Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Spa treatments, for men
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
  Posted: Oct 11 2006, 11:17 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

Okay guys...let's talk spa treatments if you will! DH loves massages and he has done a couple other spa treatments like scrubs and oil wrap type things, but I really want him to get a facial. A facial customized for a man that is! Our anniversary is coming up next week and we're going to treat ourselves to a couple hours at the day spa. He thinks I'm a little nuts for wanting him to get a facial...he keeps saying "okay, okay", but when it comes down to making the appts, he's like "I'll just get two massages!" I just think he would REALLY enjoy it...and hey, doesn't hurt to try something new, right?

Is this considered strange for men to do? dunno.gif Same with pedicures? It's not like you're doing it EVERY week! Who doesn't like their face or feet pampered? Maybe I should let it go...but...but. Would you/have you done one? TIA

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Oct 11 2006, 11:25 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

Well my DH will not even get a massage. So a facial would be so far out there for him. He wouldnt go. I have tried to get him to get massage. He just wont do it. I wish he would though.
So yes I think it is weird to a man to have certain things done like that.
PMEmail Poster
TheOaf66
Posted: Oct 11 2006, 11:27 AM
Quote Post

The Alpha Male

Member No.: 3,764

well I am another one that the only way you'll see me at a spa is if I am buying a gift certificate for Jennie. I would not get a facial, pedicure, wrap any of that. Now your hubby has been there and does go for these types of things so he might actually enjoy it. It would be weird for me but I cannot speak for all men w/out sounding like an a**.

--------------------
Troy, Married to Jennie (Boo&BugsMom), Dad to Tanner("Mini-Me") and Aiden ("Boo Boo").
PMEmail Poster

My2Beauties
Posted: Oct 20 2006, 11:02 AM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 467

My DH cannot even pronounce pedicure let alone go and get one emlaugh.gif He has mentioned that he'd like to have a massage one day though - I think he'd really like it, I mean I love them! It feels so good, who wouldn't love one...right? unsure.gif (I do mean a facial, not a massage, although they both feel good! wink.gif )

This post has been edited by hannasmommy on Oct 20 2006, 11:03 AM

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
coasterqueen
Posted: Oct 20 2006, 12:07 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (TheOaf66 @ Oct 11 2006, 02:27 PM)
well I am another one that the only way you'll see me at a spa is if I am buying a gift certificate for Jennie. I would not get a facial, pedicure, wrap any of that. Now your hubby has been there and does go for these types of things so he might actually enjoy it. It would be weird for me but I cannot speak for all men w/out sounding like an a**.

My husband would only step foot in a spa to get me a certificate too. I've tried to get him to get a massage for back pain and he absolutely refuses.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
MyBlueEyedBabies
Posted: Oct 20 2006, 12:11 PM
Quote Post

Mommy's littlest man

Member No.: 828

Michael and I used to go and get massages every couple months...I asked him if he would get a facial and he asked what it was. After i told him he said he guesses he would

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Nov 1 2006, 04:38 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Well we both ended up getting hot stone massages. Just thought I would update you all. He didn't go for a facial! For you guys out there...try the hot stones! It's awesome...best massage I've ever had! thumb.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Our Lil' Family
Posted: Nov 1 2006, 05:45 PM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Member No.: 2,459

We wanted to do a couples massage in Lake Tahoe for our anniv. in 2004 but they couldn't book them at the same time so we just took turns. DH enjoys them but not as much as me. I'll try the hot stone one next time!!

--------------------
Naomi, Wife to Tim & Mommy to Thomas (7) and Andrew (2)
user posted image
PM
redchief
Posted: Nov 1 2006, 05:50 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

I don't know. It's never come up. I'm trying to think both ways and I just really can't see myself in a spa. I have this overwhelming vision of the 40 Year-Old Virgin getting his chest waxed.

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
TheOaf66
Posted: Nov 2 2006, 08:48 AM
Quote Post

The Alpha Male

Member No.: 3,764

i really am not into massages, i don't like those deep tissue things. I enjoy the kind of finger tip rubs across the chest and back, that is much more relaxing.

--------------------
Troy, Married to Jennie (Boo&BugsMom), Dad to Tanner("Mini-Me") and Aiden ("Boo Boo").
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Nov 7 2006, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

QUOTE (redchief @ Nov 1 2006, 08:50 PM)
I have this overwhelming vision of the 40 Year-Old Virgin getting his chest waxed.

I love that movie!!! rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
JamieR
Posted: Dec 5 2006, 05:23 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

This is cool, Self grooming is good and if it helps in anyway then why not wink.gif
cmidgley
Posted: Jan 25 2008, 07:22 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 19,177

I love to head to the spa and just relax.
PMEmail Poster
gauchodad
  Posted: Jan 31 2008, 01:58 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 19,853

I can't believe how many good folks haven't tried Day Spa services. It gets pretty pricy but well worth if you're lucky enough to get a really good therapist or aesthetician. Nothing like going to a nice facility, get a great work out in then sit in the steam room, then the hot tub and lastly a great massage. Facials can be extremely relaxing. They're just a deep cleansing treatment for the face but usually includes massage of the facial muscles and the neck and shoulders. Lots of people fall asleep during a facial because they are very relaxing. If one cares about their skin and giving back to their body a bit, it does make a difference in getting back to the grinde. PS. don't just do this when on vacation or b-days. try teating yourselves to this self maintainance endulgences often. like once a month at least. We all are worth that. the best treatment for me is the Thai Massage. you lay on this mat fully dressed in comfy clothes and get stetched out and like if in a yoga class. Sounds weird but very very rejuvenating.
PMEmail Poster

austins mom
Posted: Jan 31 2008, 03:56 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 19,839

My hubby loves getting pedicures. But i dont know about the facials. Just tell him to atleast try it.
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jan 31 2008, 04:09 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Oh wow, this is an old post of mine! laugh.gif Well we are off to Tahoe in about two months and we're heading to the spa again!! DH said he would rather go to the spa then snowboard! And he agreed to try a facial this time wink.gif I agree with gauchodad, if it helps you feel rejuvenated and helps lessen the stress of the daily grind, then do it often! Plus facials include a head, neck and shoulder massage, sometimes hands and feet too.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0135 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]