Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Wow!, I love my son's teacher!!!
snoopymom
Posted: Apr 25 2005, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,782

Okay, I had a wonderful discussion with one of my son's teachers. Dylan is seven years old and very, VERY active. So much so that I have always been afraid that he would be labeled as ADHD without anyone paying attention to what was really going on. He is a kinesthetic (sp) learner. He is constantly moving.

Anyway, his teacher has been doing things in class with him to help him stay focused. Thankfully, she understands what Dylan is doing. She gives him things like string to tie knots in while listening to her read, or giving him putty to squeeze while he is waiting his turn. Little things that don't distract the rest of the class.

Well we had a parent teacher conference and she let me know that he has already mastered everything that he needs to go on to 2nd grade since right after Christmas. She is planning on having him tested for Gifted and Talented. She really thinks that he has a special gift that needs to be focused on. I was overwhelmed. I know he is a smart kiddo, but it just blew me away to hear her go on about him (and not be complaining that he is disruptive). I was so proud.

Sorry - I know this is a long post, but what a wonderful woman to take the time and work with this little boy. He is very clever and has always done things to surprise me.

--------------------
I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it.
--Charles Schulz

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
amymom
Posted: Apr 25 2005, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

great teacher. One of the best things you could do for her is write her a note to acknowledge that you notice she is putting in the extra effort. I think teachers appreciate notes from parents more than the little gifts we tend to give at the end of the school year.

Great job on raising your little boy!!

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
mammag
Posted: Apr 26 2005, 02:02 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,050

That's wonderful to hear! You're lucky to have gotten an incredible teacher!

--------------------
Jeanie - SAHM to Kristen 13, Cade 12, Conner 8, Keegan 3

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

Alice
Posted: Apr 26 2005, 02:39 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 574

I LOVE reading posts like yours!!

I agree: send her a Thank You note!

--------------------
Alice
wife to Peter
mom to Brian (6-18-98)
Julia (2-17-00)
Kira (2-04-03)
PMEmail Poster
six_kids_at_28
Posted: Oct 19 2005, 03:34 PM
Quote Post

Unregistered

wub.gif What a great teacher!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0101 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]