Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Fibromyalgia? Anyone else have it?
Kirstenmumof3
  Posted: Feb 27 2009, 08:12 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

sleep.gif My fibromyalgia has gotten worse. It's getting to the point, where I just want to stay in bed all day and have trouble walking up and down stairs. It gets really bad when the weather changes and it affects my legs, arms, shoulders and lower back (were I injured it from falling down the stairs so many times.) Does anyone know of a good website for fibromyalgia? I looked at one site about foods to avoid, and I am thinking of getting a book. But I don't want the book just to be about recipes and foods I can and cannot eat. I want a book that has all of this and more information about it. I was diagnosed 11 years ago and it's getting progressively worse each year.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
luvmykids
Posted: Feb 27 2009, 08:15 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,038

I don't, but my MIL and grandmother do. They've both done quite a few steroid treatments, where they get injections at certain sites and both say it helps some but wears off quickly. My MIL is on a new medication, I have no clue what it is or does but I'll see if I can get some names of books or sites.
PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Feb 27 2009, 08:25 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

QUOTE (luvmykids @ Feb 27 2009, 11:15 AM)
I don't, but my MIL and grandmother do. They've both done quite a few steroid treatments, where they get injections at certain sites and both say it helps some but wears off quickly. My MIL is on a new medication, I have no clue what it is or does but I'll see if I can get some names of books or sites.

thumb.gif Thanks that would be great!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

boyohboyohboy
Posted: Feb 27 2009, 09:12 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

I hate to say but my mom has had this for her entire life..
the only thing that helped her was moving to a very dry no humidity climate.
she is now able to ride a bike 10 miles a day.and she is very active..being active helps her also..she has lost a lot of weight too..all these things seem to keep the symptoms at bay..she only eats raw foods...no meat. no caffeine..no alcohol.
its a very strict diet..and lifestyle..or else she is unable to do anything..
she is also on antidepressants and some other meds that she has to take daily..
I hope that helps some.

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
momofone
Posted: Feb 27 2009, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

Be Kind

Member No.: 11,030

Thought this would help

Fibromyalgia Treatment of Food Allergies
While there has been little information available from the scientific community regarding the specific effects of foods for fibromyalgia patients, diet and nutrition changes are among the most highly recommended treatments for fibromyalgia. Different fibromyalgia patients have different food sensitivities and allergies. For example, some are allergic to dairy, wheat and corn, while others are not. Keeping a food diary and paying close attention to which foods seem to provoke the onset of fibromylagia symptoms is recommended.

Other foods that are associated with fibromyalgia symptoms such as muscle pain include the following:

highly acidic foods
foods in the nightshade family such as tomatoes
potatoes
eggplant
peppers
red meat
cow milk products
wheat products
sugar
In addition, it is recommended that coffee, chocolate, soda and alcohol be completely eliminated form the diet.

This post has been edited by momofone on Feb 27 2009, 09:21 AM
PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Feb 27 2009, 01:40 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

QUOTE (boyohboyohboy @ Feb 27 2009, 12:12 PM)
she is now able to ride a bike 10 miles a day.and she is very active..being active helps her also..she has lost a lot of weight too..all these things seem to keep the symptoms at bay..she only eats raw foods...no meat. no caffeine..no alcohol.
I hope that helps some.

thumb.gif Thanks that definately helps! I'm glad that your mom is able to lead an active lifestyle. Maybe I should invest in a mountain bike this summer.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Feb 27 2009, 01:41 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

QUOTE (momofone @ Feb 27 2009, 12:20 PM)
Thought this would help

Fibromyalgia Treatment of Food Allergies
While there has been little information available from the scientific community regarding the specific effects of foods for fibromyalgia patients, diet and nutrition changes are among the most highly recommended treatments for fibromyalgia. Different fibromyalgia patients have different food sensitivities and allergies. For example, some are allergic to dairy, wheat and corn, while others are not. Keeping a food diary and paying close attention to which foods seem to provoke the onset of fibromylagia symptoms is recommended.

Other foods that are associated with fibromyalgia symptoms such as muscle pain include the following:

highly acidic foods
foods in the nightshade family such as tomatoes
potatoes
eggplant
peppers
red meat
cow milk products
wheat products
sugar
In addition, it is recommended that coffee, chocolate, soda and alcohol be completely eliminated form the diet.

ohmy.gif No tomatoes! But I love tomatoes! laugh.gif Thanks for the info, I'm glad you mentioned keeping a food diary, that's something I thought of doing, but never got around to starting it. I know my caffeine intake is bad, I eat a lot of chocolate, drink tea and diet coke.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Feb 27 2009, 02:09 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

QUOTE (Kirstenmumof3 @ Feb 27 2009, 04:40 PM)
QUOTE (boyohboyohboy @ Feb 27 2009, 12:12 PM)
I hope that helps some.

thumb.gif Thanks that definately helps! I'm glad that your mom is able to lead an active lifestyle. Maybe I should invest in a mountain bike this summer.

I will also say I agree with the diet and the diet diary..my mother can have no tomatoes or caffiene at all..nothing with white flour or white sugar..
good luck

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
momofone
Posted: Feb 27 2009, 03:40 PM
Quote Post

Be Kind

Member No.: 11,030

Well, who did my makeup today actually said to me she's drinking a ton of diet soda and is suffering from migraines. There are reports of migraines and fibromyalgia and certain illnesses disappearing when people go off diet sodas.

I copied the above from a medical web site hope it helps.
PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Feb 27 2009, 06:13 PM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

QUOTE (momofone @ Feb 27 2009, 06:40 PM)
Well, who did my makeup today actually said to me she's drinking a ton of diet soda and is suffering from migraines. There are reports of migraines and fibromyalgia and certain illnesses disappearing when people go off diet sodas.

I copied the above from a medical web site hope it helps.

I've always known that diet sodas, even products with aspertaime in them are bad for you. I won't buy any kind of diet yogurt and yet I buy diet soda! Definately time for me to really record what I'm eating, drinking and then make an appointment to see my family doctor, maybe a referal to the dietition would be a good idea.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0113 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]