Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Rocky - Journal for 2006
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 23 2006, 06:33 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

Had some jambalaya for dinner (rice with italian saudage and veggies and spiced, mixed) and I had some cookies around 12am. rolleyes.gif

I made pancakes last night too, to freeze, but the kids wanted some for dinner - they didn't want to wait for the rice. Oh well! laugh.gif

I had one as well, without any syrup.

I'm having coffee right now - I had 2 silces of toast earlier and a few swallows of cranberry juice.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 23 2006, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Awesome, thanks Aimee!

I had a piece of fish for lunch, with tartar sauce, some yellow string beans, some rice, and some salad - with italian dressing.

I also had a small piece of cake...i'm not sure what kind. Didn't tast elike much. rolling_smile.gif

ETA - for dinner, I had some pasta with ground beef, the sauce was mushroom soup mized with tomato soup. It was actually pretty good... funny how things work out when you actually use stuff from your cupboard and make stuff from "scratch" instead of prepackaged... rolling_smile.gif

I haven't snacked yet... but then again, it's not late enough. rolleyes.gif

Actually - I bought some more apples... I will have an apple. Later. It's on the counter, with a knife... and I feel guilty when I think about cookies. emlaugh.gif

This post has been edited by ZEN Mommy on Jan 23 2006, 06:04 PM

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 24 2006, 05:18 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I had a pear instead of the apple. rolleyes.gif

I have not yet had breakfast - I'm having coffee... and I'm going to go to the dining hall to eat breakfast. That way, I'm SURE not to go overboard... rolling_smile.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 24 2006, 05:10 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I had two slices of toast this morning.

I had a small bowl of noodle and veggies soup for lunch, a scoop of mashed potatos, some pork with sauce and pineapple chunks, and some steamed zuchini with red pepper. I had a bun woth no butter to clean off the sauce from my plate... lol I couldn't help it!! emlaugh.gif

For dinner I had 4 breakfast sausages (the small ones) and a small bit of beans and chicken flavored noodles. Including the sausages, I could have fit everything I ate in my cupped hands.

Which, I learned, is the amount of food ytou're supposed to eat at mealtime... your cupped hands' worth.

I'm going to have another fruit as a snack tonight... it was tasty yesterday. Othwise, I have yogurt or applesauce I can have a bit of. I haven't drank my water these last 2 days though, and 2 cups of coffee a day, if not three.... so maybe my weight will be up a bit. dunno.gif

ETA: I ended up having a pear and a clementine around 8:30. Then I gave in and had a serving of crackers... so about 13 crackers... and then Emilie woke up around 9 because she was hungry huh.gif so I gave her those cheddare goldfish... and had a handful or two myself. They looked tasty. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by ZEN Mommy on Jan 25 2006, 05:09 AM

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 25 2006, 07:21 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I had 2 slices of whole wheat toast with pb and strawberry jam, some cranberry juice and some coffee for breakfast.

Lunch, carrot and onion soup, and a hotdog with french fries. I had a small piece of cake too... a thin slice. unsure.gif bu I did have 2 glasses of ice water instead of pop. rolleyes.gif

Dinner was a bowl of mac n cheese with ground beef

I had 8 sesame seed crackers (serving is 8 crackers = 62 cals) as a snack, then an apple.

I drank lots of water today.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 26 2006, 05:20 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I had a 4 ounce glass of milk, a small cup of coffee (about 1/3 my mugs at home... laugh.gif ) and 2 slices of whole wheat toast with pb and strawberry jam.

I had 2 carrot sticks, 2 celery sticks, and 2 slices of cucumber, with some dip, with a small slice of roast porc, some fried beets and onions, and some potatoes boiled in tea. I also had about 4 tablespoons of raspberry yogurt.

Going to pee pink tonight!!! rolling_smile.gif

I had a cup of coffee that I brought with me to my meeting at 2...I just came back.

For dinner: I had one hamburger patty (homemade) smothered in Cream of celeir soup. I'm not that hungry... wierd, huh? lol

Later on tonight I'm making oatmeal apple cookies for the kids, so I'm likely going to have one or two... with milk... and I will probably have something else, maybe some cereal.

This post has been edited by ZEN Mommy on Jan 26 2006, 03:36 PM

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 26 2006, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

Potatoes boiled in tea? huh.gif
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 27 2006, 07:28 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Jan 26 2006, 08:55 PM)
Potatoes boiled in tea? huh.gif

yep - really good. tongue.gif

(take cut up potatoes, boil them like you would normally... but add a teabag. It turns them a yellow/brown color, adds a little taste... it's actually really good. biggrin.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 27 2006, 07:32 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I had 2 toasts with margarine, a 4 ounce glass of cranberry juice, a small coffee, and this morning I was extra hungry since I didn't re-eat last night - so I had about 1/2 cup of Muslix.

I didn'tr get to make the cookies last night... it will have to wait until saturday - today i'm working until 9pm... dry.gif we're doing a bazaar at wrk, and with put up/put down, it's from 8:30 to 5:30.... then at 7, I have to go back to do the monthly birthday party... yeehaw. dry.gif

I put my foot down though... lol I go home to pump when I need to. biggrin.gif Which is what I'm doing right now. tongue.gif

ETA - for lunch, I had some cream of cerely soup, some salad with hardly any italian dressing on it, and about 1/3 plate pasta with spaghetti sauce and melted cheese. Then I had a potato candy, and a 1x1 inch piece of nanaimo bar. I also had a decent glass of 2% milk. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by ZEN Mommy on Jan 27 2006, 09:38 AM

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 28 2006, 09:47 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

For dinner last night, a chicken burgewr and fries from McDees... with a big coke.

unsure.gif

I was in a hurry.... emlaugh.gif

and I had an apple before bed.

For breakfast this morning I had a pb and jelly sandwich, with a 900 something ml bottle of water.

For lunch, a small bowl of rice and barley soup - with a small portion of mashed potatoes (small scoop) some steamed veggies and a small slice of roast pork with gravy.

Then i had a 2x2 piece of nanaimo bar, and a bite of peanut butter fudge. Dang old people and their sweets.... rolling_smile.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 28 2006, 03:30 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Oh I blew dinner... I had four..yep...FOUR!! pieces of pizza. With a Pepsi. unsure.gif

but it was sooo dang good.... rolling_smile.gif

Around 2 I had a little blood sugar drop... I NEEDED sugar...so I had two small packages of those typical hallopween candies... the little chalky ones... dont know the name... lol

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Jan 31 2006, 06:48 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Well, I ate at home ONCE since Friday... unsure.gif

it's just so much EASIER to eat out... less stress, and we can enjoy time with our kids.

Last night, I had a chicken drumstick, mushroom wild rice and some corn. That was my meal at home. laugh.gif

Today, nothing yet, except a coffee... I'm gonna have an apple oatmeal cookie before leaving in a few minutes. biggrin.gif

PS - my scale is still at the same number. biggrin.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Feb 1 2006, 07:19 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I had a nice serving of Spaghetti Bolognaise (basically ground porc instead of ground beef, a couple different spices...) and 2 small biscuits left over from the other day that I made.

DH took the 2 older kids grocery shopping yesterday after picking them up from the sitters, they got the milk, bread, cheese and eggs we were out of, but they also got pepsi and Neopolitan ice cream.

DH is learning though - he brought back 50$ of meat that was on special.... he KNOWS I would have yelled at him if he's bought it regular price. We are trying to pay off debt... we agreed on certain things - he is actually following them, for the most part, I'm proud of him. wub.gif

We're running out of organic meat... we only have ground porc, bacon, a ham and a couple of roasts left... there may be a few packages of chicken somewhere in my freezer, but I have been to lazy to take everything out to check. rolleyes.gif

I totally prefer feeding my kids organic meat... but I'm not anal about it.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Feb 1 2006, 05:38 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I'm such a pig. I had a drumstick of chicken for dinner, with aq big scoop of sidekicks noodles, with some broiled pineapple... then I had SIX slices of toast. Then I had some macaroons.

bawling.gif

seems like when i dont have bread for a couple days i go nuts when i do. bawling.gif

plus i'm stressed about my milk supply - i need to get it up again... and i eat when i'm stressed. blush.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Feb 2 2006, 05:43 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I am sooooooo tired today. I don't know why, I slept from 11pm to 7:30am, Naomie only woke up twice to nurse.

I need to be serious about getting fit. I've been doing so many stairs these lasr 2 weeks, it's un-real. The good thing is, though, that yesterday my legs weren't feeling so much like jello.... so it must be doing them some good... lol

I'm having oatmeal this morning. With some fenugreek cpsules. dry.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Feb 4 2006, 09:54 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I've been bad for food the last few days... Thusrday night I had a sausage plate - it had 3 different type of sausages, a baked potato and cloe slaw... and I had 3 beers. unsure.gif

Then Friday for lunch I had a little bit of boeuf bourgignon, with some mashed potatoes (a small scoup) and some carrots, wit a small piece of mille-feuilles cake. mmmmmm!!

For dinner lat night I had a chicken drumstick, some corn, and some tomato-basil rice. Then I had 4 slices of toast later in the evening... sad.gif and a big 8 ounce glass of chocolate milk.

This morning, dh got me to make eggs and bacon.... so while I was at it, I made pancakes too. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif dang that stuff is soooo good once in a while....

The plus side is I think the excersise is finally paying off - I weighed 193 this morning on the scale. thumb.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Feb 6 2006, 05:36 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Still at 193 this morning... and that was with full boobs. biggrin.gif

I had spaghetti last night, with chunks of beef and carrots mixed into it. And toast. Lots of toast. sleep.gif

Anyways - since I hardly ever eat breakfast, I figured it couldn't hurt to get some slim fast shake stuff for breakfast instead of just having coffee. I got vanilla dna chocolate flavors, I just had the vanilla one - not bad. You're supposed to mix it with 1 cup of milk to make like a shake - but I don't like drinking "thick" stuff, so I added 1 cup of water - it makes it about as "creamy" as 2% milk. I drink skim milk when I do drink milk, so to go from skim milk to just about 2% is like drinking cold margarine. puke.gif but it was alright... went down smoothly. I may add more water next time though. rolleyes.gif

I don't know what's for lunk today - but I know I'm gonna just have a small portion of it, and have salad too. happy.gif

ETA: Lunch was a small piece of chicken breast with mashed potatoes and frozen carrots/peas medley

I had salad with italian dressing, and some yogurt.

Then I had some milk, and some water.

When I got home at 2 something, I had some garlic and cheese, an orange and a slice of bread with nutella. blush.gif I was HUNGRY...but I think I as just compensating for lack of coffee today - I still haven't had one.

Dinner is beans / potatoes stew with porc chops, and water water water!

This post has been edited by ZEN Mommy on Feb 6 2006, 02:12 PM

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Feb 7 2006, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Mmmm the beans/potato stew I made last night was so yummy - I had a second portion of it. After I dset the kids portioms aside, I added some hotness to it... then once it was on our plates, I put grated cheddar chees over it - OMG! Who knew!

so I over ate. emlaugh.gif

AND - to make matters worse... I had a "craving" for something rich in chocolate... I had a few bites of neapolitan ice cram - but it just wasn't the same. DH went out to get some chocolate cheesecake frim Tim's........ droooooool.......... so i ha that (him too) and then had a bowl of salt and vinegar chips, then a bowl of all dressed chips.

OMG. I was complainihg to dh this morning that he should have STOPPED ME. I almost feel nautios this morning from the mix. wacko.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 7 2006, 06:43 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

Ok Rocky, I can't read your journal anymore. You are making me hungry. happy.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Feb 8 2006, 05:15 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I'm so sorry Karen!!! laugh.gif

I had some more all dressed and s&V chips last night.... after we came back from the mcdicks at walmart that is. But I had a chicken burger, so that's a step up at least... I wanted a big mac. tongue.gif

We did walk around walmart for about 1.5 hours though... so I got some walking done, on top of all the stairs I've been doing, so ha!

I've started taking less sugar in my coffee too - so I take 2 teaspoons less in a day. Becuase I usually have about 2 teaspoons in a cip - and have 2 cups (12 ounce mugs really) so I cut it down to half now, down from from 1 1/2 tsp.

I have some leftover cooked drmsticks that I froze a few days ago.. I think that is what will be for dinner, with a rice dish and cooked beets... gonna pee pink tonight!

rolling_smile.gif

and of course, water water water!

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Feb 10 2006, 07:57 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Well, dh went out for dinner last night and left me home with the 3 kids, which of course, were absolute terrors. Dinner was all nicely prepared (chicken again)
and was cooling off for them when they got home - so I make dh a plate and he tells me he's taking 20$ out of our change box (ehich we aren't supposed to be touching at ALL) and going out. growl.gif He COULD have asked me to go along - they're my friends too, and we could have gotten a sitter.

sleep.gif

So I ate his plate - his portion sizes... lol but it as good.

I'm having right now 2 small pancakes (cold from the fridge) with peanut butter and nutella spead on them... I was lazy... and I'm hungrier today - because I had a cup of oatmeal around 8:30.

But I did go to an aquaform class offered here at 9 am every friday - i figuredi might as ewll attend...i'm not working today until 2 - 4 and again from 7-10pm... and besides - I have to give the course starting in June for the summer break. dry.gif I could have stayed for the one given at 10am... but I didn't feel like it. There's one on Tuesdays at 10am too. It's the same woman giving the courses for all 3 - so I'm gonna have to take over all 3 for 3 months this summer. yay. dry.gif

One thing I was happy about this morning is that my weight was at 192.4, so down 0.5 since wednesday. This whole drikning water thing actually works. rolling_smile.gif

On eof my problems is that I really don't like having sweet food late at night... unless I'm craving chocolate - so it's harder for me to have, say, a fruit. I'm more likely to want something crunchy and salty - maybe I should start buying low fat popcorn....

Man - from the time I started this post to rigt now - I finished my food - and now I have the hiccups. GREEEEEEAAAAAT - something I enjoy tremendously. dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif my dh tries to tell me that you can train your body to not get hiccups... because *he* only gets one - then he "stops himself from having more". What a load of....

rolling_smile.gif

Now it's just about 11am - I'm gonna go paint some more in Zach's room... I'm not quite done the green stripes that go around his room, and I'd like to git er done!

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Feb 13 2006, 10:44 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I didn't quite get the paint finished in zach's room. I had a bowl of KD for lunch - Dh came home and made it. happy.gif

I did, though, finish putting up the tape to separate the stripes... and I only have one stripe left on one wall, plus a whole wall of stripes to do....then that's it for the green.

I think I'm going to leave the lilac in between the green stripes... cuz they look grey with the green there. unsure.gif I bought truck decals - I'm going to do those, at some point... emlaugh.gif

The girls' room is still sky blue - I think I'm going to leave it blue - and just paint big fushia daisies on the wall. i don't know. I'm iffy... I just really don't feel like moving all the furniture, you know? It takes too much time... and I don't have long periods of time - I have a couple hour-long breaks... but that's not nearly enough time to get anything productive done. My mom and grandmother are visiting this weekend though - so maybe they can help. smile.gif

I had a piece of sheppard's pie at lunch - with a bread roll and homemade ketchup. I had a small bowl of noodle soup too.

I just had a handful of goldfish crackers, and am having a PC Cola.

I've started counting calories - and I wasn't too far from what I should be eating. In order to maintain body weight - I should be eating about 2700 calories... and since it takes 3500 cals to lose one pound of fat, I need to reduce my daily intake of calories by 1000, in order to lose 2 pounds a week. So - my daily goal for calories should be about 1700. I was averaging in the last week at about 2100 calories, give or take 100....

I started counting calories last week. Wednesday, I think... anyways - it's really showing me all the junk I can easily eliminate. Like today - I usually have 2 pats of butter for the roll (its a big roll) but today I used only one... that's like 50 calories... lol

Anyways - it seems to be helping. I'm just keeping track now - and I'm going to slice at my "journal" to track exactly how many calories I eat every day. Wish me luck... I'm getting serious about this.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Feb 14 2006, 05:42 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Yesterday I ate:

Sheppards pie (400) with a bread rool (140) and margarine (50), with soup (98), a small piece of cheesecake (250) a coffee (10) and a pc cola (160). I also had a handful of crackers (50), and for dinner 2 grilled cheese sandwiches (537)

So I had 3 calories to spare last night. Ha!

(the numbers in the () are the amount of calories in the foods I ate... lol)

Hopeflly today will go as well.

Oh yeah - and I'm going to eliminate the bread and margarine (140 +50) and the cheesecake (250) so today's food shold be a little better for me - I can eat more healthier stuff.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Feb 14 2006, 06:39 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 101

Great outlook and work Rocky, you are well on your way to a healthier you. thumb.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Feb 16 2006, 06:44 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

ooooh yesterday was awful.

DH stayed home sick.... and was a butthead ALL day about food.

We'd forgotten, for some reason, Zach's scarf and mittens on the tble this morning - so dh went to go bring them at lunchtime, since they wre only going outside after lunch. He brought back Whoppers from Burger King.

ohmy.gif

Of course, I had to have it, tongue.gif

So that was my breakfast/lunch, with the fries and coke, and my dinner was a small bowl of raisin bran, and later on some chips.

ohmy.gif

oh well.... today is another day. I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought a bunch of fresh stuff...we don't usually get so much, but alll the prices hd been chpped... so why not! Saturday, we're going to have fajitas while my mom and grandmother are here - we got a fajita grill for our wedding and never got to use it yet... so i bought all the stuff we'll need for that.

I also bought a ton of fresh fruit... cuz the last time my outlaws were over, we had chocolate fondue with fruit - and my mom complained that we never make it when she's down... rolleyes.gif so now we are. Knowing her, she'll be on a diet and won't want any anyways. rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 [2] 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0123 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]