Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Depo-provera b.c question
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jul 10 2005, 03:58 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

I was just wondering if anyone that has used it experience pain where your overies are? I feel like they are swollen and I felt right there and there a little bumps.. I tried finding to find something in google on on there website but there wasn't anything about that.. also when i have to pee (sorry if tmi) it hurts worse and throbs until I go rolleyes.gif Just wondering if anyone that used/use felt this.. also I really want to change birth control again.. but I'm scared too because I used so many different types since I had Alyssa blush.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Ashes78
Posted: Jul 10 2005, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,091

If you plan on having more children then I suggest not using depo. I had all kinds of problems with it. I didn't have a period the whole time I was on it and had trouble getting pregnant with Xander even though I had been off of it for 4 years. I have heard a lot of stories from women who couldn't have any more kids because of it.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
mckayleesmom
Posted: Jul 11 2005, 06:31 AM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

I don't know girlie....I would get checked for Kidney Stones or a bladder infection....thats how I feel when I get them...and my lower back cramps like Im in labor....Hope you feel better. Try drinking some cranberry juice and lots of water...maybe it will help it go away.

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster

JessC
Posted: Jul 11 2005, 07:01 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 1,289

Yeah I know what your talking about when you have to pee.

I got that with the patch also. It was horrid. I recommend like bri said, some cranberry or even some cranberry vitamins. Also, lots of water helps. thumb.gif

Hope it gets better! smile.gif

--------------------

-Jessica

PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jul 11 2005, 07:51 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

I think I'm going to switch back to the pill I read some pretty scary stuff plus I think its this dang shot that is keeping me from being able to loose weight easily like I use too... dry.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
MissyKay2005
Posted: Jul 11 2005, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 2,065

There is a new kind of birth control out now. It's a simple proceder they do and can be taken out at anytime and casue no side affects. There are no hoemones at all, it is call ParaGard. Talk to your doctor. This might work for you. I will be looking into it after I have this child. casue I don't like the idea of useing the shot or pills. have had problems with them in the past as well. Hope it all works out for you smile.gif

--------------------
Mother of two boys. Brandon, who is 10# and Boden, who is 1#. We have one on the way due in Jan.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jul 11 2005, 08:13 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

QUOTE (MissyKay2005 @ Jul 11 2005, 11:10 AM)
There is a new kind of birth control out now. It's a simple proceder they do and can be taken out at anytime and casue no side affects. There are no hoemones at all, it is call ParaGard. Talk to your doctor. This might work for you. I will be looking into it after I have this child. casue I don't like the idea of useing the shot or pills. have had problems with them in the past as well. Hope it all works out for you smile.gif

Thanks for that info definitly something to check into!!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
lisar
Posted: Jul 11 2005, 01:04 PM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

I used it for a long time. Never experiance any of that though. Sorry i cant help

Lisa
PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Jul 11 2005, 02:28 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 249

QUOTE (mckayleesmom @ Jul 11 2005, 10:31 AM)
I don't know girlie....I would get checked for Kidney Stones or a bladder infection....thats how I feel when I get them...and my lower back cramps like Im in labor....Hope you feel better. Try drinking some cranberry juice and lots of water...maybe it will help it go away.

i have to agree with Brianne here. i don't think your symptoms are related to the BC. i was on Depo for almost a yr and had little to no side effects. you just need the right gyn to prescribe it to you because the dosage varies per person. you are not supposed to get a period while you are on it.. that is normal. if you do, then the dosage is too low. also, i am sitting here 4+ months pg and it hasn't been very long since i stopped taking it. i have heard the stats that some people having a hard time getting pg after it but with personal friends who have used it, they have not had that experience and nor have i. hth.

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Ashes78
Posted: Jul 11 2005, 03:05 PM
Quote Post

Medicine can affect different people differently. Not everyone is alergic to codiene but some are. My period was not regular for 4 years after I stopped using it. I was still not having regular periods when I got pregnant with Xander. If it were kidney stones your kidneys would hurt, which would be felt in your lower back, not where your ovaries are. I would consider trying a different form of bc. The shot will cause you to gain weight as well. I got on the shot after I had my first son and I couldn't manage to lose any of the weight after having him. I got my tubes tied this time, not on bc, and I have lost a lot of weight since having Xander.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jul 11 2005, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

well I have decided that I want to switch back to the pill anyway I gained 30 pounds on the shot if I hadn't gained that I would be back to my old size by now, also I'm loosing hair RAPPIDLY its SO annoying and I didn't do that on the pill.. Plus I hope that in the next 18months that we will be able to try to have another baby so I want to be ready!!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
maestra
Posted: Jul 11 2005, 03:45 PM
Quote Post

Giselle Rebecca

Member No.: 115

QUOTE (kimberley @ Jul 11 2005, 03:28 PM)
QUOTE (mckayleesmom @ Jul 11 2005, 10:31 AM)

i have to agree with Brianne here. i don't think your symptoms are related to the BC. i was on Depo for almost a yr and had little to no side effects. you just need the right gyn to prescribe it to you because the dosage varies per person. you are not supposed to get a period while you are on it.. that is normal. if you do, then the dosage is too low. also, i am sitting here 4+ months pg and it hasn't been very long since i stopped taking it. i have heard the stats that some people having a hard time getting pg after it but with personal friends who have used it, they have not had that experience and nor have i. hth.

I have had depo too, and had no problems getting pg. But I have the mirena iud now and I love it.

Someone else mentioned paraguard- which is also an iud.

As for your symptoms though, it really could be a bladder or kidney infection, on top of something else. I would go in and get it checked, just in case.

--------------------
Michelle
Wife to Henry (6/8/02)
and Mommy to Jaquelyn (Jaci) 9/23/02, Giselle 1/4/05 and Brian 1/7/09

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Ashes78
Posted: Jul 11 2005, 04:30 PM
Quote Post

I got this right off of Depo's website:
ADVERSE REACTIONS
In the largest clinical trial with DEPO-PROVERA CI, over 3,900 women, who
were treated for up to 7 years, reported the following adverse reactions, which may or may not be related to the use of DEPO-PROVERA CI.
The following adverse reactions were reported by more than 5% of subjects:
Menstrual irregularities (bleeding or amenorrhea, or both),Abdominal pain or discomfort,Weight changes,Dizziness,Headache,Asthenia (weakness or fatigue),Nervousness, Adverse reactions reported by 1% to 5% of subjects using DEPO-PROVERA
Contraceptive Injection were:
Decreased libido or anorgasmia, Pelvic pain, Backache, Breast pain, Leg cramps, No hair growth or alopecia, Depression, Bloating, Nausea, Rash, Insomnia, Edema, Leukorrhea, Hot flashes, Acne, Arthralgia,Vaginitis
Events reported by fewer than 1% of subjects included: galactorrhea, melasma,
chloasma, convulsions, changes in appetite, gastrointestinal disturbances, jaundice,
genitourinary infections, vaginal cysts, dyspareunia, paresthesia, chest pain, pulmonary embolus, allergic reactions, anemia, drowsiness, syncope, dyspnea and asthma, tachycardia, fever, excessive sweating and body odor, dry skin, chills, increased libido, excessive thirst, hoarseness, pain at injection site, blood dyscrasia, rectal bleeding, changes in breast size, breast lumps or nipple bleeding, axillary swelling, breast cancer, prevention of lactation, sensation of pregnancy, lack of return to fertility, paralysis, facial palsy, scleroderma, osteoporosis, uterine hyperplasia, cervical cancer, varicose veins, dysmenorrhea, hirsutism, unexpected pregnancy, thrombophlebitis, deep veinthrombosis.

You should discuss the risks and benefits of starting and/or using this method of contraception for longer than 2 years with your healthcare provider.

Take it from someone who has had kidney problems for 24 years....when your kidneys hurt you will feel it in your back, not your pelvic area. If it is a bladder infection that is bad enough for it to hurt like that your urine will be cloudy.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Mommy2BAK
Posted: Jul 12 2005, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 843

Jessy Ann, I hope you feel better. It's hard to say if your symptoms are directly related to your b.c. I used to take Depo Provera and I never had a period the whole time and I got preggo with Blakely exactly 5 months after I quit taking it. But I have heard that it isn't the best b.c to be on. Good luck, I hope you figure something out.

--------------------
~TAMARA~
Blessed mother to Blakely (7/12/04), Ayden (9/21/07), Addison and Avery (7/2/08)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo

Ashes78
Posted: Jul 12 2005, 03:54 PM
Quote Post

I just got a PM from someone who I ticked off with my posts on this topic. If I ticked anyone off I swear I didn't mean to...lol. biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jul 12 2005, 05:05 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

QUOTE (Ashes78 @ Jul 12 2005, 06:54 PM)
I just got a PM from someone who I ticked off with my posts on this topic. If I ticked anyone off I swear I didn't mean to...lol. biggrin.gif

oops I'm sorry guys!! I didn't mean for that to happen I actually already read that stuff you posted it (foud it after I posted this thread) and quite frankly it scared me.. I know it depends on the person just like any other b.c different people will have different reaction to it. Anyway I think I'm ready to go back on the pill anyway so I can get my body ready for the next baby...

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0141 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]