Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Rocky's Last Measure, ha ha get it? measure? lol!
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 16 2007, 11:02 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

ok so that was totally not intended, and SO LAME I had to leave it there.

15.5 hours to go before my life totally changes. This will be one of the hardest things I've ever had to do - I sure hope I will be able to stick with it.

I will have to post EVERYTHING, so bear with me when I do.

I have to weigh all my food, for starters. Well, I need to re-learn portion control. They're going to teach me what's in a portion. So I'll have to use my handy dandy food scale to weigh out 3 ounces of chicken, 1 ounce of cheese, etc etc... I also have to take nutritional supplements to make sure I get everything I'm supposed ot be getting, because of the possible shock to my system.

Aye. I'll let you know what diet i'm doing after one week. tongue.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
amymom
Posted: Jul 16 2007, 11:03 AM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,308

Good Luck!

----Oh Wait! Just expressing some concern. With your TIA's should you be doing an extreme diet or is it ok? Please be careful!!! hug.gif

This post has been edited by amymom on Jul 16 2007, 11:04 AM

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
moped
Posted: Jul 16 2007, 11:04 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Is a portion the size of your fist???

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Jul 16 2007, 11:13 AM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Member No.: 2,273

In restaurants, a portion of meat should be about the size of a deck of cards. No bigger. Just a hint I've found useful. Good luck, Rocky. Post away.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jul 16 2007, 02:15 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

Good luck!!!! thumb.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 16 2007, 03:31 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Yeah it's fine about the TIA's. They will monitor me, like everyone else, very closely. It's supervised by medical professionals 3 times a week, minimum. They test your urine and everything. blink.gif

Actually any meal you eat should be able to fit in your cupped hands...which is why apparently it's better to eat 5 or 6 smaller meals a day as opposed to a couple of big ones.

A portion of cheese, for instance, is about the size of a pair of die side by side. A portion of meat is about the size of a deck of cards. An apple, if you take a fruit portion, is about 2\3 of a big apple, or a small apple.

11 hours to go. tongue.gif

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 06:33 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Ok so 4 hours down. This isn't so bad.

I packet protein Chicken broth this morning, as a drink instead of coffee. I'd been weeding out coffee slowly the last week or so... so I didn't have to have coffee this morning.

I need to have 2 protein, 2 fruit portions, 2 veggie portions and 2 bread substitutes every day. I'm sooo going to feel like Tara on her yeast diet... lol

Official weigh in this morning - 182.2 I guess I retained water, my scale is off, or those last few handfuls of chips last night did me in. emlaugh.gif

Goal for 2 weeks from now, 172.2 - 175.2

*sigh*

Ok ok - and I'm doing the Dr. Bernstein Diet. happy.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 06:47 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

I have a freind on Bernstein and she is doing GREAT!!!!!!!!

Take pics and keep us posted

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jul 17 2007, 07:46 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

Congrats on doing something for you. I thought it was Dr B's when you started to describe it. Good luck, you can do this cheerleader.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Lunch today was actually pretty yummy. I made a big batch of tomato soup this morning to separate out into portions for quick easy parts of a meal... and I had 3\4 cup tomato soup, with 4.5 ounces of cut up radishes, green peppers, and celery, with about 1\2 a tablespoon of fat free mayo to dip in. I had an orange for "dessert".

Do'nt quite know what I'm going to have for dinner yet - probably some tuna, with green beans, and more raw veggies to munch on.

I'm looking forward to trying out the lentil burger recipe. I love lentils. yummy.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 08:16 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Jul 16 2007, 07:31 PM)
Actually any meal you eat should be able to fit in your cupped hands...which is why apparently it's better to eat 5 or 6 smaller meals a day as opposed to a couple of big ones.

Ohhhh, mannnnn! I just put a "meal" into my cupped hands. I need bigger hands. rolling_smile.gif

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 12:06 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I looked over my lists while the kids were sleeping, and then we went grocery shopping.

I'm making baked chicken with mushrooms for dinner. I'm going to make pasta for the rest of the fmaily for them to eat it with though.... and I bought some baby spinach that will go very well with it. With some ohmemade vinegrette. Can't eat the storebought stuff unles it's specified, but I forgot to look. blush.gif

I'm going to have about 7 strawberries later too, for my 2nd fruit portion.

I didn't find the specific type of bread that I'm allowed to eat, so I'm just skipping out on it. tongue.gif It's my first day, they told me I was allowed exceptions for today and tomorrow, just so that I'm able to figure out what I'm doing and what to buy. emlaugh.gif

I ended up having a coffee in the early afternoon...but it just isn't the same with only a tablespoon on milk and no sugar. I didn't even finish it.

I drank loads of water too of course.

I'm impressed. I'm not hungry like I usually am on a diet.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Sam & Abby's Mom
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 07:05 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 11,125

Looks like you are off to a great start. Keep it going, girl !

--------------------
Peggy
Wife to Tim (Oct 1996)
Mom to Sammy (Nov 2004), Abby (Jun 2006)
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 18 2007, 03:05 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

179.3 this morning.

tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Hillbilly Housewife on Jul 18 2007, 03:07 AM

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 18 2007, 08:06 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

This morning, I didn't have breakfast...no biggie, I hardly ever do. I had water. happy.gif

I took the kids on a walk this morning at 8am, something we NEVER do that early. Then we came home, and I gave them a snack, and I munched on pieces of an orange while I made another meal to portion out. I made the lentil burger recipe.

The first round in the oven went ok...until I had to flip them over... then I realized I hadn't packed them together enough...and they all fell apart. So I just continued cooking it, and I wlil use it like I'd use ground beef... but portionned out of course.

Roud 2 of the lentil burgers, I packed the patties better, and they turned out pretty good actually, for not having anything to hold them together other than their own mush... lol rolling_smile.gif

So, I used a portion of the ruined burger for lunch today... i had just put it in a plate, to eat it like that - it's seasoned with red bell peppers, onions, coriander and garlic. Pretty tasty actually. I had gotten my veggies ready - the rest of the 8 ounces (minus what was used to put in the patties) of baby spinach leaves, celery, radishes, red and green bell pepper. The dressing I made was soooo good, I may make a whole jar of it. 1 tbsp fat free mayo, 3\4 tbsp white vinegar, 3\4 tbs lemon juice, a pinch of thyme, a pinch of celery seed, and about 1\2 teaspoon of dill. Very Very tasty.

Anyhoo, I decided to experiment and put the cooked lentils in with my salad. I was very impressed, and will definiltely be doing it again next time i'm allowed to have lentils. I shouldn't have lentils more than 2 or 3 times a week, because they're so heavy. But yummy. emlaugh.gif

So now I'm stuffed. Absolutely stuffed. I had to force down the last of my salad. emlaugh.gif

MY dinner tonight, will be the chicken livers and onions I made last night. DH said he'd try it... and I'm not cruel enough to make the kids eat it... lol I'm probably going to just cook them some regular chicken with some onions, and they can eat it with the radish leaves I'd picked for a salad, and turns out i'm not allowed radish leaves. Fantastic. They get the good food. rolling_smile.gif I'm missing hte radish seed pods though...those are the greatest. bawling.gif

I'm allowed another 8 ounces of veggies today, so for dinner i'll likely have some romaine lettuce instead of spinach...keep it interesting. I'll cut up the liver and put it in the salad, mask the taste. emlaugh.gif

I've had 2 litres of water to drink today already. 1 more to go for my minimum...

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Jul 18 2007, 08:13 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

Sounds like your doing good. Congrats!!! Keep up the good and hard work.
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Jul 18 2007, 08:13 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

Good luck, Rocky! And WTG, by the way.

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 18 2007, 09:08 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Thanks! happy.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 18 2007, 11:11 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Mmmm I just got dinner ready, just need to heat it up when dh gets home.

We're having stuffed zucchini, chicken breasts, and salad. Dh and the kids are also having some rice with soya sauce. I'm going to have a slice of bread instead of rice, that will fill my bread substitute quota for the day.

I've finished another litre of water... on to my 4th litre.

I'd forgotten to take my potassium supplements at lunch time... so I was wondering why I felt a little tired around 1:30... I took them then, with 1\4 green apple and 3 strawberries. After dinner, I'm going to have another 1\4 apple, and my 4th strawberry.

Tis 3pm - heading out to the park with the kids. I only have mine today. cool.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 19 2007, 04:17 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

175.8 this morning.

This is so hard. I even have to be careful what type of toothpaste, soap, dishwashing liquid, foods I touch... if I touch oily food, it can have an impact because of the absorption through the skin. I have to wear latex goves to make bread. rolling_smile.gif rolling_smile.gif

I think I'm just going to buy a few loaves and my kids are going to have to suck it up. wink.gif

My father in law is coming for dinner tonight - so I'm making veal shish-kabobs with veal scaloppini, cherry tomatoes, red and green tomatoes, celery, onion, and i'll be putting pineapple chunks on theirs, and apple chunks on mine. I'm going to make a nice spinach and strawberry salad with that - i'll measure mine out first, then I'll add some raspberry vinaigrette to theirs.

I've already got dessert - leftover chocolate cake from Saturday. It's still very fresh, as dh wrapped it in saran wrap. The frosting is ALL OVER IT. rolleyes.gif

I REALLY want a coffee this morning... I went to bed wayyy late last night. Burned a few extra calories. Ahem. wink.gif But I can't have any sugar...and it just ain't any good without it. rolleyes.gif

Lunch I'm going to have a tomato sandwich. Well only on one slice of bread, cut in two, because the darn bread I bought one bread substitue from my list is only half a slice...they didn't sell the bread that I can have a slice per serving at the grocery store here. dry.gif Anyways - half a tomato sandwich, with a bit of mayo - i'm allowed 1 tbsp of PC brand fat free mayo per day. Some salt and pepper...good to GO. I'm going to put a little bit of romaine lettuce in there. I'll have 1\4 of an apple with that, and 2 strawberries. I might have a portion of tomato soup too...although that just might be too much tomato, i'll turn red. laugh.gif

Which means in my salad with dinner, I can have the other 2 strawberries, and the other 1\4 apple will go on my kabobs.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
lovemy2
Posted: Jul 19 2007, 05:17 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

redbounce.gif party.gif horray.gif cheerleader.gif cheerleader.gif

WAY TO GO - KEEP AT IT GIRL!!!!

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jul 19 2007, 05:20 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Congrats on the weight loss Rocky, I personally don't really like Dr. B's diet but if it works for you great. You are very focused, keep up the great work. cheerleader.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 19 2007, 06:05 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Thanks guys.

Terri, I'm not really liking the food choices, but I'm making the most of it...it's a good thing I can be creative!!! emlaugh.gif

I can't really complain though. Over 6 pounds lost in only 2 days, I'm definitely not complaining. thumb.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jul 19 2007, 06:08 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

I hear ya about the losses they are great. The food choices sound good too and you really are creative, it is just the amounts. We use the analogy of putting gas in your car to make it go as the same as putting fuel (food) in your system to keep your system and body working. Just make sure you aren't feeling light headed or hungry and you should be fine. Keep up the great work.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jul 19 2007, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (booey2 @ Jul 19 2007, 09:08 AM)
I hear ya about the losses they are great. The food choices sound good too and you really are creative, it is just the amounts. We use the analogy of putting gas in your car to make it go as the same as putting fuel (food) in your system to keep your system and body working. Just make sure you aren't feeling light headed or hungry and you should be fine. Keep up the great work.

Well the way it sort of works is that it's low cal...but you use up your own fat stores, so you end up burning like 3000 calories of your own fat stores, and only take in about 850 calories, give or take a little.

I take a multi vitamin and some potassium supplements.

Have you ever weighed 16 ounces of vegetables? OMG, that's a lot of veggies. In salad, it's more than the amount I make when I have my inlaws over for dinner. rolling_smile.gif

You do eat a lot of protein though. 7 ounces of protein a day - which is like half a chicken breast and 6 boiled eggs (just the whites though).

There's actually quite a bit of food in a day... i'm not extra hungry. I'm glad, cuz at least I don't feel like I'm dieting - just eating better.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0125 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]