Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ideas?
mummy2girls
Posted: Jun 23 2011, 10:54 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Group: Members
Member No.: 156

so in my dayhome i have 6 kids in total each day. I was having some issues with some and have actually got some of them turned around:)

I had one child(18months) that kept dumping out toy bins and running making a chaotic mess now after a month of consistency when ever he dumps it out i just look at him and he knows to pick it all up. He hardely ever dumps them now. Im ok with him dumping a bin to play with the toys but not JUST to dump out:)

Another child(2yrs) was aggressive and would bit, kick, steal toys, etc just because and it took longer than a month but after the timeouts , taking things away, seperating him from the others he is fine now. No agression other than the normal fighting over toys that all kids do...

I still am having issues with the 5 year old.... He will lay on top of people, steal toys, hit, punch, kick, hold you down and hold a pillow over the face, annoys the others in little ways, and just does not respect the toys because he has broken many already. I do timeouts, taking things away, making him play on his own and not allowed near others if he cant be nice,not letting him play with any of the toys other than the bin of broken ones he broke, I even had him shadow me because he seems to do these things more if im out of sight. so if im making lunch he sits in the kitchen with me, if i need to use the washroom he is sitting on a chair outside the door, etc. And his behaviour is just not improving. I even started a good chart and gave him stickers for anything he does good. From playing nice, sharing, to everything... and it doesnt work. I have tried this for weeks to no avail. As mean as it sounds I hope he is this way to his teacher and classmates (this september) so then the school WILL step in and maby deal with it and get his parents to really dive deep into this and figure out what is causing this.. I swear he has ADHD... He is so hyper and needs constant structure. I cant just sit for half hour and let him play or he will go off the wall and get destructive. And as much As i would like it, having non stop structure is not a reality. as i need to make lunches, snacks, quiet time, and I DESERVE 30 minutes a day to have a break.... or i would go insane! the other kids when its free play time are awesome! But him NOPE!!!! In the mean time... any ideas? I finally have my dayhome down to an awesome flow with awesome kids but this one kid is a head scratcher!

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
luvbug00
Posted: Jun 23 2011, 11:43 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

he puts pillows on other kids faces?? umm yea.gone..
sorry but if you have tried everything then i think it's time to let him go and bring someone else in.

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
stella6979
Posted: Jun 23 2011, 11:57 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,252

Uh, if my child was in the care of someone and I found out another child was putting a pillow over my child's face, I would pull my kid out instantly. I sure hope you're keeping the other Parents informed of what this child is doing to their children as they have a right to know.
But ya, what Nadya said.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
Life is an incredible journey that is only enhanced by the people you share it with. ~ Rev Run
PMEmail Poster

mummy2girls
Posted: Jun 23 2011, 09:03 PM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

QUOTE (stella6979 @ Jun 23 2011, 02:57 PM)
Uh, if my child was in the care of someone and I found out another child was putting a pillow over my child's face, I would pull my kid out instantly. I sure hope you're keeping the other Parents informed of what this child is doing to their children as they have a right to know.
But ya, what Nadya said.

no... i just keep it a secret because im like that. EVERY parent knows what is happening, EVERY parent knows im dealing with it.... I would not sit back and just not say anything.I inform all parents of the kids if anything happens, being accidents, fighting between kids, etc etc etc. Ok i as a parent would probably take teh child out... yes i whole heartdly agree.... but im not the parents of the dayhome kids. They know what is going on so its up to them if they choose to taje them out so in the meantime i need ideas...

I just need ideas on how to curb this behaviour. Maby im doing soimethingw rong, not being very consistent. Maby im approaching it wrong. I am hoeping when he hits school h=it will help curb his behaviour and hyperness. SOOOOO if anyone has ideas on what i could try disipline wise im ready for ideas...

This post has been edited by mummy2girls on Jun 23 2011, 09:05 PM

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Jun 24 2011, 06:15 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,245

I don't know what to tell you.... if it were my kid I'd pull the spanking card, but since it's isn't and I imagine you don't do that, then I'm not sure what else to try.
I think I would seriously consider removing him for the sake of the other kids. sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
mummy2girls
Posted: Jun 24 2011, 07:22 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

QUOTE (my2monkeyboys @ Jun 24 2011, 09:15 AM)
I don't know what to tell you.... if it were my kid I'd pull the spanking card, but since it's isn't and I imagine you don't do that, then I'm not sure what else to try.
I think I would seriously consider removing him for the sake of the other kids. sad.gif

Yes I am thinking I may have to terminate as I'm at my wits end....but again giving termination I have to give them 1 month notice... So I'll still have him till august.... So I need some ideas.

As for spanking.... I will not under any terms spank a day home child. He is not mine so I have no right to lay my hands on him.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jun 24 2011, 07:26 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

It sounds to me like you've tried everything, and the only option left is to terminate him. sad.gif I can't think of anything else you could possibly do. My advice is to give the parents their one month notice and hang in there until August! hug.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
luvbug00
Posted: Jun 24 2011, 07:53 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

^^ ita to Sara..it is seriously a liability for you. What if he suffocated another child. You know this can only take min. those horror stories come out of nowhere at the least suspected time.
I bet you can terminate sooner with the note that he is a danger to the other kids.
I'm sorry but he so needs help. sleep.gif and there is nothing else you can do, you tried your best.

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
mummy2girls
Posted: Jun 24 2011, 08:07 AM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

QUOTE (luvbug00 @ Jun 24 2011, 10:53 AM)
^^ ita to Sara..it is seriously a liability for you. What if he suffocated another child. You know this can only take min. those horror stories come out of nowhere at the least suspected time.
I bet you can terminate sooner with the note that he is a danger to the other kids.
I'm sorry but he so needs help. sleep.gif and there is nothing else you can do, you tried your best.

oh i know that it can happen... yes that why im on the verdge of terminatingf or sure. And he is shadowing me wherever i go know because of this... I think he has ODD as well... but thats just me.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
youngmomofone
Posted: Jun 25 2011, 07:45 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 1,218

Yeah, termination sad.gif sorry hon...

--------------------
Mom to: CJ 7.03, Alexis 10.09, Taylin 5.11, and Emma and Issac 4.12.
Expecting our last baby Liam Jacob in April 2013.

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0115 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]