Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Jamie Lynn PG, News worth? You decide. LOL
BAC'sMom
Posted: Dec 19 2007, 08:44 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,486

I was shocked too biggrin.gif I looked forward to reading it wink.gif

--------------------
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
PMEmail Poster
grapfruit
Posted: Dec 19 2007, 08:46 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 5,476

QUOTE (Crystalina @ Dec 19 2007, 07:28 AM)
QUOTE (DillsMommy @ Dec 19 2007, 06:33 AM)
you think she would learn from her sister. atleast use BC. isn't brit pregnant for the 3rd time now?

I heard that also but that was right before the story on Jamie Lynn being pg broke so I'm thinking maybe someone jumped the gun on speculating and got the wrong sister. Everything I've read has only mentioned JL and I'm sure if they were both pg the articles would have made a big deal about it. kwim?

I think it's a little ironic that her mom is writing a parenting book w/a Christian publisher. No offense, but I don't think I want any advise from her.

No doubt! dry.gif

I think with Brit she just went wacky for some reason (she wears a belt to carry her Starbucks coffees now! emlaugh.gif ), but didn't it say JL was living with her BF? WTH is that about? I think I could control whether my 16 yr old was living with a guy. wacko.gif

I found something about her living w/him:

JLS

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Calimama
Posted: Dec 19 2007, 09:11 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

QUOTE (DillsMommy @ Dec 19 2007, 06:33 AM)
you think she would learn from her sister. atleast use BC. isn't brit pregnant for the 3rd time now?

How do you know she didn't? Want to see birth control in action? Look at my 16 month old in my siggy. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Bellasmommy10 on Dec 19 2007, 09:12 AM
PMEmail Poster

Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Dec 19 2007, 11:50 AM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

QUOTE (stella6979 @ Dec 19 2007, 07:07 AM)
I don't think it's fair to blame the parents.

I do. Her mom allowed her to live with her boyfriend. She's a moron. What did she think was going to happen? It's putting fuel on the fire. Lynne Spears' track record as a parent is 0 for 2 so far...not good odds. Kids make their own decisions, but if proper parenting and not friendship would have been in play, I think these girls wouldn't be getting in all of these big messes. JMO.

This post has been edited by Boo&BugsMom on Dec 19 2007, 11:52 AM

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM
My2Beauties
Posted: Dec 19 2007, 12:05 PM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 467

I think part of it has to do with the whole Hollywood lifestyle too, I can't say that parenting is completely to blame. Britney didn't have her kids until she was old enough to be married and have kids, she just hasn't been making the best decisions since having her kids. JL...well stuff happens. I'm not saying that the mom maybe didn't fail somewhere, but both those girls are in the limelight all the time, and Hollywood is not a healthy place for a teenager to grow up. My parents had me leading such a sheltered life it was ridiculous, but I tell ya what...I lsot my virginity when I was 14 years old wink.gif Food for thought.....I know people who are the nicest people in the world, want nothing but the best things in life for their kids, have been there for them through everything and they've turned out to be pieces of crap. I've also know horrible pieces of crap parents (a lot of my older family members, aunts and uncles) who had perfectly normal, happy children (my cousins) who turned out completely fine despite all the horrible things they saw, so it's not always the parents wink.gif

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
stella6979
Posted: Dec 19 2007, 12:57 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,252

QUOTE (My2Beauties @ Dec 19 2007, 12:05 PM)
Food for thought.....I know people who are the nicest people in the world, want nothing but the best things in life for their kids, have been there for them through everything and they've turned out to be pieces of crap. I've also know horrible pieces of crap parents (a lot of my older family members, aunts and uncles) who had perfectly normal, happy children (my cousins) who turned out completely fine despite all the horrible things they saw, so it's not always the parents wink.gif

I agree. My friend's Parents had 4 kids and as far as I could tell, they were great parents. Attended all their sporting events, never let them stay out late, they all got good grades, went to church and now one of them is in prison and one of them is dead. dry.gif
I'm just saying that sometimes no matter how well you raise your kids, they don't always turn out the way you hoped they would. I did a lot of things in H.S. that my parents would be shocked to find out but when you're a kid there's all kinds of pressure.
As for the Mom letting her live with her BF, I must have missed that. That's obviously not right, but like I said, kids do all kinds of things that their parents aren't aware of. I for one am dreading the teenage years. sad.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
Life is an incredible journey that is only enhanced by the people you share it with. ~ Rev Run
PMEmail Poster
Calimama
Posted: Dec 19 2007, 01:00 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

QUOTE (stella6979 @ Dec 19 2007, 12:57 PM)
I for one am dreading the teenage years.  sad.gif

So am I. We could always lock our girls up together.. then they'd have a friend to play with in their box. rolling_smile.gif justjoking.gif

This post has been edited by Bellasmommy10 on Dec 19 2007, 01:01 PM
PMEmail Poster
stella6979
Posted: Dec 19 2007, 01:02 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (Bellasmommy10 @ Dec 19 2007, 01:00 PM)
QUOTE (stella6979 @ Dec 19 2007, 12:57 PM)
I for one am dreading the teenage years.  sad.gif

So am I. We could always lock our girls up together.. then they'd have a friend to play with in their box. rolling_smile.gif justjoking.gif

Souds good to me. wink.gif

--------------------
Life is an incredible journey that is only enhanced by the people you share it with. ~ Rev Run
PMEmail Poster
grapfruit
Posted: Dec 19 2007, 01:02 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 5,476

QUOTE (My2Beauties @ Dec 19 2007, 12:05 PM)
I think part of it has to do with the whole Hollywood lifestyle too, I can't say that parenting is completely to blame. Britney didn't have her kids until she was old enough to be married and have kids, she just hasn't been making the best decisions since having her kids. JL...well stuff happens. I'm not saying that the mom maybe didn't fail somewhere, but both those girls are in the limelight all the time, and Hollywood is not a healthy place for a teenager to grow up. My parents had me leading such a sheltered life it was ridiculous, but I tell ya what...I lsot my virginity when I was 14 years old wink.gif Food for thought.....I know people who are the nicest people in the world, want nothing but the best things in life for their kids, have been there for them through everything and they've turned out to be pieces of crap. I've also know horrible pieces of crap parents (a lot of my older family members, aunts and uncles) who had perfectly normal, happy children (my cousins) who turned out completely fine despite all the horrible things they saw, so it's not always the parents wink.gif

Good point. I lost mine at 15. But I got great grades, was in 4-H, Honor Society, the works. dunno.gif

I do think that both girls lack judgement skills. And you'd think JL would of been EXTRA careful b/c of what is going on w/her sister. I mean she can read the tabloids and hear the comments of America on how everyone is discusted (sp?) w/her. You'd think she'd try and be a polar opposite. Also, Brit may be a mess, but she's not the star of a Nickelodeon show. wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Boo&BugsMom
Posted: Dec 19 2007, 01:19 PM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

Even though a parent may seen "good" on the outside though, you never know what happens behind closed doors. smile.gif wink.gif

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Dec 19 2007, 01:31 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

I feel so bad for her. I think she is lacking so much, actually. sad.gif I think it's irresponsible, but she's a child, essentially (therefore it is her mother's responsibility). In Hollywood I guess 16 is the new 21, I don't know, I don't live that life. I think her parents are childish and irresponsible and are tired of raising their children. This is all speculation, but I think she needs attention, love and support. From everything I've read, neither of the girls has gotten that in years.

This is not an excuse for her losing her virginity at such a young age, or is it? Seriously....if a girl feels love and support from those around her, does she really go out searching for that acceptance? Having strict parents doesn't mean diddly squat. I think it goes much deeper than that.

I don't want to start a debate...I just think this is an important discussion for those of us with daughters. hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
My2Beauties
Posted: Dec 19 2007, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Member No.: 467

QUOTE (Boo&BugsMom @ Dec 19 2007, 04:19 PM)
Even though a parent may seen "good" on the outside though, you never know what happens behind closed doors. smile.gif wink.gif

I agree and I'm not saying that isn't true. But...I think good parents can end up with bad kids. Nowadays, you have the neighborhood you live in that you have to take into consideration, the school your child attends, the friends they choose, the media, their teachers, other adults they come in contact with like coaches, other kid's parents etc...It's not just you that influence your children and I tell ya, my mom and dad would lay down and die if they knew some of the stunts I pulled, to this day I'm ashamed of some of the things I did. They were such nice, hard working, honest people (sure they had their faults, but who doesn't), and for the most part they raised me well, dad was always in my life and there for me, my mom was with me all the time, she talked to me about things, maybe not in as much detail as she could have, but if I would have asked she would have answered my questions and I REALLY did some bad stuff. I don't know why, maybe I was rebelling in my own way, but I tell ya what, most of it was my friends, and even though my mom refused to let me hang out with these kids, I still found my ways and they almost brought me way way down until I woke up one day! I smoked pot, I was having sex, I was making horrible grades (but I was in the advanced program, go figure), I was backtalking my mom, I was sneaking out at night, I was spiraling out of control and my mom had no clue what to do with me. Half the stuff I just mentioned they barely know about or don't know about at all, so be careful to blame the parents all the time, it isn't just them that influences a child!

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
stella6979
Posted: Dec 19 2007, 02:10 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Dec 19 2007, 01:31 PM)
I feel so bad for her. I think she is lacking so much, actually. sad.gif I think it's irresponsible, but she's a child, essentially (therefore it is her mother's responsibility). In Hollywood I guess 16 is the new 21, I don't know, I don't live that life. I think her parents are childish and irresponsible and are tired of raising their children. This is all speculation, but I think she needs attention, love and support. From everything I've read, neither of the girls has gotten that in years.

This is not an excuse for her losing her virginity at such a young age, or is it? Seriously....if a girl feels love and support from those around her, does she really go out searching for that acceptance? Having strict parents doesn't mean diddly squat. I think it goes much deeper than that.

I don't want to start a debate...I just think this is an important discussion for those of us with daughters. hug.gif

I was always loved and had tons of support but when I was 16 and had my first real BF I really felt like I was in love. I wasn't out searching for anything, I just honestly thought I was in love. Of couse, I was 16 so I was young and naive, but it wasn't something I did do be accepted.
I agree this is a great topic for those of us with daughters and even sons. And I'm certainly going to try my best to raise my kids to make good decisions, but I'm sure they'll make some bad ones along the way. We all do.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Jackie012007
Posted: Dec 19 2007, 04:15 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 4,017

I feel kind of sorry for Britney - ever since she married that scum, her life went down the tubes and I think a lot of it has to do with the pressure of celebrity - everyone wants to see her fail. She's under a microscope - can you imagine if everything you did had the potential to be blown up on magazines and the internet? It's a lot to live up to. I can't help but think that the whole thing with her going nuts and shaving her head could possibly be related to PPD - there were many people saying she was depressed and not herself after the birth of the second baby. I just feel bad for her when people tear her apart.

As for JL - I can't say anything because I was having sex at 16. And maybe she was on BC, so was I when I got pregnant with Carly. But if it is true that she was living with her 19 year old boyfriend, shame on her parents. That's just wrong - I'm glad she is keeping the baby instead of "getting rid of it" but 16 year old spoiled starlets have no idea how much time, effort, frustration, tears, patience and love it takes to raise a baby.

This post has been edited by Jackie012007 on Dec 19 2007, 04:16 PM

--------------------
Jackie - mama to Carly Evelyn (01-05-07) and Bride-to-Be (02-28-09)
PMEmail Poster

Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Dec 19 2007, 04:20 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

It was just a thought. I truly hope I didn't offend you. hug.gif

I know when I was 16 I thought I was an adult. rolling_smile.gif However, it took me a lot longer to mature. Being that girls nowadays mature a lot faster, this doesn't at all surprise me. That's why I said 16 is the new 21.

I fell in love for the first time at 17 and while I did things with my boyfriend at the time, we didn't "go all the way." I still have no regrets for the things we did do. I imagine you feel much the same way. I hope I didn't come off as being judgemental. We all have our pasts and our reasons. I just wonder if some girls feel lonely, kwim?
PMEmail Poster
stella6979
Posted: Dec 19 2007, 04:29 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Dec 19 2007, 04:20 PM)
It was just a thought. I truly hope I didn't offend you. hug.gif

I know when I was 16 I thought I was an adult. rolling_smile.gif However, it took me a lot longer to mature. Being that girls nowadays mature a lot faster, this doesn't at all surprise me. That's why I said 16 is the new 21.

I fell in love for the first time at 17 and while I did things with my boyfriend at the time, we didn't "go all the way." I still have no regrets for the things we did do. I imagine you feel much the same way. I hope I didn't come off as being judgemental. We all have our pasts and our reasons. I just wonder if some girls feel lonely, kwim?

Oh no, I wasn't offended at all. I was just commenting on my situation. I really did think I was in love at the time. I cared for him a lot but after growing up a bit and meeting DH I realized that it was more "puppy love". The love I feel now for DH is much different. wub.gif

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Crystalina
Posted: Dec 19 2007, 04:44 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,338

QUOTE (Jackie012007 @ Dec 19 2007, 04:15 PM)
I feel kind of sorry for Britney - ever since she married that scum, her life went down the tubes and I think a lot of it has to do with the pressure of celebrity - everyone wants to see her fail.  She's under a microscope - can you imagine if everything you did had the potential to be blown up on magazines and the internet? 

I agree with this. If you go here and click on any of the BS videos you can see how she is hounded! OMG, in one video she's answering a text message and the guy zooms in on what she's writing. dry.gif

But, with that said, she also has the pap do things for her (little favors) and that just eggs them on. They think she wants them there and at times it seems she does so the relationship seems to go hand in hand.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
luvbug00
Posted: Dec 19 2007, 06:17 PM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

who cares?? There are pleanty of pregnant 16 year olds in the world. it just so happens this one has a famous older sister who just so happened to make her famous. There are some 16 year olds who are better parents then some 27 year olds i know and vice versa. I hope she see's what her nephews are put threw and rasies her kids right. I also think in that case that kevin is the more stable of the two parents. I believe Britney is insane and it's from lack of guidance and overdoing the percription drugs.

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
jcc64
Posted: Dec 19 2007, 06:23 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

Well, we've ALL done things that would make our parents' skin crawl, right? But that doesn't necessarily put us in a league with someone whose decisions are so irresponsible that she can't even legally be alone with her own children. There's having a good time, and then there's having SUCH a good time that you forget all about your priorities. And a kid is a much bigger priority than say, a grade on a report card. Somewhere along the line, these girls missed the cue, or more likely were never given it, about when and where to stop having fun and get down to business. Listen guys, no one was wilder than me. I followed the Grateful Dead all around the country for YEARS- and that's about as far away from good clean livin' as one can get! But some little voice in my head always kept me from going over the edge. I'd go right up to it, peer over it, but always stopped just short. And I do credit my parents with giving me the love and self esteem not to completely trash my life while having as much fun as was humanly possible when I was young and vulnerable. To me, THAT'S the lesson they never learned.

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0246 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]