Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (10) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Di's 2007
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 06:35 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

my only problem is water does not take away the cravings, and if I over drink I am bloated, feel sick and then try to eat to abosrb some of it. Normal I crave sweets, so I have some fruit and yougrt, both have that sweet factor and can take care of it, its just getting myself to start eating it then I am fine. for the crunch cravings I am have some 100 calorie packs, I am just looking for alturnitives for the craving.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 07:00 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

Glad the stomach bug is gone now. Keep doing what you are doing and you will get to your goal. I wish I could help with the cravings and AF, but I'm the worst person to do that. I simply give into them during AF, if I didn't I would just eat everything in sight, which is much worse then giving into some of my cravings. happy.gif laugh.gif AF is just to all mighty powerful for me. rolleyes.gif

You can do this Di. cheerleader.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 07:09 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

thanks Karen I really need the cheers. I am so wanting to fit into pants that are to tight and feel good in them, I keep thinking of that now that I am feeling better. I need to try them on and see how tight they are, the in a couple weeks and so on till they fit comfortably.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 12:43 PM
Quote Post

Graceland

well for lunch I had a piece of bread and water laugh.gif sounds terrible huh. I had eaten my breakfast really late so I did nto want much and for snack I had a 100 calorie pack and yougert.

dunno about dinner have to see what I feel like making after I clean the kitchen.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 12:51 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

Di you will get there. hug.gif When I had a pair of pants that I wanted to fit into, I hung them on my closet and tried them on once a week. I was stoked when they finally fit!!! biggrin.gif

When you eat a meal, try eating a well rounded meal. 4 oz of protein, Carbs and a veggie. Have healthy snacks in between. Drink your water and limit your sodium and sugar intake. You will get full, it will pull you thru the day and you won't be craving so much. When you substitute a meal with a starch or sugar you crash and burn later. When you skip a meal or don't eat enough, you start craving high calorie/high fat foods (comfort foods.)

Anyway, I've played this game so many times and manipulated it so much that doing it this way really makes sense and I'm having much success so far.
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 12:56 PM
Quote Post

Graceland

I normaly dont do that, and thankfuly it did not bite me this time. Honestly next time I will skip the bread and just eat my lunch a bit later.

ahhhh hang a pair on the closet, good idea. I need to weed out the closet anyway.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 06:24 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

dinner was south beach diet wraps kaitlin and I shared them. and ice cream with omish peanut butter YUMMY.

breakfast was peanutbutter and jelly sandwich.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 06:26 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Yummy yummy.gif Keep it up Di. Sounds like you've started the day off right. thumb.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 06:33 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

yep it was good and I think it will keep me full, I have soup for lunch. Yougert and apple for snacks. not sure about dinner as Kait has gymnastics tonight so we will be home late.

oh I know the ice cream was not great for me but I have been craving it since we got it last week when I was sick so I gave into and now I am done with it.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 06:48 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

Definitely good choice, gotta have ice cream some times. Keep it up. smile.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 08:12 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

well I am just finishing some no sugar added all natural apple sauce for a little snack, yummy. that should hold till lunch. I am freezing here in the office, wish I had my big swetter. where is the sun when you need it. glad I packed soup for lunch thumb.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 09:04 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Sounds like a good day and you have a good plan in place!! thumb.gif Keep it up!
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

lunch was soup, and a few chips. I need to find something to go with the soup, something cruchy, and not salad cant eat salad when its cold out and cant eat soup when its warm out. DH said he was making dinner stuffed shells and garlic toast, YUMMY, honestly not sure if I shoudl eat that or ask for something different for me like a small piece of chicken and some veggies.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 12:11 PM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Member No.: 2,459

Oh that dinner sounds so good! Stay strong, you can do it!!! cheerleader.gif

--------------------
Naomi, Wife to Tim & Mommy to Thomas (7) and Andrew (2)
user posted image
PM

Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 12:23 PM
Quote Post

Graceland

thanks I am really thinking of going for chicken over the stuffed shells. It would be better for me.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 02:37 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I love stuffed shells, too. yummy.gif But, you're right, it's not a healthy choice. sad.gif

I'm so impressed that you are thinking ahead this way. You go girl!!!! cheerleader.gif
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 08:06 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Well whatever you had tonight for dinner I hope it was something you wanted. You can eat anything you want, in moderation. Keep it up Di, you can do this. cheerleader.gif cheerleader.gif Just remember if you are too strict on yourself you'll fail. Well I should say that is what happens to me. happy.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 12 2007, 06:31 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

well I had the stuffed shells, I looked them up to see hwo many I was allowed and the nutrition was not as bad as I thought I was allowed 2, and thats all I had with a BIG salad. I ended up eating just the crust of the garlic toast as Kait does not like that part blush.gif but hay I got the taste with only 1/2 the guilt. I also had vanialla ice cream and the rest of the omish peanut butter, so now that thats gone I wont want the ice cream any more. I did get some activity in.

so on to a new day.

skim milk, and now I am having my breakfast bagal and water. Lunch is soup and salad. Darn I just remembered I forgot my yougert sad.gif not sure what afternoon snack will be now.

no plans yet for dinner

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jan 12 2007, 06:44 AM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Hey that's great that you got to eat them! I hope to be able to get to the point where just 2 or 3 bites of something that I love is enough for me. Sounds like you did great!!!!!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 15 2007, 06:34 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

okay so it was 50/50 over the weekend with food some good some not so good. Saturday was the worst the rest not to bad. I went to the store and got some good things to eat and much on if needed. I also did 2 small work outs yesterday. I found I have exersize tv on demand so I have tons of things to choose form so I did 2 short workouts a pliates in the afternoon (man that was hard, did not do very well with that) and a ab work out last night, that was hard also but did better with that. I am going to try alot of them and see which ones I like and which I need to work at. So far this moring I had my milk, I am drinking coffee right now and heating up breakfast (oatmeal) and for lunch I packed a nice salad, also have an appple and yourget for a snack. Dinner I am thinking a nice pice of chicken some veggies and maybe a sweet patato.

I weigh in tomorrow and hoping for a good one. NO GAIN, I prefer a loss but will take a maintain.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jan 15 2007, 06:36 AM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Hey Di, I'm right there with you on the weekend thing, but at least you exercised, all I did was wash my vehicle! But tis Monday, back on track!!!
cheerleader.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 15 2007, 06:42 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

weekends can be the hardest, did not help DH had a bunch of people over so it was lots of snacky food and pizza for dinner. I really did not snack that much but had 3 slices of pizza blush.gif one cheese, one sausage, and one bufflao chicken.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jan 15 2007, 06:46 AM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

same here, minus the pizza and add alcohol! blush.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 15 2007, 09:33 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

and that was a nice big salad for lunch, 3 types of lettace, carrotts, cucembers, a little cheese, a few croutons and light salad dressing. YUMMY it was good, however now I am cold its raning here and getting chilly out. I still have my yougert and apple. Well off to get Kaitlin.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 15 2007, 06:10 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Sounds like you are doing great Di. thumb.gif Keep up the great work. cheerleader.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (10) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0180 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]