Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> LOL I'm Back....., and it's a .........
chloe&tysmommy
Posted: Mar 10 2004, 08:06 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 86

Well, I wasn't too happy with the lady I had mad.gif she was kind of crabby!

I told her as soon as I went in that me and dh would like to find out what we are having and she said 'well, first of all we don't always get to see what it is and second we are only 85% sure and we can be wrong'. I told her I understood that you can't be 100% sure but at least make an effort and try to see....

That kind of put me in a bad mood...so she was measuring the baby and she turns to me and says 'well if I had to *guess* I would say boy' (while dh was waiting in the waiting room- she called him in after she was done measuring). I was happy at least she *guessed* but kind of mad that she didn't wait until my dh was me when she told me...oh well, no biggie but she really didn't sound confident about it or even like she cared at all sad.gif

But all-in-all it was ok, I got to see the baby move and open his/her mouth a couple times...I did go to Walmart and I bought a cute little blue snugabye sleeper...just in case she is right happy.gif Dh was in his glory looking at all of the boy clothes though tongue.gif

Oh ya, she told us that my due date is now June 28th instead of July 8th and the baby weighs 1 lb and 7 oz!! I am so excited I can't wait!!!

Thanks for being so patient with me *wink* *wink* LOL

--------------------
~Crystal~

PMEmail PosterMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Mar 10 2004, 08:19 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

A boy, eh? That's what I guessed. thumb.gif biggrin.gif

Sorry you had such a snotty technician! smash.gif But, I bet it was great seeing your little baby on the screen, I remember what that was like! wub.gif wub.gif It sounds like HE is growing and doing great!

Did the technician say if she saw "anything" that made her think it was a boy? Are you going to have any more U/S during your PG? If so, maybe they can confirm that it will be a boy. I bet it was fun picking out a blue sleeper. Have you thought of boy names yet?

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
5littleladies
Posted: Mar 10 2004, 09:31 PM
Quote Post

Lissie

Group: Members
Member No.: 116

Ok-I was wrong. happy.gif I'm sorry you had crabby tech. When I was preggo with Brianna my technician was like that. But oh well, at least you got to see your healthy little one. smile.gif

--------------------
~*~Jennifer~*~
Wife to Jason, Mom to Madeline, Megan, Brianna,
Alyssa, Kate, and our babies in heaven-Benjamin, 8/13/04, and David, 8/01/07

Jen's Blog
PMEmail PosterMSN

CantWait
Posted: Mar 10 2004, 11:04 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! A little BOY baby.gif I'm so sorry the lady was such an itchy women, but glad that baby is looking well.

Congrats wub.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
MomToMany
Posted: Mar 11 2004, 04:32 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

thumb.gif Hopefully she's right!! I guessed boy!! At least you got to see your little one moving around!!

Sorry she was so crabby, though. It really spoils the whole thing.

wub.gif Congratulations wub.gif !!!
aspenblue1
Posted: Mar 11 2004, 04:55 AM
Quote Post

Isabella and Kyrsten

Member No.: 68

Congratulation on a boy!! Sorry the tech was crabby. That really spoils the experience.

--------------------
Carrie Mommy to Isabella 09/06/2002 and Kyrsten 06/27/2005

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
amynicole21
Posted: Mar 11 2004, 05:32 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Member No.: 69

Woo Hoo!!!! That's so great!!!! Congrats tongue.gif

Sorry your tech was so rude mad.gif Seems that they forget that even though they look at babies all day every day, this is a special occasion for every patient ((HUGS))

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Mar 11 2004, 06:07 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Member No.: 32

Thanks for the update, sorry you had such a crabby tech. My DH was in with me when they did all that and my tech showed me, so I was 100% it was a girl, DH was still kinda unsure. I hope you have another U/S and get a better thech so you can know for sure.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Mar 11 2004, 06:35 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 249

thumb.gif yay! i knew it was a boy! sorry you had such a crappy US tech. glad baby is doing so well! wub.gif baby.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 11 2004, 06:50 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Gosh, I was for sure it was a girl blush.gif Congratulations and sorry you had such a crabby tech. Poo poo on her!

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
chloe&tysmommy
Posted: Mar 11 2004, 07:48 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Mar 10 2004, 09:19 PM)

Did the technician say if she saw "anything" that made her think it was a boy? Are you going to have any more U/S during your PG? If so, maybe they can confirm that it will be a boy. I bet it was fun picking out a blue sleeper. Have you thought of boy names yet?

When dh came in the room she starting showing us the hands, feet, heart and I said to her (dh still didn't know she guessed boy) maybe could you try to see again if it's a boy or not. Dh eyes lite up and he said " its a boy"!

She said "well that is what I guessed". She never really answered me or even tried again to see...she made NO effort. I even asked her if the baby was sleeping and she said no...arggg!

I wanted to ask her if she saw 'something' or what made her think that...but she seemed really ignorant so I left it at that. I was even to afraid to ask if everything looked alright b/c I thought she'd just say..I can't tell you that or something...

I won't be getting another one either sad.gif

no we haven't picked out any names..I asked dh what he liked and he said he'd have to think about it...we better hurry b/c 3 months will fly by..ahhh ohmy.gif

--------------------
~Crystal~

PMEmail PosterMSN
A&A'smommy
Posted: Mar 11 2004, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

Aww congrats! And what a mean lady smash.gif if it had been me...well when I was pg I wasnt always nice lol.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
jen
Posted: Mar 11 2004, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 263

AWWWWWWWWWW I am sorry your experience was made less than perfect like that. If I were you I would call your doctor's office and tell them how disappointed you are. Usually a doctor's office or at least my doctor's office and another one I have been to will contract those people in and do have choices on who works for them. I would at least let them know how you were treated. There is no excuse for that! Do you really want to spend the rest of your pregnancy having second thoughts about the baby being a boy because your u/s tech was such a Stick in the MUD (i am being WAY to nice with words)!!! LOL! I would demand another u/s with another technician. Did you get pictures??? Maybe you could talk about it to your doctor in person, I am sure he/she has more pull and would be more than happy to schedule you another one and if not at least reprimand that Technician so it may not happen to others. How disappointing. Also why would she not have your DH in the room to tell you such important news about YOUR baby??? OUr tech almost started crying because we were crying and she really made our experience special by really explaining the images to us. I would stand up to this and tell them how you feel and don't hold anything back. Just my opinion!

In any case, I am so happy for you and DH!!! I will never forget the first time I saw Maddy!! wub.gif Congratulations on seeing your little guy!!! wub.gif

--------------------
JENNY
Happily Married to Josh, the LOVE of my LIFE!
Mommy to Madelyn Rae April 15, 2004
PMEmail Poster
ediep
Posted: Mar 11 2004, 01:13 PM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Member No.: 81

yay!! I guessed boy!!! Congrats!!!
Sorry your tech was rude!

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo

chloe&tysmommy
Posted: Mar 11 2004, 01:16 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (jen @ Mar 11 2004, 01:50 PM)
Also why would she not have your DH in the room to tell you such important news about YOUR baby??? OUr tech almost started crying because we were crying and she really made our experience special by really explaining the images to us. I would stand up to this and tell them how you feel and don't hold anything back. Just my opinion!

I was soooo shocked when she looked at me and said that!! I couldn't believe it either that she wouldn't wait until dh was there!!! sheesh!!! She definitely made it sound like it was NO big deal...argh!

I was thinking about telling my doctor about this..but now I will for sure mention ALL of this. I go for an appt on the 25th so I can ask him then smile.gif Thanks for your support smile.gif
I feel sorry for the ladies that have this tech for their u/s...I loved the lady we had when I was pregnant with Chloe (same place), she was sooo nice and she at least talked to us

I will update when I see the doctor ...

--------------------
~Crystal~

PMEmail PosterMSN
jen
Posted: Mar 11 2004, 01:21 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 263

That is good!!! You should and have every right to knock off some heads! Update us! and I would DEMAND another ultrasound by someone else! Good Luck Sweetie!!!! Nice people make such a difference! the mean ones should work in a dark factory and not deal with people at all! LOL!

--------------------
JENNY
Happily Married to Josh, the LOVE of my LIFE!
Mommy to Madelyn Rae April 15, 2004
PMEmail Poster
chloe&tysmommy
Posted: Mar 11 2004, 01:29 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (jen @ Mar 11 2004, 02:21 PM)
That is good!!!  You should and have every right to knock off some heads!  Update us!  and I would DEMAND another ultrasound by someone else!  Good Luck Sweetie!!!!  Nice people make such a difference!  the mean ones should work in a dark factory and not deal with people at all! LOL!

I will definitely update!!!

and LOL laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
~Crystal~

PMEmail PosterMSN
A&A'smommy
Posted: Mar 11 2004, 01:31 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

You know I forgot but I guessed a boy too LOL! Are you excited about having a boy?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0192 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]