Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Mel's Kicking Fat's Butt Journal 07
TANNER'S MOM
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 08:57 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 824

Well I don't know why the whole thought of a journal is so hard for me. I guess I have mad journals on fit day and stuff..because I felt they were private. For me it's hard to know that other people read my private struggles.. but maybe it is what I need.

I started yesterday excerising again.. it felt great. I woke up this morning feeling better already.. like my old self again. I felt my abs a bit tighter and I am sure my muscles are just sore..lol But I felt like I had done something anyway.

The one thing I hate about weight loss I feel like my family doesn't quite understand it again. My Dh just said what you are typing so much about.. I said it's my diet journal..he said you are weird.. I said SEEE you are so supportive. I am sure he doesn't mean it to be negative..but my weight is such a negative thing for me that I take every small comment or joke or teasing thing wrong. When he says those thins I want to scream.

Okay goal for the day.. eat right.. I will post that later.. drink tons of water and I will post that later and I need to find a way to get more active..and I want something that Tanner can do to get active too. I am doing this for him also.. he needs a bit of a chane.

--------------------
PM
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 09:19 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

Mel, we all have our ups and downs. There's no shame in confessing when we've had a bad day. Women especially have more ups and downs b/c of their cycle.

It's hard for me not to be positive all the time b/c I think people don't want to read my negativit thoughts, but it's good for those times you are feeling down to read everyone's replies to build you up. We're all here for each other. wink.gif I always feel so much better after venting here, just like with any situation...it helps to get it off your chest so to speak.

I'm glad you are already feeling better. I always feel great when I work out, too. thumb.gif

Welcome and don't be afraid to post. wavey.gif
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 09:33 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

hug.gif We are supporting you, all the way no matter what good or bad days. I tend to have more bad days than good and need to get working out as well I do feel better when I get the chance to. Today I think will be a good day for me, okay change that today will be a good day for me.

hug.gif post away

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster

coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 09:36 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

Post away Mel. thumb.gif I HAVE to put all my thoughts in my journal, negative and positive. Mostly more negative than positive. blush.gif Typing it to myself just doesn't work. I need others to make me feel better when I'm low or when I'm having a good day and journaling to myself just can't make that happen. We are here for you no matter what. Go back and read some of are journals from last year and see the highs and lows we had, maybe that will help motivate you to journal more.?.

hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 09:47 AM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Member No.: 2,459

Welcome Mel!! I think journaling has to be honest and both positive and negative. I love reading both, the positive because it helps motivate me and the negative because it makes me realize I'm not alone in this struggle. So I try to be very honest in my journal for myself and for others.

You will do great again, you've done it once and you know what works!

--------------------
Naomi, Wife to Tim & Mommy to Thomas (7) and Andrew (2)
user posted image
PM
CantWait
Posted: Jan 25 2007, 09:51 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Well if you feel bad about your thoughts Mel, keep an eye on my journal, I get down to the nitty gritty there. Just remember we're here to support eachother, positive or negative.

Sometimes when I feel like going off track, I think about you guys here, and even though I know you would support me, I don't want to let anyone down so that keeps me going, just knowing that someone is going to read it.

hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jan 25 2007, 09:54 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

Hey Mel, it's been awhile, how's it going? hug.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 25 2007, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

Thinking about you hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

You still out there Mel? Been thinking of you. hug.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 1 2007, 07:24 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (Kaitlin'smom @ Jan 30 2007, 02:28 PM)
You still out there Mel? Been thinking of you. hug.gif

bump.gif Ditto. hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
TANNER'S MOM
Posted: Feb 2 2007, 08:37 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

I am here. been busy this week. I have tried to make good decisions all week. I have lost three pounds this week which is good. It was hard with Aunt Flo being here. I need to exercise more.. I am going to make myself. I need to do some thing daily.. I dont' know why it's been so hard on me. I do feel good about the three pounds b/c it's a start. I am going to start writting it on the calender too so I can see the change.

--------------------
PM
booey2
Posted: Feb 2 2007, 08:48 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

Great job Mel, it sucks when life gets in the way of what we want. You can do this. cheerleader.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
CantWait
Posted: Feb 2 2007, 09:52 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

WTG Mel. 3lbs is fantastic. Keep up the great work. horray.gif horray.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Feb 7 2007, 06:34 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

GOOD JOB ON THE LOSS cheerleader.gif

How are you this week? When does the job start?

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

TANNER'S MOM
Posted: Feb 27 2007, 07:08 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

I am trying so hard. I have actually been weighing and writing my weight on the big calender in the kitchen for all to see. That's a big step for me. I would never tell anyone what I weigh..and now all the family including Dh can see the ups and downs. I am doing better and I have been pretty active lately. Which makes me feel better.

I have been walking again since the weather is nicer. I love that.

I took Tanner to school this morning.. had a breakfast bar and some water and walked already. I feel good for what I have ahead.

I weighed this morning..no loss..but no gain..so that's a plus.

--------------------
PM
TANNER'S MOM
Posted: Feb 28 2007, 07:19 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

I was a good girl again today and went and walked a long time.. after I took the kids to school. It was breezy but nice. I wish I had a walking partner. I think I could walk so much longer if I had someone to chat with. I need a buddy. A chubby buddy.

I feel better after walking. I am really getting back into the dedicated mode again and feeling a bit better about myself.

No change on the scale..but Aunt Flo is here and at least I didn't gain. I have upped the water.

I did cheat last night and had a snack after hours. Night eating has always been my demise. I was kind of hateful with Dh..up watching late night TV.. and I should've just went to bed when my stomach started growling..but Nope I went to the cabinet and grabbed a granola bar. I feel guilty b/c I know late night eating is my worst habit. Tonight I will do better.

I am going to work on more water today. But water did make me mad.. I was walking and I had to PEE.. and I mean I had already had forty ounces of water by 8...and I walked to the bathroom and the door was locked with a padlock. I mean what do you do.. I was so made at the park.. who locks the bathroom. I was miserable..I wont tell you what I did.. but when you gotta go you gotta go.

--------------------
PM
TANNER'S MOM
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 08:24 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

OMG I am so happy.. the scale has quit stalling and is finally moving downward. I am so glad I could scream. I always feel good when I leave one of the ten lbs increments and go to the other. I feel like I have accomplished something. I want to dance.

--------------------
PM
coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 08:53 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (TANNER'S MOM @ Mar 7 2007, 11:24 AM)
OMG I am so happy.. the scale has quit stalling and is finally moving downward. I am so glad I could scream. I always feel good when I leave one of the ten lbs increments and go to the other. I feel like I have accomplished something. I want to dance.

Congrats Mel!!!! thumb.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
TANNER'S MOM
Posted: Mar 8 2007, 07:28 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Scale didn't gain today either. I have really curved my late night snacking. I know thats so important but I had fallen into eating late again due to Dh. But he is working nights again..so I can close my kitchen..cause he is gone. Making it easier for me.

I didn't walk at the park today..I hit my treadmill for about twenty minutes. I had to much going on.. but tomorrow I will. I feel guilty for not going to the park. But I ate healthy all day. I had a small glass of tea.. I just wanted it .

I hope I do well this weekend. Dh will be home. I think he kind of subatoges me and doesn't even mean too. I stay busy when he is around. Having to eat on the go.. I need to read up on how to eat healthy fast food.

--------------------
PM
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Apr 2 2007, 07:53 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

How are you doing Mel?

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0159 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]