressing. yummy.gif

Dh couldn't even tell it was tofu, he thought it was chicken until I otld him. Twit.

I cut it up in small pieces and mixed it up with other stuff... rolling_smile.gif

I had 8 strawberries too.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 26 2007, 04:18 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

174.8 this morning.

I am only supposed to go Monday Wednesday and Friday morning - but this morning I had to go see one of the clinic's doctors, so that she could make sure I understood the basis behind the diet.

I was burning 3+ keytones. I've been averaging between 2 and 2.8 since the beginning. It doesn't mean much to you... but it's fantastic. The average is between 1.5 and 2.5! thumb.gif

My concentration seems to be a little wierd. I'm having a had time focusing on stuff... like I was trying to read an article online yesterday, and the kids were just playing on the floor next to me...and I couldn't wrap my head arond the article. I had them play "the quiet game" so I could read it. emlaugh.gif

This morning, I REALLY deviated form my usual. I mixed a can of Tomato & Onion Tuna from Clover Leaf, with half a stick of celery, a quarter apple, two radishes, and my tablespoon of mayo. I spread some on my allowed bread, put some sponach on it, YUM!. I have enough Tuna mixture left over to put in my salad at lunch time. Maybe I'll have tomato soup though. Not sure yet. Depends what I feed the kids. I might just give them some soup too with some fishy crackers. laugh.gif

DH took just about all the leftover chicken in the fridge. My grandmother roasted a whole chicken for us... and dh has managed to eat it all in TWO DAYS, for his LUNCH. dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif I think he does it on purpose. I wish I would have noticed it in the first place. I had plans for that chicken. rolling_smile.gif

Ah well. Since dh gorged himself on meat today for lunch, he's getting a vegetarian dinner. I think I'll make him some plain rice. That's it. laugh.gif

jk of course.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 27 2007, 04:11 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

173.0 this morning. I had the GROSSEST experience yesterday. I don't think I'll be able to eat iceburg lettuce for a long long time.

We had our inlawas for dinner, and I only had some spinach and romaine prepared, and not enough for all of us, so I added the iceburg lettuce I had in the fridge. I washed it, each individual leaf, like I always do... and put it in the bowl so that I could cut it up. I'm very anal about wasing fruits and vegetables... I'm easily disgusted by bugs etc...

so anyways, I go to take a leaf of the iceburg, to tear up and put in the kids' plates... and I see a tiny beige BUG. I freak, and tell dh - he tells me it's an aphid, common to salad, and to just rinse the leaves, they'll be washed away.

But I did wash the leaves.

And, I had soaked them in cold water for about 20 minutes before hand.

puke.gif

Oh I was sooo grossed out, I had to look at EACH LEAF AGAIN to make sure there were no bugs on it. The next 2 leaves I took out to check, there was 1 or 2 aphids ON EACH. I just threw the whole thing in the sink, retching a little... dh laughed at me. By this time, his parents had arrived, and wanted to know why I looked green... i told them, and they're like - oh - well don't eat it then, you shouldn't have more protein than you're allowed.

GROSS!!!! puke.gif

THEY ate the darn salad. I couldn't look at them for all of dinner. ew ew ew.

Ok So i'm really freaked now... and I'm only going to be getting straight leafed salads, like spinach leaves, romaine... ya know, salads with no curled up leaves with little buggy hiding places. wacko.gif

Anyways........

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 27 2007, 06:22 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Well I just came back from the grocery store a few minutes ago, and I was like a kid in a candy store. I got the extended foods list for my diet, and there are SO MANY MORE things to choose from.

I can have CHEESE! laugh.gif

So I found a type of bread that wasn't on my 1st list, that I can have TWO slices per day of, and so i got two loaves. Thing is...it's 3.99 a loaf. unsure.gif dh isn't going to be impressed. But I DON"T CARE! I can have TWO slices!! laugh.gif

I also got apricots. I'm allowed 3 per day as one fruit serving! Holy Jeez, I bought 12. emlaugh.gif

I can have Kraft fat free cheese slices, THREE of them instead of 3.5 ounces of protein. Woo hoo! woohoo.gif I've been wanting cheese, ever since the other day when I made cheese sauce for my family for their cauliflower. yummy.gif

I bought Romaine lettuce and spinach, two I've never had buggy problems with. Nice straight type leaves, that I can see the whole surface. No hidden bugs. blush.gif

I also found out I'm allowed the Kraft calorie wise zesty italian dressing... yeeha!

Oh man it's gonna be good eatin tonite boy.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 30 2007, 05:39 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Erg. One step forward, two steps back.

I slipped a little this weekend... I went to dinner at my mil's, and she made chicken. She's been on the diet - she KNOWS what not do feed me. She told me it was fine.

She'd cooked the chicken in sauce, told me I could just remove the skin. Uh hello dumbarse, it soaks in... so I had sauce soaked chicken. dry.gif I only had a little bit though, about half of what I was allowed. They have a well, too, and I'm just not able to drink from a well. I can't stomach the thought...and I ran out of water. So I didn't drink as much water as I should have.

So I'm up two pounds over the weekend.

How can I have put on two pounds by eating a little sauce and not drinking enough water? I don't know, but it happened. Could also be that I'm..uh..a little stopped up and I'm expecting AF any time now. Any time. unsure.gif

Anyways... I bought a package of their chocolate shakes and their oatmeal... i can use a little change in the mornings, and since af is due the chocolate protein shakes might just quell my chocolate cravings during AF.

Anyways... it's just past 9:30, I've been on here too lone, i'm due to go outside. laugh.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 30 2007, 02:44 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

So thi smorning I had the oatmeal I bought from the clinic. It surprisingly kept me feeling full until about 10:45am... which is great, because I've had my fruit cut out until wednesday. wacko.gif

So I had my tomato sandwich for lunch, with some cut up veggies.

Dinner was half an 85g can of tuna, with half a serving of green lentils cooked with red peppers, mixed in with different veggies in a stir fry, which I topped my romaine lettuce with. It was, all in all, a very tasty salad. yummy.gif

Dh and the rest of the gang had stir fry salad as well, but they had beef instead of tuna and lentils.

I think tomorrow, for breakfast, I'm just going to have coffee - and use the protein shake as milk\flavor in it. happy.gif

I am allowed dijon mustard though. Maybe tomorrow i'll have a mustard and onion sandwich instead of tomatoes. yummy.gif I haven't had that in years.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 31 2007, 04:29 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

So I'm having my coffee right now, with some chocolate protein shake in it as milk and flavor... yum yum yum.

Lunch today will be either a dill pickle sandwich (read that in the idiosyncrasises thread!) or a mustard and onion sandwich. With some cut up veggies.

Dinner will be... yep... salad. laugh.gif I'm not sure about the protein though... I don't want eggs, I'm kinda done with tuna for a couple days, I've had a lentil serving so no more for 2 or 3 days... I've had beef in the last 7 days... maybe some veal... yeah, veal seems good.

And yes - they make a distinction between beef and veal. Go figure. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Aug 1 2007, 03:35 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

So I'm back on track this morning, back to 173. I met my goal for the two weeks, which was down to between 172.2 and 175.

My weight goal for in two weeks is between 162.2 and 165. happy.gif

I'm back to allowed fruit today - since I'm burning at 2+ keytones. So Right now i'm having one of their maple flavored oatmeal protein packs, and I cut up about 3\4 of an apricot into it. Very tasty.

I'm not a big fan of the shakes. They're tasty and all - and they're good in the coffee... but they... separate. When I got to the bottom of my coffee yesterday, there was white gunk in the bottom that made me gag. Good thing I'd only put a little in there for flavor... puke.gif so I had the rest once it was cold enough in the fridge. It was good - but wayyy too thick. blush.gif Maybe I can freeze it and have it like popsicles. dunno.gif

Lunch for me today will be onion and mustard sandwich. I tried the dill pickle and mayo sandwich yesterday, and it was actually very good. I like pickles and cheese together better, but this was almost as good. Too bad for all you idiosyncratic onion haters.... muah ha ha.

So when I get off my butt and decide to download the pictures to my laptop, you will see me 10 pounds ago, and me today. happy.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Aug 1 2007, 10:58 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

So, I had oatmeal with apricots this morning. Yum. Tasty sandwich with some cut up veggies for lunch. Yum.

Dinner, I'm having some veal with Vegeta seasoning on it, some steamed broccoli, and some salad.

The dinner I made my family looks sooo much better though. It took a lot for me not to have a bite while it was cooking. I took some chopped up broccoli (bite sized) and put int in a big pot with a can of diced tomatoes, some rotini pasta (half a bag), some seasonings, and some cut up veal as well as leftover ground beef. It smells sooooo good. sleep.gif emlaugh.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Aug 1 2007, 11:25 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Aug 1 2007, 02:58 PM)
I took some chopped up broccoli (bite sized) and put int in a big pot with a can of diced tomatoes, some rotini pasta (half a bag), some seasonings, and some cut up veal as well as leftover ground beef. It smells sooooo good. sleep.gif emlaugh.gif

you cant eat that?

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Aug 1 2007, 12:59 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (gr33n3y3z @ Aug 1 2007, 02:25 PM)
QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Aug 1 2007, 02:58 PM)
I took some chopped up broccoli (bite sized) and put int in a big pot with a can of diced tomatoes, some rotini pasta (half  a bag), some seasonings, and some cut up veal as well as leftover ground beef. It smells sooooo good.  sleep.gif  emlaugh.gif

you cant eat that?

No. I cannot have pasta, for one. Two - I can't have the ground beef. For two reasons - 1) I've already had beef this week, and 2) the ground beef that I used was leftover from just lean grond beef. I have to eat extra lean. rolleyes.gif

I CAN, though, have Tofu noodles - only 4 ounces of them though. I COULD have made it with the tofu noodles, but they don't sell them in the grocery store across the street....I wasn't about to walk 30 minutes to the next one with all the kids. tongue.gif

Also - I owuld have had to measure separately the ounces of veal that I used in my portion (differs raw from cooked, I have to count it raw), the ounces of noodles used (had they been tofu noodles), the ounces from the can of diced tomatoes, and the amount of seasonings, because I'm only allowed a certain amount.

Too much hassle.

laugh.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Aug 1 2007, 01:02 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I really should copy\paste the list of food that I'm allowed to eat, and all the rules I have to follow to go along with it. A friend of mine who I gave a copy of the small food list has been doing it as well, but without the B6 injections, and she's lost 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Aug 1 2007, 01:47 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Here is the list of foods that I need to follow to the letter.

(ETA: I also take a multivitamin, take potassium supplements, and am monitored every 2 days with urine analysis)

Ontario Food List

Current Updates: July 4, 2007 Previous Updates:June 4, 2007
Food Lists: follow these instructions to the letter:
There are 4 food categories plus allowable liquids listed below. The 4 food categories are
Proteins, Vegetables, Fruits and Bread Substitutes.
You may have 2 servings from each category per day. They may be eaten at any time throughout the
day. Eat your protein portions at least 4 hours apart.
No substitutes are allowed. Period. If it’s not on the list, don’t eat it.
Even the slightest deviation may be detrimental to your success.

LIQUIDS
Minimum 8 glasses or 64 ounces (2 liters or 2 US quarts) of liquids each day is mandatory.
However, more is better. Make sure that fresh water comprises at least half the volume.

ALLOWED:
GENERIC
- water
- weak tea, herbal teas
- mineral water
- soda water
- soft drinks (sugar free and caffeine free with aspartame)
- decaffeinated coffee (only one cup of caffeinated coffee allowed per day)
- Natural Green Leaf Brand Dieters’ Herbal Drink
BRANDS:
- Aloe Organics Pure Aloe Vera Juice - (2 ounces per day)
- Caf-Lib Uncoffee - Original Blend
- Campbell’s 25% Less Sodium Chicken Broth
- Campbell’s Chicken Broth with Garlic and Herbs - (1/2 cup per day)
- Campbell’s Fat Free Beef Broth - (2/3 cup per day)
- Campbell’s Healthy Request Chicken Broth
- Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice Tea
- Celestial Seasonings English Toffee Herbal Tea
- First in Medicinal Herb Teas
- Knorr OXO Beef 1 sachet per day
- Licorice Spice Caffeine Free Herbal Tea
- Lipton French Vanilla Tea
- Miso - Cup Reduced Sodium Soup - (1 cup per day)
- OSEM Instant Soup Drink - Tomato - (1 serving per day)
- Pacific Organic Vegetable Broth
- President’s Choice Moroccan Style Green Tea with Mint
- President’s Choice Rooibos Vanilla Herbal Tea
- Tetley Green Tea – Jasmine

FRUIT FLAVOURS & SPARKLING DRINKS
- Aquafina: FlavourSplash Citrus Blend and Raspberry 591ml bottled water (1-2 per day)
- A&W Diet Root Beer
- Calais High Calcium Sparkling Refresher - 1-2 per day (300 ml)
- Canada Dry Sparkling Original Salt Free and Calorie Free Beverage
- Canada Dry Sparkling Lemon Lime Salt Free and Calorie Free Beverage
- Coke Zero - (1 per day as caffeine drink)
- Crush Diet Cream Soda
- Crystal Clear Lemon Lime Sparkling Water Beverage
- Crystal Light fruit drinks
- Danone Silhouette Sugar Free Zero Calorie Beverage - Strawberry-Raspberry, Pink
- Dasani Flavored Water Beverage: Natural, Raspberry (in moderation)
- Diet Mug Root Beer
- Diet Sprite Zero
- Faygo Diet Soda: Orange, Root Beer, Grape, Redpop
- Fresca Sugar Free: Grapefruit
- Grapefruit- Green Tea
- Great Value Sugar Free Pink Lemonade Drink Mix (in moderation)
- Jones Sugar Free Black Cherry Soda (355 ml)
- Kool-Aid - (sugar free)
- Light Spritz Up
- Life Brand Sparkling Water Beverages - Sugar Free, Calorie Free: All Flavors
- Master Choice Diet Fizz Beverages
- Nestle Pure Life - Orange-Splash, Lemon-Splash, Strawberry-Splash and
- Raspberry-Splash - (in moderation)
- Our Compliments diet beverages
- Perrier Sparkling Mineral Water - Lemon
- President’s Choice Diet beverages including Fruit Rush Apple Cider, Peach Melba, Ruby
- President’s Choice Diet Cranberry Raspberry POP
- Red Grapefruit, Sparkling Grapefruit, diet tonic water - (no other tonic waters)
- Snapple Diet cranberry/ raspberry drink - 1 - 2 a day (473 ml)
- President’s Choice cool light - Lemonade, Pink Lemonade
- President’s Choice diet tonic water
- President's Choice diet green apple sparkling soda
- President’s Choice diet cola
- President’s Choice Free & Clear Sparkling Water Beverage - (Red Raspberry, Berries of the
Woods, Key Lime, Golden Peach, White Grape)
- Waist Watcher Diet Gingerale (in moderation)
- Waist Watcher Diet Raspberry Gingerale (in moderation)

ICED TEAS
- Arizona Peach Diet Iced Tea
- Diet Nestea
- Laci Le Beau Super Dieter’s Tea
- Lipton diet iced tea
- Lipton Iced Tea To Go, Sugar Free: Natural Lemon, Natural Mandarin & Mango, Natural
- Honey & Lemon - (in moderation)
- Realemon Light iced tea mix
- Snapple Diet iced tea and peach iced tea - 1 - 2 a day (473 ml)

NOT ALLOWED:
- No alcohol
- No tonic water
- No ‘C’ Plus or Orange Crush
- No root beer (except as specified)
- No orange juice or other juices
- No fruit teas
- No decaffeinated flavored coffees

BREAD SUBSTITUTES
2 SERVINGS PER DAY
ALLOWED:
GENERIC:
- Bread stick (plain or onion, NOT cheese) - (1 stick = 1 serving)
- Matzo - (1/2 sheet = 1 serving - no egg matzo)
- Matzah Meal - (1/2 cup = 3 servings)
BRANDS:
- Betty 80% whole wheat bread with pea hull fiber added - (1 slice = 1 serving)
- Betty Light 100% Whole Wheat Bread with Pea Hull Fiber - (1 slice = 1 serving)
- Bitelife Potato Crisps - all flavors - (5 crisps = 1 serving)
- Bitelife French Crisps - tomato and basil or garden herb - (3 crisps = 1 serving)
- Breton minis French onion and Garden Vegetable crackers - (12 crackers = 1 serving)
- Breton minis Original wheat - (12 crackers = 1 serving)
- Bretons minis Honey - (7 crackers = 1 serving)
- Bretons minis Cheddar Cheese - (9 crackers = 1 serving)
- Crunch Master Oven Baked Cheese Flavored Rice Crackers - (3 crackers = 1 serving)
- Christie 40% less Fat Vegetable Thins - (6 crackers = 1 serving)
- Christie Cheese Nips - (10 crackers = 1 serving)
- Christie Crunchers Bold Barbecue - (8 crackers = 1 serving)
- Christie Crunchers Cheddar- (7 crackers = 1serving)
- Christie Crunchers Spicy Thai - (7 crackers = 1 serving)
- Christie Multigrain Wheat Thins - (4 crackers = 1 serving)
- Christie Rice Thins: Herb and Garlic, Sesame, Original - (3 crackers = 1 serving)
- Christie Triscuit Thincrisps - (6 crackers = 1 serving)
- Crispmate - (1 Crispmate = 1 serving)
- Dempster’s Body Wise Multigrain 570 g - (1 slice = 1 serving)
- Dempster’s Body Wise Multigrain Loaf 450 g: Low Fat, High Fibre, Source of Iron, No Chol,- Zero
Trans Fat (1 slice = 1 serving)
- Dare Breton Garlic Fine Herb Crackers - (2 crackers = 1 serving)
- Dempster’s Original 100% Whole Wheat Bread - (1/2 slice = 1 serving)
- Dempster’s Flatbreads of the World: Small Whole Wheat Tortillas (340 gram) - (1/2 tortilla = 1
serving)
- Dare Wise Crackers - regular - (3 crackers = 1 serving)
- Elco Rice Crackers: Plain, Barbecue - (3 crackers = 1 serving)
- Fat Free Brownberry Caesar Croutons - (1 tbsp = 1 serving)
- Finn Crisp Rye Crisp Bread - (1 slice = 1 serving)
- Genisoy Soy Crisps Oven Baked: Deep Sea Salted Flavor (8 crisps = 1 serving)
- Gluten Free Rice Bread - (1/2 slice = 2 servings)
- Glutino Gluten Free Breadsticks - (1 breadstick = 1 serving)
- Grissol Bread Sticks Sesame “packs of 2” – (2 breadsticks = 1 serving)
- Grissol Canape Melba Rounds- Sesame- (2 canapes = 1 serving)
- Grissol Melba Toast: Multi-Fiber Melba, Plain Melba, No Salt Melba, Twelve Grain Melba, - Rye and
Sesame Melba - (2 slices = 1 serving)
- Grissol Lil’ Cravings French Crisps - tomato basil - (2 crisps = 1 serving)
- Hollywood bread - (light or dark) (1/2 slice = 1 serving)
- Jardines Sun Dried Tomato Crackers - (4 crackers = 1 serving)
- Kavli Whole Grain Crispbread (crispy garlic) - (1 crispbread = 1 serving)
- Kashi Tasty Little Crackers (TLC): Original 7 Grain - (5 crackers = 1 serving)
- La Tortilla Factory Low Carb/Low Fat ”10” Tortilla- Original 100% Whole Wheat, Green Onion
Flavor- (1/2 tortilla = 1 serving)
- Misura Soya Crackers - (1 cracker = 1 serving)
- Misura Whole Wheat Crackers - (1 cracker = 1 serving)
- Natural wheat bran - (1/4 cup = 1 serving)
- Norwegian Flatbread (Kavli) - (1 flatbread = 1 serving)
- Old London Bagel Snacks Garlic flavor - (5 pieces = 1 serving)
- Old London Melba Snacks Bacon flavor – (4 pieces = 1 serving)
- OROWEAT Smart and Healthy Multigrain Fiber Counting Bread - (1 slice = 1 serving)
- OROWEAT Smart and Healthy 100% Whole Wheat Bread - (1 slice = 1 serving)
- Pita Gourmet Pita Pockets High Protein - ( 1/2 pita = 1 serving)
- President’s Choice Blue Menu Ancient Grains Snack Crackers - (4 crackers = 1 serving)
- Quaker Crispy Soy Chips: Barbeque - (7 chips = 1 serving)
- Quaker Crispy Whole Grain Rice Cakes: Parmesan & Roasted Garlic - (5 rice cakes = 1 serving)
- Ryvita Dark Rye Crispbread - (1 slice = 1 serving)
- Silver Hills Sprouted Grain Flax Bread Made without Flour (1/2 slice = 1 serving)
- Snackwells Potato Thins - plain - (6 crackers = 1 serving); barbeque - (5 crackers = 1 serving);
tomato - (6 crackers = 1 serving); cheddar and sour cream - (5 crackers = 1 serving)
- Starr Flatbreads - onion and garlic or cumin - (1/2 flatbread = 1 serving)
- Trader Joe’s Reduced Carb Wheat Bread - (1 slice = 1 serving)
- Triscuits (regular or 50% less salt), 50% less fat - (2 Triscuits = 1 serving)
- Wasa Light Crispbread - (1 slice = 1 serving)
- Wonderlight Bread - (1/2 slice = 1 serving)

NOT ALLOWED:
- No other breads
- No cereals
- No pasta

PROTEIN
2 SERVINGS PER DAY
3 1/2 oz (100 grams) equals one serving.
All protein should be weighed raw - remove skin and all visible fat.
Proteins may be boiled, broiled, cooked, baked, grilled or barbequed.
Frying in a Teflon pan or using Pam ‘original’ is allowed.
Do not use oils, margarine or butter.
ALLOWED:
- Dr. Bernstein Protein Packs - (1 packet = 1 serving). Protein Packs are available at all our
clinics. They are delicious and very convenient. Available as soups, oatmeal, Puddings and drinks.
Just add hot or cold water.
- Dr. Bernstein Protein Bars - (1 bar = 1 protein and 1/2 serving of fruit). Available in a variety of flavors:
chocolate chip, chocolate peanut crunch, coconut/almond, double chocolate crunch, hazelnut,
supreme caramel, supreme peanut, crunchy cereal chocolate, and crunchy cereal caramel.
- Maximum one Dr. Bernstein protein product daily.

MEAT
GENERIC:
- beef heart
- lean beef (only one 3 1/2 oz {100 g} serving per week/7 days apart)
- bison Limit to 2 servings per week
- caribou Limit to 2 servings per week
- chicken breast (white meat only)
- chicken livers
- emu (2 1/2 oz =1 serving)
- goat (3 oz=1 serving)
- turkey breast
- lean veal
- moose meat - 100g per day

BRANDS:
- Compliments Seasoned Chicken Breast - (3/4 piece or 112 g = 1 serving)
- Cuisicube Chicken - (100 g = 1 serving)
- Easy Gourmet Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts - (100 g = 1 serving)
- Expresco Chicken Souvlaki - (1 skewer = 1 serving)
- Jane’s Boneless Chicken Breast
- Jane’s Family Favorites Chicken Burgers - (3/4 burger = 1 serving)
- Jane’s Meal Makers Oven Roasted Carved Chicken Breast - (75 g = 1 serving)
- Kirkland Seasoned Chicken Breast Meat - (80 g{1/4 of a container} = 1 serving)
- Lilydale Seasoned Smoked Turkey Breast: Tomato & Herb Parmesan (90 g = 1 serving)
- M & M BBQ Chicken - (100 g = 1 serving)
- M & M Honey Garlic Chicken - (100 g = 1 serving)
- M & M Lemon & Herb Chicken - (100 g = 1 serving)
- M & M Turkey Breast Fillet (1/2 fillet or 96.5 gm = 1 serving)
- Maple Leaf Flakes of White Chicken - (90 g = 1 serving)
- Maple Lodge Farms Chicken Breasts: seasoned, boneless, skinless fillets - (94 g
or 3/4 chicken breast = 1 serving)
- Marc Angelo Chicken Breast Souvlaki - (1 kebab = 1 serving)
- Members Mark Premium Chicken Breast in Water, Turkey Breast in Water - (1/3 cup or 71 g = 1
serving)
- Oven Roasted Sliced Chicken Breast - (60 gm =1 serving)
- President’s Choice Blue Menu Seasoned-Chunks: Chicken Breast, Turkey Breast - (71 g = 1
serving)
- President’s Choice Blue Menu Turkey Breast: boneless, skinless, seasoned - (1/2 turkey breast = 1
serving)
- President’s Choice Boneless Chicken - ( 1/2 chicken breast = 1 serving)
- President’s Choice Cajun Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast - (3/4 piece = 1 serving)
- President’s Choice Garlic & Herb Chicken Skewers - (1 1/2 skewers = 1 serving)
- President’s Choice Marinated, Oven Roasted, Skinless, Boneless, Sliced Chicken Breasts (1/4
package {68 g} = 1 serving
- Valley Fresh Canned Chicken Breast
- Valley Fresh Premium Chunk White Chicken in Water, Chunk White Turkey in Water - (56 g = 1
serving)
- Western Family Seasoned Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts - (1 chicken breast = 1 serving)

BRANDS:
Limit all processed proteins to 2 servings per week (all the items listed below).
- Piller’s Better Than Bacon Honey Maple Ham - (100 grams = 1 serving)
- Piller’s Shaved Chicken Breast - (100 grams = 1 serving)
- Piller’s Shaved Turkey Breast - (100 grams = 1 serving)
- Piller’s Smoked Chicken Breast - Thin Sliced - (6 slices = 1 serving)
- President’s Choice Honey Maple Turkey Breast - (100 g = 1 serving)
- Schneider’s Fat Free (Lifestyle) Deli Slices - turkey breast, smoked turkey breast,
peppercorn turkey, dijon turkey, smoked ham - (4 slices = 1 serving)
- Yummy Fine Herbs Chicken Breast Portions
WHEY PROTEIN BRANDS:
- Allmax ISOFLEX Whey Protein Isolate: Vanilla, Chocolate - (1/2 scoop = 1 serving)
- Aria women’s Protein - 20 g (2 level scoops) = 1 serving
- Fat Wars Protein Powder - (1 1/4 scoops = 1 serving)
- HMS 90 Fat-Free & Lactose-Free: Protein Supplement 10 g per pouch -
(2 pouch = 1 serving)
- Iso Whey Breezer: Citrus Burst, Lemon Iced Tea Splash, Utopian Cherry, Pineapple
- ISO-XP Extreme Whey Protein Isolate - (1/3 scoop = 1 serving)
- Nature's Best ISOPURE (Low Carb) Dutch Chocolate - ( 3/4 scoop or 24.0 gm = 1 serving)
- Nature's Best ISOPURE (Zero Carb) Strawberries & Cream - (3/4 scoop or 23.0gm = 1 serving)
- Protidiet Grape Flavored Liquid Concentrate Drink Mix - (1 pouch 31ml = 1 serving)
- Pure Whey Protein Stack- Chocolate - (22 g {1 scoop} = 1 serving)
- PVL Whey Cooler: Raspberry Ice Tea - (3/4 packet = 1 serving)
- Smoothie, Vanilla Ice Cream Royale- (3/4 of a scoop =1 serving)
- Sunshine, Mango Peach Paradise - (3/4 scoop = 1 serving)
- Transform Whey protein isolate - (3/4 of serving = 1 serving)
- Triotein 180 degree Life System Whey Powder - (1 1/2 scoops = 1 serving)
- Webber low Carb Whey - (1 scoop = 1 serving)
- Whey Gourmet Protein Supplement Creamy Orangesicle Swirl, Radical Raspberry Smoothie,
Vanilla Ice Cream Royale - 3/4 scoop =1 serving)

VEGETARIAN
GENERIC:
- tofu
BRANDS:
Limit all processed proteins to 2 servings per week (all the items listed below).
- Galaxy Foods Veggie Slices: Cheddar - (4 slices = 1 serving)
- Galaxy Food Veggie Slices: Canadian - (4 slices = 1 serving)
- Galaxy Food Veggie Slices: Mozzarella - (3 slices = 1 serving)
- Lightlife Smart Deli Three Peppercorn Pastrami Veggie Slices - (5 slices = 1 serving)
- Morningstar Farms Grillers Prime: Veggie Burgers - (1 burger = 1 serving)
- Nu Tofu Just Like Cheese
- Nu Tofu Cheddar Cheese Flavored Tofu - (3 1/2 oz = 1 serving)
- Nu Tofu Mozzarella Flavored Tofu - (56 g = 1 serving)
- P.C. Blue Menu Soy Hot Dogs - (1 1/2 hotdogs = 1 serving)
- Schneider’s Oh Naturel Meatless Chick’n strips - (3/4 cup = 1 serving)
- Schneider’s Oh Naturel Meatless Beef Tips - (3/4 cup = 1 serving)
- So Soya Fat Free Ground Veggie Burger - (1/3 cup = 1 serving)
- Sol Cuisine Original Burger: Wheat & Gluten Free (1 burger = 1 serving)
- Soya - Pro Protein Powder - (15 g = 1 serving or 1/6 of a packet)
- Sushi Hane Roasted Seaweed
- Tres Tofu - (2 slices = 1 serving)
- Veggie Ground Round Italian - (1/3 cup = 1 serving)
- Veggie Breakfast Links - (3 links = 1 serving)
- Veggie Just Like Grounds - ( 1/4 pkg = 1 serving) max 2 - 3 times a week
- Yves Canadian Veggie Bacon - (3 slice = 1 serving)
- Yves Veggie Back Bacon - (3 slices = 1 serving)
- Yves Veggie Bologna Slices - (4 slices = 1 serving)
- Yves Veggie Breakfast Patties - (1 1/2 patties = 1 serving)
- Yves Veggie Chili Dogs - (1 dog = 1 serving)
- Yves Veggie Deli Slices - (2 slices = 1 serving
- Yves Veggie Pepperoni - (2 slices = 1 serving)
- Yves Veggie Pizza Pepperoni - (18 slices = 1 serving)
- Yves Veggie Salami Slices - (4 slices = 1 serving)
- Yves Veggie Tenders Beef - (64 g = 1 serving)
- Yves Veggie Tenders Chicken - (64 g = 1 serving)
- Yves Veggie Tofu Wieners - (1 wiener = 1 serving)
- Yves Veggie Wieners - (1 wiener = 1 serving)
- Yves Veggie Chick 'n burger - (1 patty = 1 serving)
- Zoglo’s Vegetarian Burgers
- Zoglo’s Vegetarian Kabobs
- Zoglo’s Meatless mini loaves - (2 loaves = serving)
- Zoglo’s Tofu patties Chicken flavored - (1 patty = 1 serving)

FISH & SEAFOOD
3 1/2 oz (100 grams) equals one serving unless otherwise specified.

GENERIC:
- crab meat
- lobster
- scallops
- shrimp
- swordfish
- tuna
- white fish - (any type, unbreaded)

BRANDS:
- Admiral Flaked Light Tuna in Water - (75 g = 1 serving)
- BlueWater Grilled Fillets - Garlic Butter, Italian Herb, Lemon Pepper, Roasted Garlic & Herb -
(1 fillet = 1 serving)
- Clover Leaf tuna pieces - Albacore, Yellow fin - (85 gm = 1 serving)
- Clover Leaf chunk crabmeat, canned - (100 g = 1 serving)
- Clover Leaf Flaked Light Tuna in Water - (70 g = 1 serving)
- Clover Leaf Flaked Light Lemon & Pepper Tuna - (85 gm = 1 serving)
- Clover Leaf Flaked Light Sundried Tomato & Basil Tuna - (85 gm = 1 serving)
- Clover Leaf Flaked Light Tomato & Onion Tuna - (85 gm = 1 serving)
- Gold Seal Flaked Light Tuna in Water - (70 g = 1 serving)
- Gold Seal Smoked Light Tuna Slices packed in water - (1 1/4 tin = 1 serving)
- Highliner Grilled Fillets - lemon & pepper - (1 fillet = 1 serving)
- Highliner Grilled Fillets Roasted Garlic & Herb - (1 fillet = 1 serving)
- Highliner Haddock Skewers with Red & Green Peppers - (1 skewer = 1 serving)
- M & M Cod Fillets - (1 fillet {85g} = 1 serving)
- M & M Haddock Fillets - (1 fillet {90g} = 1 serving)
- M & M Shrimp Ring - (100 g = 1 serving)
- M & M Shrimp Skewers Herb and Garlic Marinated - (1 skewer = 1 serving)
- Pacific Pride Flaked Light Tuna in Water - (75 g = 1 serving)
- President’s Choice Mahi Mahi - (80 g = 1 serving)
- Smart Choice Flaked Light Tuna in Water - (60 g = 1 serving)

DAIRY
GENERIC:
- egg whites (the whites of 6 eggs)
BRANDS
- Allegro 4% Skimmed Milk Cheese - (45 gm-1 serving) Limit to 2 servings per week
- Better’n Eggs Fat Free-Cholesterol Free (3/4 cup = 1 serving)
- Eggbeaters - Cheddar & Chive, Garden Vegetable, Original - (3/4 cup = 1 serving)
- Eggbeaters (Nabisco, Fleischmann’s) - (1/2 cup per serving)
- Egg Creations Original, Garden Vegetable, Cheddar and Chive – (1/2 cup = 1 serving)
- Gray Ridge Just Egg Whites - (1/2 cup = 1 serving)
- Kirkland Egg Starts - (1/2 cup = 1 serving)
- Kraft & Black Diamond Fat Free Cheese Slices (Cheddar, Swiss, Mozzarella)
- (3 slices = 1 serving) Limit to 2 servings per week
- Kraft Fat Free Cheddar - (1/2 cup = 1 serving protein) Limit to 2 servings per week
- Naturegg 100% pure egg whites - (1/2 cup = 1 serving)
- Simply Egg Whites - (3/4 cup = 1 serving)
- St. Albert L’elan Skimmed Milk Cheese (45 gm = 1 serving) Limit to 2 servings per week
- Real Eggs egg beaters southwestern - (1/2 cup = 1 serving)

LENTILS & BEANS
(2 servings a week - dry weight except where specified):
- adzuki beans
- black-eyed beans
- mung beans
- navy beans
- pigeon beans
- red soy beans- canned - (1 cup = 1 protein)
- yellow eyed beans
- green lentils
- red lentils

NOT ALLOWED:
- no artificial sea crab legs
- no clams, mussels, oysters
- no deli meats (except as specified)
- no ground meats of any type
- no herring
- no lamb
- no pork
- no salmon
- no sardines
- no smoked meats
- no squid
- no Swiss Chalet or similar style chicken, no restaurant chicken

VEGETABLES

2 SERVINGS PER DAY
Each serving can be up to 8 oz (230g) by raw weight (not volume).
Multiple items may be selected.
Vegetables may be used as cooked vegetables or as salads.
Vegetables may be canned, fresh or frozen.

ALLOWED:
GENERIC
- alfalfa sprouts
- asparagus
- bean sprouts
- beet greens
- bok choy
- broccoli
- brussel sprouts
- cabbage
- cauliflower
- celery
- chard
- cucumbers
- dill pickles - (2 only, no sugar)
- fiddleheads - (max 2 ounces per day)
- green beans
- jalapeno peppers 1 per day (small)
- lettuce - all types
- mushrooms
- onions
- parsley
- peppers - red, green, yellow, orange
- purple cabbage
- red radishes
- sauerkraut
- spinach
- tomatoes
- zucchini

BRAND:
- Aylmer Accents stewed tomatoes - (1/4 cup = 1 serving)
- Aylmer Diced Tomatoes
- Hunt’s Tomato Sauce Roasted Garlic - (2 ounces per day max)
- President’s Choice Organic Field Greens: Salad Mix
- Primo Recipe Starter: Tomatoes with Garlic & Basil
- The Egyptian Co. Frozen Chopped Molokhia (spinach)
- Vlasic Kosher Dill Spears - (maximum 1 pickle per day)

NOT ALLOWED:
- no avocados
- no carrots
- no corn
- no eggplant
- no okra
- no peas
- no potatoes
- no rice
- no yellow beans

FRUIT
2 servings per day (plus 1 cup {250 ml} Jell-O Light-any flavor)
Fresh fruit only - no canned or dried fruit

ALLOWED:
GENERIC:
- apple - (1 medium size = 1 serving)
- apricots - (3 or 4 small = 1 serving)
- cantaloupe - (1/4 cantaloupe = 1 serving)
- grapefruit - (1/2 grapefruit = 1 serving)
- orange - (1 medium size = 1 serving)
- peach - (1 medium size = 1 serving)
- rhubarb - (1/2 cup {125 ml} = 1 serving)
- strawberries - (6 to 8 strawberries = 1 serving)
- lemons and limes are allowed in any amounts
- Asian apple-pear fruit - (1 medium size = 1 serving)
- pomelo grapefruit (1 cup = 1 serving)

BRAND
- Applesnax no sugar added, apple-peach - (125 g = 1 serving)
- Applesnax no sugar added, unsweetened apple sauce - (125 g = 1 serving)
- Carmel Kosher Sugar Free Gel Dessert: Raspberry, Orange - (1 cup per day)
- Equality Unsweetened Apple Sauce – (2/3 cup = 1 serving)
- Hannaford Fat Free/Sugar Free Gelatin Dessert: Strawberry - (1 cup per day)
- Hunt’s Juicy Gels (no sugar added): Strawberry / Orange - (1-2 per day)
- Knox Gelatin - (2 cups per day - maximum)
- Kraft JELL-O No Sugar Added: Strawberry - (92 gm = 1 snack pack per day)
- Kraft Jell-O Light (Sugar Free) Jelly Powder: All Flavors
- Mott’s Healthy Harvest No Sugar Added Apple Sauce Cup, Country Berry Applesauce, Peach Medley,
Granny Smith, Summer Strawberry - (111 g = 1 serving)
- President’s Choice Appletreet - (1 container = 1 fruit serving)
- President’s Choice Organics Apple Blend Appletreet Unsweetened - (100 ml = 1 serving)
- Truly Unsweetened Apple Mixed Berry Fruit Snack - (1 container 113 g = 1 serving)

NOT ALLOWED:
- no bananas
- no cherries
- no grapes
- no honeydew
- no kiwi
- no mangos
- no nectarines
- no other berries
- no pears
- no pineapple
- no plums
- no tangerines/clementines
- no watermelon
- no Jell-O-Light Pudding

MISC.
Limit all miscellaneous items to 2 servings per day from each category unless otherwise specified.

MINTS/LOZENGES
BRAND
- Adams Max Air Sugarless gum - (3 per day)
- Blitz
- Chiclets Sugarless Gum: Assorted Fruit, Sours - (3 pieces per day)
- Clorets sugarless gum - original, eliminator, chlorophyll, wintergreen, arctic mint (3 per day)
- Dentyne Ice sugarless gum - spearmint, midnight mint, intense, shiver, rush, cinnamint, - (3 per
day), tango passion berry (2 per day)
- Dentyne Fire Mints - (1 per day)
- Entice Mints - peppermint/eucalyptus
- Excel sugarless gum - lemon, cherry chill, polar ice, chlorophyll, lemon Ice - (3 per day)
- Fishermans Friends Sucrose Free Lozenges: Apple Cinnamon (2 per day)
- Freedent sugar free gum - peppermint - (3 per day maximum)
- Frisk mint - (6 to 8 per day)
- Ice Breakers Sours - Berry Splash, Strawberry, Raspberry Lemonade - (2 per day)
- Koldt Mint - (6 to 8 per day)
- Listerine Pocket Packs - sugar free Cinnamon, Cool Mint, Fresh Burst, Fresh Citrus
- Mega-T Green Tea Sugar Free Chewing Gum - (2 per day)
- Nicorette Gum - (as directed)
- Orbit Sugar Free gum - (2 per day)
- Power Certs - (sugar free Certs)
- Strepsils Sugar Free Throat Lozenge - herbal lemon
- Trident Sugar Free Gum: Berry Splash - (1 per day)
- Trident Splash Sugar Free Gum: Vanilla Mint - (1 per day)
- Wrigley’s sugar free gum - juicy fruit, juicy fruit red - (3 per day)

SUPPLEMENTS
- Benefibre - (2 tbsp per day)
- Cold fx
- Dimetapp Extentabs
- GNC Natural Bran Colon Pure Psyllium Husk
- Omega 3.6.9 - 1 capsule
- Omega Nutrition Flax Oil - (1-3 tsp per day)
- Swiss One 80 vitamins- 1 caplet
- Senokot.S tablets laxative with stool softener
- Udo’s 3-6-9- Oil Blend - (1 tbsp per day)

GARNISHES
BRAND
- Beatrice Fat Free Sour Cream - (1 tbsp per day)
- Becel Topping & Cooking Spray
- Bick’s Hot Pepper Rings - (10 pepper rings per day)
- Castella Vinegars: Balsamic, Modena, White (1 tbsp per day)
- Certified Organic Raw A/C Apple Cider Vinegar - (2 tbsp per day)
- Chelten House Fat Free Balsamic Vinaigrette - (1 tbsp per day)
- Chelten House Italian with Roasted Pepper Vinaigrette - (1 tbsp per day)
- Compliments: Vinegar, Balsamic (1 tbsp per day)
- Compliments Coffee Whitener (1 tsp per day)
- Club House Dressing and Marinade Greek – (2 tbsp per day)
- Club House Salads n’ Dips: French Onion - (1 tbsp per day)
- E.D. Smith No Sugar Added Strawberry Spread - (1 tbsp per day)
- E.D. Smith No Sugar Added Apricot Spread - (1 tbsp per day)
- E.D. Smith No Sugar Added Spa Fruits: Strawberry, Raspberry - (1 tbsp per day)
- Eight O’clock Light Coffee Whitener - (1 tsp per day)
- Equality Coffee Whitener (1 tsp per day)
- Fifty 50 No Sugar Added Orange Marmalade Spread – (1 tbsp per day)
- Food Source Fat Free Whipped Dressing - (1 1/2 tsp per day)
- Frontier Co-op Bulk Packaged Spices - Bac’uns - (1 tbsp per day)
- Garden Goodness Fat Free Italian Dressing - (2 tbsp per day)
- Hain Pure Foods: Balsamic Vinegar (1 tbsp per day)
- Heinz New! One Carb - Reduced Sugar Tomato Ketchup - (1 tbsp per day)
- Hellmann’s Ultra 95% Fat Free Mayonnaise - (1/2 tbsp per day)
- Horseradish - (1 tbsp per day)
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Spray
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Spray-Garlic & Herb
- Kraft Calorie-Wise Italian Salad Dressing - (1 tbsp per day)
- Kraft Calorie-Wise: Extra Virgin Olive Oil-Zesty Italian - (2 tbsp per day)
- Kraft Miracle Whip Fat Free: Tangy Zip - (1 tbsp per day)
- Kraft Miracle Whip Calorie-Wise - (1 tbsp per day)
- Kraft Calorie-Wise Mayonnaise Dressing - (1 tbsp per day)
- Kraft Italian Fat Free Salad Dressing - (2 tbsp per day)
- Kraft Philadelphia Light Cream Cheese - (1 tbsp per day)
- Kraft Signature Calorie Wise Balsamic Vinaigrette - (1 tbsp per day)
- Kraft Zesty Italian Calorie-Wise Dressing - (1 tbsp per day)
- Maple Groves Low Carb Sugar Free Raspberry Vinaigrette - (2 tbsp per day)
- Maple Groves of Vermont Fat Free Balsamic Vinaigrette (4 tbsp per day)
- Marmite Yeast Extract Spread - (3/4 tsp per day)
- Master Choice Canola Cooking Spray
- Master Choice Coffee Whitener (2 tsp per day)
- Masters Choice Italian light Salad Dressing - (1 tbsp per day)
- McCormick No Salt Added Garlic & Herb Seasoning (1 tbsp per day)
- Merit Selection Coffee Whitener substitute - (2 tsp per day)
- Milk - only 1 tablespoon per day - (2%, 1%, skim, homo)
- Muir Glen Organic Medium Salsa - (2 tbsp per day)
- Nestle Coffee Mate The Original: Low Fat & Lactose Free (2 tbsp per day)
- Northern Harmony No Sugar Added - Maple Flavored Syrup - (2 tsp per day)
- Olivio Butter Spray with olive oil
- Philadelphia Low Fat 95 % Fat Free Cream Cheese - (1 tbsp per day)
- President’s Choice or Smart Beat Fat Free Mayonnaise - (1 tbsp per day)
- President’s Choice or Old El Paso Salsa - (2 tbsp per day)
- President’s Choice Blue Menu Ketchup Type Sauce - (2 tbsp per day)
- Quick Quisine Pancake Syrup - (1/8 cup maximum per day)
- Sealtest Light Cream (5% m.f.) - (1 tbsp per day)
- Silk Non dairy soy beverage - (1 tbsp per day)
- Smart Choice Lactose Free Coffee Whitener - (1-2 tsp per day)
- Smucker’s Sugar Free Strawberry Preserves - (1 tbsp per day)
- Tofu Shirataki Noodle Shaped Tofu - (4 oz per day max)
- Torani Sugar Free Flavoring- Butterscotch, Vanilla, Caramel, Hazelnut - (1 oz per day)
- Tostitos Salsa - (2 tbsp per day)
- Vivian’s Spa Dressing - Caesar Vinaigrette - (1 tbsp per day)
- Walden Farms Calorie Free Bleu Cheese Dressing - (2 tbsp per day)
- Walden Farms Calorie Free Balsamic Vinaigrette - ( 2 tbsp per day)
- Walden Farms Calorie Free Chocolate Syrup - (2 tbsp per day)
- Walden Farms Calorie Free Creamy Bacon Dressing - (2 tbsp per day)
- Walden Farms Calorie Free Honey Dijon Vinaigrette - (2 tbsp per day)
- Walden Farms Calorie Free Italian with Sundried Tomato Dressing - (2 tbsp per day)
- Walden Farms Calorie Free Thick & Spicy Barbeque Sauce - (2 tbsp per day)
- Walden Farms Calorie Free Tomato Ketchup - (1 tbsp per day)
- Walden Farms Fat Free Caesar Salad Dressing - (2 tbsp per day)
- Walden Farms Fat Free French Salad Dressing - (2 Tbsp per day)
- Walden Farms No Carb Fruit Spread- Strawberry, Apricot - (1 tbsp per day)
- Walden Farms Pancake Syrup - (2 tbsp per day)
- Walden Farms No Carbs Apple Butter Fruit Spread - (1 tbsp per day)
- Walden Farms Ready To Serve Packets Ranch Dressing - (1 per day)
- Zero - Carb Pancake Syrup - (1/8 cup maximum per day)

SEASONINGS
1 tbsp per day unless otherwise specified.
- Accent, white vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, fresh herbs, spices and
seasonings are allowed. Do not use premixed sauces or seasonings - (e.g. shrimp sauce, barnaise
sauce, ketchup, etc.)
- Capers
- Emeril’s Asian Essence
- Emeril’s Original Essence
- Emeril’s Southwest Essence
- Frank’s RedHot Original
- French’s Dijon Mustard
- Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- Gulden’s Spicy Brown Mustard
- Hunt’s Tomato Paste
- Keen’s Dried Mustard (powdered) and regular mustard - (no sugar)
- Kikoman Soya Sauce - regular or light
- Knorr Tomato Bouillon With Chicken Flavor - (2 tsp per day)
- McCormick Low Fat Bouillon Cubes
- McCormick Gourmet Collection Seafood Seasoning
- McIlhenny Farms Spicy Brown Mustard
- Omega Nutrition Apple Cider Vinegar
- Patak’s Tandoori Paste for Grills and Barbeque
- Pampered Chef Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix
- Plochman’s Spicy Brown Mustard - (in moderation)
- Sadaf Chicken Kabob Seasoning
- Star Funghi Porcini Boullion Cubes
- Unico Tomato Paste
- Vegeta Food Seasoning and Soup Mix - (2 tbsp per day)
- VH Soy Sauce

SWEETENERS
- Hermasetas, Sucaryl, Saccharin, Equal or Sugar Twin, Herbal Select Stevia Extract Blend in tablet or
liquid form allowed.

ABSOLUTELY NOT ALLOWED
- no butter
- no cocktail sauce
- no HP sauce
- no ketchup - (except as specified)
- no Mrs. Dash seasonings -(except as specified)
- no oil or any commercial salad dressings
- no popcorn
- no red wine vinegar
- no sugar
- no powdered sugar substitutes
- no Weight Watchers™ Products
- no Worcestershire Sauce

This post has been edited by Hillbilly Housewife on Aug 1 2007, 01:50 PM

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Aug 2 2007, 04:11 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

So my scale says 170.4 this morning. The clinic scale is about 2 pounds off from mine though. I have to take evening urine tonight for the test tomorrow. 1 1\2 hours after I take my last protein portion. dunno.gif

I'm going to see two movies tonight, with four of our friends. Thank goodness it's going to be at a silver city theatre, which means I can bring in some snacks of my own. emlaugh.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (5) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0127 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]