Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Leapster for almost 3 year old?
mummy2girls
Posted: Jul 12 2011, 05:19 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 156

We were thinking of getting breanna a leapster 2 or explore for Christmas. She will be almost 3 at that time. Is there really any games for that age group for the leapster? She tries to take the day home kids leapster if they bring it here .....

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Jul 13 2011, 05:09 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

I can't remember when the girls got theirs, but I know whenever we got Megan's she was too young for it. I guess you can try it and see how it goes. Has she played with the one other kids bring? Let her play with it for awhile and see how she does with it, maybe?

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Jul 13 2011, 06:49 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

We got Al a leapster when she was 3 1/2 and it seemed OK, she just turned 5 now and is finally able to get more out of it, but I think she will outgrow it soon.
PM

Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jul 13 2011, 11:29 AM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,459

Thomas had just turned 3 when he got his and he did fine. He had played with his cousin's before. I love that all the games are educational...I say go for it! I much rather buy kids toys that they can grow into, get more use of them!

--------------------
Naomi, Wife to Tim & Mommy to Thomas (7) and Andrew (2)
user posted image
PM
mummy2girls
Posted: Jul 14 2011, 04:26 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Jul 13 2011, 08:09 AM)
I can't remember when the girls got theirs, but I know whenever we got Megan's she was too young for it. I guess you can try it and see how it goes. Has she played with the one other kids bring? Let her play with it for awhile and see how she does with it, maybe?

yes she can play it and will play with jenna leapster( the first one that ever came out) I would just give her Jennas as jenna has outgrew it BUT its very old and is almost not playable. Breanna does play with my ipad. I put some toddler based apps on it and she can manuver the games and she does better with the ipad then the 5 year old in my care. Its scarey how good she is so im thinking the leapster will be finbe for her.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Jul 14 2011, 04:44 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

If she can do the controls, then I say go for it. thumb.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Jul 14 2011, 05:16 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

Also wanted to mention that you should go to the leapfrog website. They are having a shipping special right now, and you can find all of the games/systems there. It's shop dot leapfrog dot com.
Have you looked at the LeapPad? It's like an iPad but for kids.... looks VERY cool!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Jul 23 2011, 08:03 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

Aiden got one for Christmas this last year. He was just over 3.5. It took him awhile, but he finally got the hang of it after a few uses. With more practice, the better he gets and understands. To me, it's not so much about the age (within reason, obviously), but if she is interested in it. If she is interested in it and you give her enough opportunities to use it, she'll master it after awhile. We finally decided to get Aiden one because he wanted a 'DS' like his brother. Well, a Nintendo DS was out of the question, so we got the Leasper Explorer. Even if she doesn't do well right away, she will soon enough if the interest is there.

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0179 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]