Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Supermom
MommyToAshley
  Posted: Aug 25 2003, 12:32 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

If you happen to check in, how are you feeling? I know you are BF, hehe, so how is that going? Hope you are getting some rest!

Oh, and just have to say it again, CONGRATS, Emily is soooo adorable. I just want to reach through the monitor and hold her!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
supermom
Posted: Aug 25 2003, 09:43 PM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

Actually, we are doing great - I guess practice makes perfect? LOL!!! Going great with BF - I really haven't kept track of how often she's eating, or how long, but it's definately on demand. She has taken a long afternoon nap the last two days and then last night was awake from 2 to 4 am - but hopefully tonight without everyone poking and prodding us in the hospital, we'll get some more sleep. Anyone who thinks you get REST in a hospital - ROFL!! As much as they poke and prod and test you.....

Anders is a little jealous (expected) but he asks to hold her too, and kisses and hugs her...it's SO cute. He's asked to nurse a little more often (also expected) but have actually only had them both at the same time once - teehee.....

Was really suprised at how little even the nurses knew about BM and it "coming in" - both of them commented about how my milk should already be in, but I had told them that I had read that it was now colostrum and would be just like me not already nursing. Then they admitted they didn't know - maybe now they'll go and study up - teehee!!

But we did go to work today - lol - so we're back at it, and will go in as normal the rest of the week. Everyone has been coming by to visit and it's been a little hectic, but worth it.

Emily is great - she is so amazing. I think I'm even more in awe this time than the last......it still is just the greatest feeling in the world!

I am working on her birth story, and her website, but probably won't have much done before weekend. <<HUGS>> to you all - and thanks - miss ya!

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN
MomToMany
Posted: Aug 26 2003, 03:06 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

thumb.gif Glad everything is going well for you, supermom! I've been wondering how you guys were doing, too, and it sounds like everything is going as smooth as can be expected!

So, what does DH think about his little girl?

supermom
Posted: Aug 26 2003, 03:49 AM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

QUOTE (teddybearmom @ Aug 26 2003, 06:06 AM)
So, what does DH think about his little girl?

Are you kidding? She is the apple of his eye!! But he is such a wonderful daddy - I could not have ever asked for better.

--------------------
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
MomToMany
Posted: Aug 26 2003, 03:56 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

wub.gif Awww...how sweet! I'm glad he's enjoying fatherhood, AGAIN!
MomofTay&Sam
Posted: Aug 26 2003, 08:22 AM
Quote Post

I can fish/make fire/be your friend! :)

Member No.: 171

I am so happy everything is going great for you guys! Hurry up with the birth story! LOL I can't wait much longer. smile.gif I need alot of pics to! smile.gif (demanding arnt I?) laugh.gif

--------------------
Mommy to two wonderful boys!

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
kimberley
  Posted: Aug 26 2003, 09:16 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

glad to hear all is going so well! i can't believe you are doing so much so soon! you should be relaxing missy!!!

i am constantly amazed at how many health care professionals are so incredibly clueless about many, many things. good thing we educate ourselves!

your little girl is absolutely precious and i can't wait to read your full birth story and see more pics!

hugs,
kimberley wavey.gif
supermom
Posted: Aug 26 2003, 09:34 AM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

LOL - well, I *could* stay home and look at the remodeling mess, watch Anders alone, and just be bored - ROFL - but it's really more rest if I go to work....teehee....I get help with Emily and Anders from DH and I am not tempted to do the physical remodeling that way!!

--------------------
and Emily, almost 2

Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Aug 26 2003, 09:40 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

so I am guessing you did have her VBAC, since you are out of the Hospital and back to work.

she is soo cute! Course I am partail to little girls wub.gif

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
Kirstenmumof3
Posted: Aug 26 2003, 10:15 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

CONGRATULATIONS! Hope all continues to go well!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
CantWait
Posted: Aug 26 2003, 01:02 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

So glad that things are going well for you supermom. Can't Wait to hear the birth story and see more pics of Emily. wub.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 26 2003, 01:08 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Aww that is so great!!! I am glad you all are doing well and that BF is going well!!!! Take care. wub.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Aug 26 2003, 06:28 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

That's awesome... so glad you are doing so well. But, make sure you take it easy, don't do too much work!

It sounds like Anders and Emily are sooo cute together! wub.gif I can't wait to read the birth story.

Hmmm, I wonder if you can send the hospital a bill for BF educational services. You know the hospital would charge you a counseling fee, LOL. rolling_smile.gif

<<HUGS>>

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0168 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]