Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (9) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Aimee's 2007 Get fit 'n healthy journal
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 01:00 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

Thank you, Terri. I really wasn't sure about potatoes. I don't want to go without completely, but I don't want anything to set me off course, kwim? Or find out later that, oh, yeah...you shouldn't have been eating xyz...that's why you aren't losing or building muscle.

I woke up feeling great again. My skin looks so healthy and clear. My eyes weren't puffy when I woke up (for the first time in a long time.) I just feel really really good. I'm on top of the world and have so much energy right now.

It's my day off from the gym and I want to sneak up there so badly it's not even funny. laugh.gif

This morning I met some of my friends for coffee and bagels- at another friend's house. Except I had hot tea, 1/2 of this egg pancake with oats that my friend makes and a little piece of a bagel. Hey, I wanted it and didn't want to deprive myself. tongue.gif I snacked on grapes all morning, too. happy.gif

I haven't had a formal lunch, but I will probably eat an early dinner. wink.gif Since I'm not getting any exercise in today I don't want to overdo the eating. wacko.gif

I now need a plan for dinner. I've got to get up to the store anyway so I may pick something up there, like turkey. yummy.gif
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 01:02 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 101

Sounds great Aimee, you can do it. Enjoy your dinner. smile.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

One gallon of water today

For Dinner:

Rotisserie Turkey
Broccoli
Roasted sweet potatoes (cut in wedges)
Yogurt for dessert

For snacks I had a piece of string cheese and some mini rice cakes. I'm running out of snacky foods so I had to go to the store this afternoon to get some fruit and stuff. smile.gif

PMEmail Poster

Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Member No.: 2,459

Way to go Aimee!

Do you eat the skin of your sweet potatoes? Thanks for the ideas...I'm going shopping tomorrow!

--------------------
Naomi, Wife to Tim & Mommy to Thomas (7) and Andrew (2)
user posted image
PM
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 10 2007, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

You can cook them with the skins when you roast them, but I didn't this time. wink.gif

I haven't had any junk food in a week. thumb.gif I can't even describe to you what a difference this has made. I used to be hungry ALL the time. I was the biggest junk food junky. I never could get enough to eat and I craved the worst foods you could put in your mouth. blush.gif Tonight when I fixed my plate, I weighed the turkey...it was 4 oz of turkey breast. I put 1 cup of broccoli on my plate and a few of those potato wedges (equaled to about 1/2 of a sweet potato). I could only eat 2 oz of turkey after eating all my broccoli first and 3 of those potato wedges. ohmy.gif So, most of my food was left on my plate b/c it filled me up so fast. I then had some fat free yogurt. This, after not eating a lunch. Normally I would have been ravenous, stuffing my face with everything in sight.

I drank a gallon of water today and haven't stopped peeing. emlaugh.gif I think the water helps keep me full as well.

I am ovulating right now. Usually when I ovulate it's far worse than when AF is here. I crave things like mad and feel horrible (probably from eating so badly). I haven't had any cravings at all and I'm still feeling really good. I don't want anything unhealthy to eat...it's so strange. One of my secrets is not watching TV. You know they have those food commercials and you see it and all of a sudden you want what's on there? Well, I avoid television (which isn't hard b/c I'm so busy.) tongue.gif

When you go to the store tomorrow just remember to shop for food that is as close to the way nature intended as possible. Fresh vegetables and fruit. Fresh fish, chicken, turkey. Beef is okay in small amounts and it should be very lean. Stay away from processed and boxed foods. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
booey2
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 05:54 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

Good morning and great job Aimee, gotta love it when you are satisfied with less than you planned for. Keep it up. thumb.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 06:27 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Sounds like your meals are making a success. Keep it up. You will be at your goal in no time. thumb.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 06:29 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

thumb.gif wow amiee your deffinalty on the right track. Kepp up the great work thumb.gif

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 09:02 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Thanks you guys...you are SO encouraging!! wub.gif

Woke up feeling AWE-SOME!!!! partydance.gif I practically leapt out of bed. laugh.gif

I actually took a bath, shaved (pits and legs), washed dried and straightened my hair and put on a tiny bit of makeup to look alive. Before you say..."put makeup on for the gym??" huh.gif I don't wear a lot of makeup to begin with, but I felt like being pretty this morning. happy.gif

So, I went to the gym and did my one hour strong class. It was PACKED in there. blink.gif Fortunately Lisa sets me up every class so I had a spot. biggrin.gif I squated 30 pounds today. I lunged 25. I can't remember what I did for the small muscles, but I want to say 20, and 30 on some, but the 30 was too much and I couldn't finish my reps. I hate when that happens, but Lisa assured me that by doing this it is making my muscles grow. Tough class today. But I can tell I'm getting stronger. It was easier in a lot of spots and that's why I added more weight. I skipped cardio b/c I really didn't have time (Ethan can only be in the daycare for 2 hours) and I talked to Shak after class. tongue.gif

Tomorrow is Core, with Shak. She's already warned me that it will be tough. Even she was sore after training with these exercises she is giving us to do tomorrow. I'm excited for the challenge and I'm always up for something different. wink.gif

Food:

Breakfast:
Only one apple...I need to work on that

Snack: (after the gym)
banana

Lunch:
Small salad (lettuce, 3/4 oz cheese, 1/4 avocado, 2 tbsp fat free/low calorie balsamic vinaigrette) That dressing is YUMMY, too...but high in sodium so I need to be sure and drink tons of water.

4 oz leftover turkey breast
leftover sweet potato wedges

One cup green tea w/Jasmine (hot tea)
water, water, water

I've got so much stinkin energy today. I may go back to the gym this afternoon to do some cardio. happy.gif

This post has been edited by Maddie&EthansMom on Jan 11 2007, 09:03 AM
PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Oh my gosh if you work out twice in one day I might vomit! emlaugh.gif

Great job Aimee....I can't wait to wake up feeling that good!!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 09:44 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

rolling_smile.gif

I forgot Maddie has a basketball game tonight so I won't be working out tonight, but there are many days when I've worked out twice. I like to get in 2 hours a day. happy.gif

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 11:11 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

WTG Amiee. Oh if you have extra energy I coudl use some in the evenings, so much I want to do at home and never the time or energy.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 04:04 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Di, I never have any energy in the evenings, either! tongue.gif

Maddie's game was cancelled...thank goodness. *whew*

Snacks: 1/2 orange, low fat crackers.

Not so good dinner, but I'm okay with it. happy.gif It's cold here and I wanted something comforting. biggrin.gif

I made a low fat version of Chicken N Dumplings. yummy.gif It was very good. I ate a cup (or so blush.gif )

I will have some yogurt in about an hour. I've been drinking my water. thumb.gif

G'night you guys! wavey.gif

PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 04:13 PM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Good Job Aimee!!!!

--------------------
user posted image
PM

Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 04:49 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Thanks for your support Naomi wub.gif hug.gif

My friend just called...she ordered the bridesmaid dress. She had to order it TODAY so it could arrive by April 5th!!! The wedding is April 21st!! I can't believe it's going to take so long! ohmy.gif

That dress was tight...the pressure's on. I've got to lose some inches!

You would think this is MY wedding. laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 08:03 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

You'll get there Aimee. I know you will. Can't wait to see you in your dress. smile.gif

Great job today. cheerleader.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 12 2007, 06:42 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

I know what you mean about how long the dresses take to come it, seems reducilous to me, you will get there just keep at it. cheerleader.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 12 2007, 11:53 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I had a really good morning. I'm still feeling really energetic in the mornings. banana.gif

I took the core class today and then the stretch class afterwards. It went by so fast. ohmy.gif Tomorrow will tell whether or not it was a good workout. It always does. happy.gif

For breakfast I had 1/2 a thing of yogurt...Ethan wanted the other half. tongue.gif Then I had a piece of bread with peanut butter. Not a good breakfast.

I had to go to Target after the gym and I had a protein bar there. ohmy.gif

I'm about to go eat some turkey. I'm starving.

Scotty told me this morning that I could get some more workout clothes. wub.gif Target had a big sale so I picked some up while I was there. thumb.gif
PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jan 12 2007, 12:53 PM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

You must be starving, that's not much!! I remember reading the other day that you were having a hard time eating every two hours...how's that going? It's not been hard for me...except for this morning I've been hungry a lot!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 12 2007, 12:57 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

I am starving. I was just busy and crunched for time this morning. Target is right by the gym so I had to go there before coming home. I ate some turkey and will eat an apple in a minute. It's so much easier to grab something unhealthy, kwim?

I still have trouble eating every couple of hours. It's not that I'm not hungry, I just run out of ideas or have nothing around here to eat and I hate going to the store. happy.gif I need to go to Costco when I pick up Maddie.
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 12 2007, 06:05 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Let's see...

I snacked on string cheese, some pretzels, a few tator tots (I cooked them for the kids tonight blush.gif )

For dinner I had some italian soup I made. It was SO easy and SO delicious. yummy.gif I didn't eat very much of it. It filled me up fast.

Tomorrow morning is my weight lifting class. I also need to get in some cardio! I'm going to make that egg pancake for breakfast so I'll have plenty of protein in me. It's egg whites, cinnamon and oats. I put peanut butter on it, too b/c it's pretty dry.

I'm also going to the gym prepared with snacks to eat afterwards. Chicken for lunch and I have no idea what for dinner. wink.gif

Anyway....just thinking aloud-making sure I have a plan in place. happy.gif
PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jan 12 2007, 07:36 PM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Mmmm....recipes please!!!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jan 13 2007, 06:46 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Naomi, here's the recipe. Italian Vegetable Soup I sort of tweaked it. wink.gif I used ground turkey instead of ground beef. Scotty and I loved it! yummy.gif

I won't be going anywhere today, or tomorrow. Scotty won't let me leave the house. tongue.gif It's freezing out and supposedly icy. We should be getting sleet in a bit. blink.gif I'm so bummed. sleep.gif I'll just have to work out super hard on Monday.

PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Jan 15 2007, 06:46 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

well he could have helped you work out tongue.gif anyway sounds like your doing well. It does seem so much easier to pick up unhealthy things when in a rush. Keep up the good work.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Jan 15 2007, 06:48 AM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

I have most of those ingredients so I'll definitely try it as soon as the cold front gets here!

--------------------
user posted image
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (9) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0200 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]