Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Saw a personal trainer this morning....
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: May 10 2006, 08:58 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

I'm so glad I took the time to do a body age assessment and speak with her a little while. It really helped me to understand more about my body and fitness in general. She told me I was on the right track, but since I've hit that plateau she gave me some things to consider that will push me right through it.

My body age is 27. I'm 29. My fitness goals will put me at a body age of 18 once I meet them. biggrin.gif She said I'm the most flexible person she has assessed so far...it was off the charts. laugh.gif My strength is good and my body fat percentage is good. I got my target heart rate so once I get my monitor I will know what zones I am in, etc. All this will do is give me a more effective workout. We also talked a bit about nutrition. Overall she said I'm very healthy and fit and I'm doing all the right things. thumb.gif

She said I should be able to meet my goals in 10 weeks. I will have another assessment in 12 weeks. I'm looking forward to that. I can't wait to see how much I've improved by then.

PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: May 10 2006, 09:12 AM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Member No.: 2,459

Sounds like you know what you're doing Aimee! I so wish I could get excited about excercise like you do!

--------------------
Naomi, Wife to Tim & Mommy to Thomas (7) and Andrew (2)
user posted image
PM
gr33n3y3z
Posted: May 10 2006, 09:13 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

very good I'm glad you looked into that
Keep up the good work smile.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN

Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: May 10 2006, 09:33 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (Our Lil' Family @ May 10 2006, 11:12 AM)
Sounds like you know what you're doing Aimee! I so wish I could get excited about excercise like you do!

You can do it, Naomi. I was the most inactive person out there. I'm sure of it. I didn't play sports in school and I was really clueless entering in to all this. It took awhile to get where I'm at, but I've only been working out for 9 months and I've come so far. I'm way past the point of having to make myself go to the gym everyday. I actually look forward to my workouts every morning. It's always a challenge no matter what I try to do and I love a challenge. emlaugh.gif Right now I'm just stepping into everything new, kwim? It's a new facility, new faces, new classes, new machines, etc. It's a lot of fun. My workout partner called me early this morning to let me know she wouldn't be there, but she still wanted to encourage and motivate me. I'm so glad I have her. She's awesome. She was a fitness instructor for 21 years and she is very encouraging.

You have to start somewhere. Everyone does. wink.gif Hurry up and move down here. laugh.gif We could work out together. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
b&bsmom
Posted: May 10 2006, 09:40 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,757

I wish I could find the time to do regular workouts. I try to fit things in here and there. I would love to go to a personal trainer just to get assesed ( which would be embarrising) and get a workout routine so when I do have time I can do it on my own. I am so happy for you it sounds like it is going very well for you. Keep up the good work. biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image]user posted image user posted image
Stacy wife to Jim and mom to Brittany 6/24/99 and Bryce 9/9/02

I've been hit Snowball fight 2006
PMEmail PosterAOL
luvmykids
Posted: May 10 2006, 10:58 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ May 10 2006, 10:58 AM)
My body age is 27. I'm 29. My fitness goals will put me at a body age of 18 once I meet them. biggrin.gif

Where do I sign up? laugh.gif

That is awesome Aimee, your excitement really does make me think of getting my tail to a gym too. Doesn't mean I'll do it, but to even consider it is big for me!

You're doing so great, you must be very proud of yourself, and should be! thumb.gif
PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: May 10 2006, 11:59 AM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Member No.: 2,459

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ May 10 2006, 12:33 PM)
You have to start somewhere. Everyone does. wink.gif Hurry up and move down here. laugh.gif We could work out together. biggrin.gif

I wish we could move tomorrow!
Alright....I'm going to the gym tomorrow!

--------------------
Naomi, Wife to Tim & Mommy to Thomas (7) and Andrew (2)
user posted image
PM
mom2tripp
Posted: May 10 2006, 12:11 PM
Quote Post

My little man

Member No.: 1,846

thumb.gif Aimee that sounds awesome keep up the great work and let us know how much you improve thumb.gif

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: May 11 2006, 05:50 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Sounds great Aimee. thumb.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: May 11 2006, 06:44 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

That is awesome Aimee! Sounds like you were already doing a lot of things right.

I learned a lot from our trainer too, even though he didn't go into as much detail as the trainer you met with. I think the target heartrate is key... I feel so much better when I work out now. I used to get so light headed and feel bad afterwards, but after meeting with the trainer, I get that "work-out high" that everyone was talking about.

I just want to say thank you to you and some of the others here that motivated me to start working out. You've really changed my outlook and gave me that extra push I needed. hug.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: May 11 2006, 11:06 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ May 11 2006, 08:44 AM)
I just want to say thank you to you and some of the others here that motivated me to start working out. You've really changed my outlook and gave me that extra push I needed. hug.gif

Awwww you're so sweet. hug.gif wub.gif I'm glad you are enjoying it. thumb.gif The heart rate is a bit tricky...either that or I have trouble understanding it. emlaugh.gif Did you get a heart rate monitor? They are really pushing me to do this. Which I don't mind getting one...I just don't really know what I need.
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: May 11 2006, 08:26 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ May 11 2006, 03:06 PM)

The heart rate is a bit tricky...either that or I have trouble understanding it.  emlaugh.gif  Did you get a heart rate monitor?  They are really pushing me to do this.  Which I don't mind getting one...I just don't really know what I need.

All of the machines that we use have the heartrate monitor so I don't have to get one separately. Plus, you can calculate your pulse and go by your pulse rate. Just take your pulse and for 10 minutes and multiply by 6. I prefer to use the monitors because they are more accurate and I don't have to figure anything out. wink.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0096 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]