Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (32) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Booey's New Lifestyle Changes, Journal
booey2
  Posted: Jan 18 2006, 08:32 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 101

**WARNING BIG VENT**

Okay well yesterday was going good (I won't say great) til I got home and then it was awful. We got a note home from Thomas's teacher telling us to work more with him. Well he just turned 4 in November and she doesn't understand that some children are ready way before others to go to school and I think if I had my time back I would seriously consider holding him back til he was 4 and half not 3 and a half. He just is now getting used to sitting down and working on school work. The teacher asked him to write down on the paper some letters or numbers she has written on the board and instead he traced his hand and coloured on the paper. So I sat with him last night, after a screaming tantrum and DH trying to help (NOT) so dinner was late, Matthew came home 1 hour after us (playing at the sitters) and refused to do his homework, another tantrum and drama. I was in no mood to eat dinner or exercise. I did manage to get in some tuna sandwiches instead of what I made for dinner. DH can be such a blankity blank blank when it comes to the kids. He expects me to make his dinner, help Thomas with his homework, clean up the kitchen and get Matthew home all at the same time. I know I am good - just not that good. So I had my sandwiches and went to bed after that.

Today is much better - except for a lazy boy who wouldn't get out of bed if you paid him. I can't wait for spring and sunny mornings. I brought my breakfast to work - porridge with fruit, yougurt and some splenda, yummy.

Lunch is salad with leftover porkchop, a banana, carrot sticks and ff dip, I also brought in some 1 bite brownies and pringles ketchup chips if the snack monster should appear, I also have some smart pop-popcorn.

Supper may be take out of somekind because the boys have swimming tonight at 6:15 and 6:30 pm. Last week it was pizza and wings, not sure what hubby will want but after last night it is his choice cus I am not fighting with him no more.

Off to drink my water and wait to eat my delish lunch. Have a great day, I will check back later. Thanks for reading this far if you did, here are some cyber brownies for you. {B} {B} And thanks for all your previous support posts.

Edited to add the popcorn.

This post has been edited by booey2 on Jan 18 2006, 08:41 AM

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 18 2006, 08:56 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

hug.gif Terri. I hate evenings like that! Sometimes they motivate me more to exercise and sometimes I'm just too exhausted to even try. Here's hoping you have a better evening tonight. thumb.gif

Yum, that brownie was good! biggrin.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 18 2006, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (boogabearzmom @ Jan 18 2006, 11:56 AM)
hug.gif Terri. I hate evenings like that! Sometimes they motivate me more to exercise and sometimes I'm just too exhausted to even try. Here's hoping you have a better evening tonight. thumb.gif

Yum, that brownie was good! biggrin.gif

Thanks Karen, glad u enjoyed the brownie, they are calorie and fat free when had thru cyber space. rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN

Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 18 2006, 11:29 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

Terri you are doing a great job! thumb.gif I've been reading thru your journal and you are such an inspiration.
\
I have to keep in mind when I'm having a bad day, if I make a GOOD choice it improves my day so quickly. If I make a BAD choice it makes my day so much worse. When you are in a slump, make good choices no matter how hard it seems at the time and it will lift your spirits. wink.gif hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 18 2006, 11:30 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Jan 18 2006, 02:29 PM)
Terri you are doing a great job! thumb.gif I've been reading thru your journal and you are such an inspiration.
\
I have to keep in mind when I'm having a bad day, if I make a GOOD choice it improves my day so quickly. If I make a BAD choice it makes my day so much worse. When you are in a slump, make good choices no matter how hard it seems at the time and it will lift your spirits. wink.gif hug.gif

Thanks Aimee. blush.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
booey2
Posted: Jan 19 2006, 06:07 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Okay so food choices yesterday weren't so good, we did have pizza and wings last night after swimming. Today is a fresh new day. I acutally got up early enough to get in my first mile in 12 minutes and I will try and get another one in tonight or I may try a new Richard Simmons DVD I picked up at Shoppers Drugmart for 9.99, I think it is similiar to his old vidoes but with new people and re-jazzed music.

This morning for breakfast I had:

Oatmeal, yogurt, frozen fruit and some splenda
Coffe with milk and splenda

Lunch I am not sure I am going to have to buy it because I really didn't want another salad.

Dinner I am not sure at all I will find something tonight.
I will be drinking all my water today, I am going to fill it up shortly.

Have a great day you bunch of losers.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 19 2006, 07:10 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

cheerleader.gif WTG.

Oh and I also hate evenings like that, totaly takes my modivation away.

You can do it sounds like this moring was a good one so far. I hoep we are all BIG losers next week.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jan 23 2006, 10:24 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

******SORRY ANOTHER VENT*********AND WHINE**********

sad.gif mad.gif sad.gif Okay, I do not know how or where to start... This past week has been absolutely awful for me. This past weekend I felt so drained and exhausted, I felt like I had nothing left to give to anyone last night. The boys were just a PITA and DH really didn't help me that much and everything he did seemed to hinder what I was trying to do. I think this might just be all PMS related, come on AF get here so I can get on with my life. I really don't want to exercise either, I am just feeling really blah. I am sorry, I am usually one to keep everyone up and right now I am feeling so down. I think just writing this down has helpped me recognize it and move on. I just wish Thomas would stop throwing his tantrums and act like a normal 4 year old, right now he acts about 2 when he doesn't get his own way and that doesn't help me. This has turned into another vent, and I needed to get it out.

Okay ladies, keep up the great work you are doing, I will be there with you soon.

This post has been edited by booey2 on Jan 23 2006, 10:49 AM

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 23 2006, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

hug.gif Terri. Even YOU deserve to be down and not be expected to be there for everyone else. hug.gif We all have those days...some of us MORE blush.gif than others. blush.gif blush.gif

You know I don't know how any of us do it during AF. That's the worst time for me, I totally dread it. We aren't saints and can't be expected to be on "top of our game" all the time. So give yourself a break. hug.gif

I sure hope today and the days to come get better for you. hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 23 2006, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Thanks Karen, I needed those hugs. Things are starting to get better and I am slowly starting to see the light.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
3_call_me_mama
Posted: Jan 23 2006, 06:40 PM
Quote Post

Waiting for sun!

Member No.: 254

GO TERRI GO!!! despite tehdown days you truly are keepin gyourself in check. Sorry you are having a few rough spots, but hang in tehre. And just wanted to let you know i don't always post but i read your log daily as i try to remind myself that there are people out ther that fall out of step but pick it back up, and that there are normal peopel with normal lives that have a healthy lifestyle in mind and that it may be taking them (as well as me) what seems liek forever to get int all in order, but they arent' giving up so neither should i smile.gif GO GIRL!! And i'll let ya knwo when my gazelle arrives and maybe we can kind of challenge each other and get some progress going smile.gif HUGS hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
booey2
  Posted: Jan 24 2006, 05:59 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Thanks Carrie, I don't do well with challenges but would love the added motivation when yours arrives.

Today is a much better day other than I think my co-workers have shared thier sicknesses with us. I had to stop a Shopper's Drugmart and pick-up some kleenex, throat lozenges and eyedrops. I am eating my breakfast of ff/sf plain yougurt and frozen fruit with oatmeal.

Lunch I have soup, either chicken noodle or tommatoe, with a roastbeef sandwich, banana,

Supper not sure yet.

Thanks for all your encouragement. I am going to try and get on the gazelle tonight once I get the kids settled. Have a great day, off to finish my breakfast and fill up my water bottle.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
3_call_me_mama
Posted: Jan 24 2006, 06:14 AM
Quote Post

Waiting for sun!

I guess challenge wasn't the right word.. motivation was a better choice. I was thinking kind of like we each try ot get on at least once during the day and then share later what we did how we felt after and out plan for next time.. motivation but together.... sound good? smile.gif

Hope you are feeling better and the sickies go away!!

--------------------
user posted image
booey2
Posted: Jan 24 2006, 06:49 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (cam&kat's_mom @ Jan 24 2006, 09:14 AM)
I guess challenge wasn't the right word.. motivation was a better choice. I was thinking kind of like we each try ot get on at least once during the day and then share later what we did how we felt after and out plan for next time.. motivation but together.... sound good? smile.gif

Hope you are feeling better and the sickies go away!!

Thanks Carrie, that sounds great. I just wish my co-workers would have stayed home for at least 1 or 2 days til the worst of it was over then we wouldn't all be getting sick. It doesn't help that right now there are 9 of us in one open area during our office renovation at least 1 of my co-workers stayed home today, he caught it from the other guys too.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN

coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 24 2006, 06:57 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

((HUGS)) Terri. I'm battling the sickness too. wacko.gif

Sounds like you have a good meal plan for the day and motivation to work out tonight. You CAN DO IT! cheerleader.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 24 2006, 08:58 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Oh Terri. hug.gif I'm so sorry you have been down. sad.gif Like Karen said, I don't know how any of us survive all the hormonal challenges that come our way. Please do give yourself a break. hug.gif You are already back on track planning out your meals, etc.

You can do this. Just keep talking yourself thru it, hun. hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
booey2
  Posted: Jan 24 2006, 09:02 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Thanks Aimee, slowly but surely I will get there. I am already feeling better today, just had a real low point this weekend.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 24 2006, 09:44 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I'm glad you are feeling better. hug.gif Sometimes it seems like the harder we try the more everyone else is working against us. sleep.gif It is in those moments when I really want to call it quits and stuff my face full of pizza. blush.gif And there are times when I've done just that, but it only makes me feel worse and nobody is worth that. I just have to walk away and cool off for a minute and remind myself that my DH and kids deserve a healthier, happier me and the only way I can do that is by taking care of myself. I often remind my family of this when they are being so difficult. Being sick on top of all of that is another story. sad.gif I hope you kick the sickies soon.
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Feb 8 2006, 08:05 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Okay, well it has been a little over 2 weeks since I had the want to post here again. I am slowly making some changes and have kicked the sickies to the curb. I have gotten back up on my gazelle and have a new challenge for me, as my ticker says, I am going to gazelle my way to our cottage in the Haliburton Highlands and see if I can make it there and back before we actually go on holiday in July. I am also taking small steps to change my eating habits again, trying to revert back to the CORE way of eating and thinking. I will try and be here more and bring back my positive self and push the old negative me away as far as I can. Thanks for all your encouragement, I can see the end of this long dark tunnel.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 8 2006, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

hug.gif Terri. YOU CAN DO THIS!! cheerleader.gif Just take it one day at a time.

I saw your new ticker challenge yesterday, HOW COOL! thumb.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Feb 8 2006, 09:41 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Thanks Karen I needed something different to help keep me motivated to get back on the gazelle and in turn hopefully lose some pounds and inches.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
3_call_me_mama
Posted: Feb 8 2006, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

Waiting for sun!

Motivation id key Terri! You can do this. Keep up the positive thoughts and you'll make it to that cottage and back!!
I'm doing teh gazelle too But I'm jsu ttrying to get used to it still. Doing about 1.5 miles a day and trying to just get into teh habit of gettin gon it and making myself go. I find that music works great cause you kind of forget you're on there.

--------------------
user posted image
booey2
Posted: Feb 8 2006, 10:44 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (cam&kat's_mom @ Feb 8 2006, 01:28 PM)
Motivation id key Terri! You can do this. Keep up the positive thoughts and you'll make it to that cottage and back!!
I'm doing teh gazelle too But I'm jsu ttrying to get used to it still. Doing about 1.5 miles a day and trying to just get into teh habit of gettin gon it and making myself go. I find that music works great cause you kind of forget you're on there.

Thanks, totally agree about the music, I put on my MP3 player and don't hear anything that is going on so I can get my groove on. wink.gif

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
booey2
Posted: Feb 9 2006, 05:27 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Okay, I just did anothe mile and a half. I am slowly making my way back to being my old self. Today I had a really good lunch of seasoned diced tomatoes and couscous. I just added the couscous to the tomatoes before I went to work and warmed it up at work and it was yummy. Now I have to work on the rest of the food I am eating and stop all the junk so it stops putting more junk on my trunk. My system is starting to react to the exercise and I am feeling better as the days go by. Still taking small baby steps and will do my best til I am back fully. Drank all my water today and want more, gonna get me a cup soon.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN
booey2
Posted: Feb 10 2006, 10:17 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Okay today I skipped, yes skipped breakfast. So for lunch I had a club house and fries. Boy am I gonna have to work out tonight. I am meeting some internet friends for the first time tommorow at a local restaurant. They are from my WW board, we were gonna meet before and it never happened so we have a lunch date set for 11am. I am excited but nervous. Oh well, I accepted the invite can't back out now. Gonna run now, check back later.

--------------------
Terri

PMEmail PosterMSN

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (32) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0222 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]