Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topic

> Re-Introduction
sunrosejenn
  Posted: Jul 25 2008, 04:09 PM
Quote Post

Jeannette ~ Mommy 2 Eliana

Group: Members
Member No.: 536

Hi my name is Jeannette, I'll be 33 in 15 days. Up until Jan 08 I was a single mother of Eliana who will be 4 in November. I joined PCF back in June 2004. I can't believe it's been that long. I had some computer issues last June and lost the link to this site. A couple week ago I was thinking about the name to this site. And it dawned on me so I came to the site.

Then the hard thing was remembering my username and password. It took me about 10 minutes to figure it out. I did some reading for a few hours. And I was SO happy to see so many familiar usernames.

No onto what I have been up to since June 07. I also belonged to another mommy forum and they dragged me into their drama so I deleted myself from the group. It was a good thing too. They thrive on drama and being mean to each other. Between June and August 07 I really started getting into photography. I got a high end point and shoot camera then soon discovered I couldn't advance with it.

In October 07 I bought my first digital slr camera a Canon XTi. And by April 08 I had outgrown that camera. On May 1, 2008 I bought a Canon 40D. it's not the best top of the line professional camera but it's not entry level either. I belong to a photography group/class but it's 1h 15 mins from where I live. It's free except for the gas. I entered 6 photos in an Art show and won 4 awards. This week I entered 2 photos in the 4H fair and they both won First place ribbons. I have come a long way in such a short time.

In March 08 sorry to back track I did a photo fundraiser and the group made a profit of $700 for 8 hours of work. About 2 weeks ago I had a calling from God if you want to put it that way. I received an email from an internet friend who does several fundraisers a year to try to get money to pay for the adoption of there son. And I offered to do a photo fundraiser for her in October.

A couple days ago I contacted a mom from CafeMom. She is a single mom of 3 teenage girls. her middle child being a Senior this year. So Heather will be my Senior Rep. It works out for her to get photos for a discount and earn free photos if I can use her as a Rep and use her photos on my wesbite.

I'm turning my photography hobby into a business. My website is just in it's starting stages but it is live. http://JenaPhotography.com I need to make a few changes, add more photos as I get them, add a contact and bio page. I have all my prices and policies in order. I had my logo and marketing items designed and created by a professional.

Eliana has grown so much in the last year. Sometimes she say things that make me do a double take. It makes me wonder if she is 3 1/2 or 15. She is my everything and life wouldn't be the same without her. And it's hard to believe but she starts preschool on August 18 which is only 24 days away.

In September 07 I started chatting with a guy named Brett online who lived 2 cities over from where I lived. Finally in December we met. I did his Christmas photo for his family Christmas cards of him and his 2 boys. A week later we went on a date and the rest is history. June 08 we moved into a house together in the country. We are renting a house on a farm. The landlord still farms the land but we are surrounded by cows, corn, a duck in one of the 2 ponds and other farm life. But it is SO quiet out here.

Brett has 2 boys from his first marriage. Frankie is 10 1/2 and Christian is 16 1/2. So even though we are not married I consider them my boys and sad they only live here part time. So I tell everyone I am a mom of 3.

I could ramble on about what has gone on for the last year. But I won't bore you to death with all my stories. snooze.gif snooze.gif

--------------------
Photobucket

PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
doublebubble
Posted: Jul 25 2008, 04:15 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 21,017

Well, I'm fairly new, so i guess....welcome back!

--------------------
pregnancy due date
PMEmail Poster
sunrosejenn
Posted: Jul 25 2008, 04:18 PM
Quote Post

Thank you! Glad you found PCF. It's a great place.

--------------------
Photobucket

PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo

PrairieMom
Posted: Jul 25 2008, 04:38 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

welcome back!
PM
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Jul 25 2008, 04:41 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

wavey.gif Welcome back!!
PMEmail Poster
sunrosejenn
Posted: Jul 25 2008, 05:05 PM
Quote Post

Thank you. it's good to be back.

--------------------
Photobucket

PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Calimama
Posted: Jul 26 2008, 08:47 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

Welcome back!
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Jul 26 2008, 06:17 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 800

Welcome back!!! I'd wondered whatever happened to you. Good luck with the photography too. smile.gif

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Jul 27 2008, 01:45 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
Congrats and I'm glad you made time to write the whole story

Good Luck with photography

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jul 27 2008, 06:56 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

wavey.gif Welcome back! And congrats on the new man in your life, new farm, photog business and new step-sons (although I know you're not married). Good news!! smile.gif

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Jul 27 2008, 07:13 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

Hello there!!!!! Welcome back stranger!

I love that pic with the blue door!!!!!!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
sunrosejenn
Posted: Jul 28 2008, 08:15 AM
Quote Post

Thanks everyone! It's definitely good to be back. hug.gif

--------------------
Photobucket

PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
lizzib
Posted: Jul 30 2008, 08:55 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 21,054

welcome to the forum!!

--------------------
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0209 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]