Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Aimee's 2006 Journal
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 24 2006, 09:15 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

BTW, if you can't get to the gym can you pop in a tape while Ethan's sleeping? It would be something, right? That's the only way I get to work out. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jan 24 2006, 09:22 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

Good job Aimee, I need to go and pull out all my old books and read them over so I can get remotivated again. thumb.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 24 2006, 09:36 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

Thanks y'all!! hug.gif

Terri the books really are encouraging. Try that when you are in a slump. thumb.gif

I just ate my lunch and was thinking the same thing....why don't I put in a DVD and workout here? tongue.gif

PMEmail Poster

Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 25 2006, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I thought about treating myself today since it is weigh in and I did lose, but I'm happy to report that I passed up the Edwards key lime pie (my very favorite) and bought a WW key lime pie instead (3 pts I think) smile.gif When I reach my first goal I will treat myself to a slice of the real thing.

I lost 3 pounds. That brings me down to 152. I'm almost back down to where I was in October. blush.gif I feel really good today. I went to the gym this morning and did 30 mins cardio and 30 mins strength training. I'm mixing up my routine every other day to challenge my muscles and work them from different angles. Maybe this will keep me from hitting a plateau. tongue.gif

I just remembered a discussion that my brother and I had last time I was home. He's always been the athletic, muscular type and he is pretty vain as well. rolleyes.gif He was talking about how he has started working out again and how strong he is becoming and I said "Yeah, I've been working out, too" I held out my arm and made a muscle and he felt of it and said "Dang Aimee! You have been working out." tongue.gif I've always been the wimpy little sister, ya know? I have no athletic ability and I've never been one to grace the doors of the gym. He always had a negative comment to make on my wimpy little muscles, etc. It felt good to know my hard work at the gym is paying off.

Anyway, this week I plan to stay on track with my eating. I really need to eat more veggies and fiber and protein. blink.gif What have I been eating? laugh.gif I have been drinking so much water I think my eyeballs are going to float. I also need to take it easy on carbs (my favorite), sugar and sodium. I've been retaining too much water. And I will keep on exercising, of course.

I would love to lose 2 pounds a week. I think that is very realistic and a healthy short term goal. 3 pounds is nice, and even though it is one more pound than two, it doesn't seem as realistic. I think the reason I lost 3 this week is b/c AF just left.

I'm such a clothes horse...I was looking at all the new Spring stuff they have out now at the stores. I can't wait to fit into a smaller size and be able to wear certain styles that I haven't been able to wear in awhile (sleeveless shirts, etc.) Just more motivation for me. biggrin.gif

Edited to add my food for the day.

Breakfast: Orange juice...yep, that's it. tongue.gif
Lunch: Lean Cuisine panini (tried it for the first time...it's really good yummy.gif )
Dinner: Lean Cuisine spinach and mushroom pizza...love these things.
Dessert: WW key lime pie. laugh.gif

I realize I didn't eat enough today. blush.gif I'm just not very hungry.

This post has been edited by Maddie&EthansMom on Jan 25 2006, 06:11 PM
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 26 2006, 06:03 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I feel the need to post something here. I'm sluggish today, but I went ahead and worked out anyway. I got 30 mins of cardio in (elliptical), but just barely. And I did about 50 stomach crunches before crashing and heading home.

On the upside I've really noticed a difference in my body. It could be my imaginiation, too. tongue.gif

Today I ate:
Breakfast: Tried to eat a protein bar puke.gif Opted for 1/4 of a granola bar...I just couldn't make myself eat this morning.
Lunch: Healthy Choice dinner
Snack: popcorn
Dinner: small baked pork chop, 1/2 baked sweet potato and green beans
Dessert: WW Key lime pie yummy.gif

I also drank a lot of water today. I'm not keeping count b/c that is all I drink so I know I'm getting enough.
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 31 2006, 08:33 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I might as well just forego weigh in this week. rolleyes.gif Not only did I eat horribly this weekend, I haven't made it to the gym yet this week. unsure.gif I've just been really busy since we got back into town.

I'm back on track with my eating and I'm just going to pick up from here and hope for the best. tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Feb 1 2006, 08:44 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I'm SO disgusted. bawling.gif bawling.gif

I'm back up to 155. puke.gif Will this weight EVER come off??? I just keep bouncing back and forth and I'm not getting anywhere at all. wacko.gif I'm so frustrated...I can't find the balance I'm looking for. bawling.gif
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Feb 1 2006, 07:08 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I'm feeling better. I sat down and really thought about what I've been eating and I've been eating a lot more than I realized. blush.gif I probably ate more calories just by being careless and not paying attention to what I was eating or careless snacking. tongue.gif

I did better today. I kept track of all my points and stayed within my range. I was starving all day...even with snacks, but I'm proud of myself for not caving. thumb.gif

PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Feb 2 2006, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

It was a busy day today. I had some toast for breakfast (one piece, dry) then we were off to our tax appt. I drank some water and was getting carsick so I grabbed the nearest snack (goldfish crackers) and ate those. tongue.gif After the appt Scotty wanted to eat at Pei Wei and I watched what I ate and didn't eat a whole lot, but everything is so fattening. I really had to take it easy for dinner (turkey sandwich on wheat) It wasn't much, but it was filling. wink.gif And I've had only water to drink all day. Tomorrow will be better.

I also went to the gym this afternoon. I got in 45 mins of cardio. cool.gif I had to work off some of that darn rice.
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Feb 3 2006, 03:42 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Another good day. biggrin.gif

Breakfast: Toast with light margarine
Lunch: Really fattening salad blush.gif I had to use the last of this salad dressing...it was positively loaded with fat, though. sleep.gif Still feeling guilty.
Snack: turkey breast (sandwich meat), 2 small slices of cheese
Dinner: I'm going to go with a lean cuisine pizza and fresh fruit. yummy.gif

I didn't exercise since I had to be at Maddie's school this afternoon. I will try to get a workout in in the morning before leaving to pick up my brother. Or maybe tonight, too.
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Feb 8 2006, 07:58 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Updating the journal with my current weight. I weighed in at 151 this morning. I'm glad to be closer to the 140's. I have lost 14 pounds and have about 16 to go. I didn't make it to the gym but once this past week, but I was good with my eating. I didn't want to put too much pressure on myself to go to the gym. I will go when I can and I figure that is better than nothing. tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 8 2006, 08:02 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Feb 8 2006, 09:58 AM)
Updating the journal with my current weight. I weighed in at 151 this morning. I'm glad to be closer to the 140's. I have lost 14 pounds and have about 16 to go. I didn't make it to the gym but once this past week, but I was good with my eating. I didn't want to put too much pressure on myself to go to the gym. I will go when I can and I figure that is better than nothing. tongue.gif

Hey, that's awesome Aimee that you lost 4 pounds just watching what you ate and not working out! thumb.gif I wish I could figure out how to do that. happy.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Feb 8 2006, 08:08 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Way to go Aimee, every little pound helps. Keep on losing, you great loser you. smile.gif cheerleader.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Feb 8 2006, 09:15 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Feb 8 2006, 10:02 AM)
QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Feb 8 2006, 09:58 AM)
Updating the journal with my current weight.  I weighed in at 151 this morning.  I'm glad to be closer to the 140's.  I have lost 14 pounds and have about 16 to go.  I didn't make it to the gym but once this past week, but I was good with my eating.  I didn't want to put too much pressure on myself to go to the gym.  I will go when I can and I figure that is better than nothing.  tongue.gif

Hey, that's awesome Aimee that you lost 4 pounds just watching what you ate and not working out! thumb.gif I wish I could figure out how to do that. happy.gif

I'm not exactly sure if some of that wasn't b/c I was bloated last week. dunno.gif I went from 152 to 155 to 151. wacko.gif So, I don't know what's going on with my body.

PMEmail Poster

Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Feb 28 2006, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I've been trying to stay away from the journal and the scales. I'm doing great without both of them. Better, I'd say. The reason being, is b/c I'm not thinking about it all the time..weight loss, that is. I'm also doing better...losing more weight without going to the gym. I hope to start back when I shed some more weight (to tone). It just gives me an excuse to eat anything I want and that isn't working at all.

As of Friday I"m back down to 148 and fitting in my size 8's comfortably again. I weighed in on Friday b/c that is when AF left the building. emlaugh.gif 3 more pounds and I'm at my pre-preg weight. Maybe I'll be there by Sunday (Ethan's second birthday)

My birthday is April 19. I'd like to lose 13 pounds by then and weigh 135. It's so nice outside right now. It gives me so much more energy. I've been keeping myself busy, too. I've got all my house projects going on as well as some sewing projects. It keeps my mind off the food. rolling_smile.gif

I'm feeling great and so glad to be slimmer. I've lost 17 pounds. I know I can lose 13 more in no time.
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Mar 17 2006, 12:31 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I kept telling myself all week that I'm just going to give up on trying to lose the rest of this weight. I told myself that I look fine just how I am even though I'm not happy at this weight.

Then I up and decide to go to California in 3 mos. ohmy.gif That motivated me to keep trying. I can't NOT lose this last few pounds. I'm sticking to my plan...heading back to the gym for 3 mos hardcore and I'm gonna tone this booty. laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Mar 17 2006, 12:39 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Wow, great determination I hear here. You have already lost some already and you will definitely lose the rest. thumb.gif thumb.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Mar 20 2006, 08:13 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Just as I said, I went back to the gym today. It was hard. sleep.gif I thought I would pass out and I'm so tired now. sad.gif I did 30 mins on the elliptical and I've had 35 oz of water already. Not hard to do when you are working out. tongue.gif

It's not going to be easy getting up the courage, but I'll go back tomorrow. I need to build up my resistance again. I can't believe it's been so long. Man I was doing good. I also need to remember to take my vitamins.

Tomorrow I will try to get in some weights as well and start doing that once a week.
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Mar 25 2006, 05:30 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I've had a great week (apart from getting depressed on Tuesday evening...totally blame that on PMS) tongue.gif

These are some positive changes I've made:

No eating after 8:00
Nothing to drink but water
No excuses...(thanks Karen wink.gif It really works! )
Back to the gym (went 4 days this week, it's pretty good for my first week back)
Making healthy choices and not giving in to my cravings (so so so proud of myself on this one. You don't know how huge this is.)
Smaller portion sizes

I've been exercising AND eating right. Before it was one or the other. I would work my butt off in the gym and think I could eat anything once I got home. blush.gif It didn't work that way. I haven't done that once. I am hungry when I get home from the gym, but I'm finding better things to eat.

I'm weighing myself everyday and I take that number into account. The mistake I was making before was eating what I wanted, getting on the scale the next day and thinking that if I was good the rest of the time I would weigh less by the time I weighed in. I don't know how I got anywhere by doing that. It's just a fluke that I lost weight at all. rolleyes.gif By weighing myself everyday and counting that number, but not recording it as an official weigh in, it gives me a chance to catch weight gain early so I know what I did wrong. So far it's working to my benefit and it's keeping me on track. I've seen the number decrease by one pound everyday this week. That's so encouraging.

I've got a weight loss blog where I keep track of everything I eat, etc. This is helping as well. I frequent there several times a day. laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Mar 25 2006, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

You're on the right track! thumb.gif Good for you.

I've heard several times that what some people do to help them stay on track with cravings, like chocolate, is to buy the fun sizes. That way you don't totally deprive yourself and end up binging, but you don't OD on a king size snickers either. Also, Oprah had a book on the other day called Why The French Don't Get Fat, and one of the tips was the "three bite rule" .... you can have anything you want but if it's something on the less healthy side, it's three bites and thats it. Enough to satisfy the craving.

Don't know if either of those would help you at all, but I know you can do it! hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Mar 26 2006, 11:59 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Thank you for the tips and encouragement...It means so much to me hug.gif

I guess I shouldn't say that I haven't given in to any cravings b/c that isn't entirely true. happy.gif I did have Reese's Pieces a couple of times this week, but I count them out and only allow myself that many. wink.gif It's working. I take smaller bites, take my time eating and really try to acknowledge when my tummy says it's full. I've left something on my plate every night this week.

Sunday is kind of my free day. I dont' go crazy, but if there is something I'm hungry for during the week I'll save it for Sunday. Most of the time I don't want it by then. Today we had tacos. I played it safe, though. tongue.gif I made 2 and could only eat 1.5. It's hard to stay on a diet when Scotty is here b/c he loves to eat fattening foods and watch food network all day. rolling_smile.gif Tonight I will eat something really low fat and snack on fruit.
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jul 29 2006, 02:43 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Just bumping this up. I'm about to start using it again. wacko.gif

Monday I start back on a 'diet'. I've been eating horribly and I feel so sluggish and fatigued. My trips to the gym have been sporadic these past few weeks, so I'm going to get back on my 5-7 day schedule up there. I felt so much better then. I've not gained any weight, but I can tell that my clothes are um, not so loose anymore. sad.gif That is depressing.

Time to do something about it and get back in the game. thumb.gif
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Aug 1 2006, 11:20 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

cheerleader.gif YOU CAN DO IT AMIEE cheerleader.gif

I will give you tons of encouragement and support!

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Sep 27 2006, 05:22 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Okay, I'm in. I started back to the gym on Friday and I'm making changes in my diet starting.....N o w. biggrin.gif

So, here goes. I can do this. I will do this. (trying to have the right attitude here)

I don't know how much I want to lose. It's hard to say, but I want to be thinner. I don't care whether I get there by losing inches or numbers on the scale as long as I get there. biggrin.gif

My plan that worked in the past:

No eating after 8
Drinking only water
No excuses
Controlling portion sizes
Exercising daily

thumb.gif
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Sep 27 2006, 05:27 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

wavey.gif Welcome aboard and back. The more on this journey the better, we can all use the support here. Great to see you and awesome attitude. You will get healthier I know you can do it. cheerleader.gif

Terri

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 [2] 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0178 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]