Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Only 9 and it happened already
My2Beauties
Posted: Aug 14 2005, 03:01 PM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 467

Yep Desiree became a woman last night wacko.gif ALREADY! Her mom called Brian and I around 11:00 pm and I heard Brian say huh blink.gif ?? Do what?? Then he goes here, Staci wants to tell you something and I get on the phone and she says guess what? Our girl became a little woman tonight!!!

Can you believe she is only 9 and started her period already blink.gif unsure.gif Oh Lord the emotions, the cramps, the hormones - here we go - HELLO teenage years! bawling.gif

Oh guys - I am giong to spend the next 9 years going crazy wacko.gif laugh.gif !!!!!

I didn't have to worry about pads and boobs until I was like 12/13 years old - they start 'em young nowadays!

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
akbutterfly83
Posted: Aug 14 2005, 04:17 PM
Quote Post

Mom to two wonderful boys!!!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,082

I know how that is.... everyone in my family...... started @ 9, exept my step-sister... she was 11......

wow.... congrads on becoming a young lady......

--------------------
Ivy(24), SAHM to Mason Ray(3) and Mikel Melvin-Jay(10 months)

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
mammag
Posted: Aug 14 2005, 04:37 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,050

That is young. I'm thinking Kristen will go along with where I was... 14. Or....I hope anyway! I'm not ready for that soon.

--------------------
Jeanie - SAHM to Kristen 13, Cade 12, Conner 8, Keegan 3

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 14 2005, 05:53 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Yikes! I fear hearing things like this, I sure hope my girls don't have their early. dry.gif sad.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
MissyKay2005
Posted: Aug 14 2005, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 2,065

I got mine at 10 and hearing about this makes me glad i am having another boy...lol.

--------------------
Mother of two boys. Brandon, who is 10# and Boden, who is 1#. We have one on the way due in Jan.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Mommy2BAK
Posted: Aug 14 2005, 06:44 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 843

Aww, poor girl. I always feel so bad for these girls that have to mature so fast and learn to use pads and such. sad.gif I was 14 (the last of my friends) when I started. So I was ready and praying for it to come along. Stupid, I know rolleyes.gif

--------------------
~TAMARA~
Blessed mother to Blakely (7/12/04), Ayden (9/21/07), Addison and Avery (7/2/08)
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
mummy2girls
Posted: Aug 14 2005, 08:06 PM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

Wow! thats is early. I was in grade 8 when i got mine so lets hope jenna is that old as well:)

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
My2Beauties
Posted: Aug 15 2005, 07:07 PM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

I had just turned 12 and Desiree's mom, Staci, was 10 when she got hers. So we were both young, not that Desiree's has anything to do with mine, but Hanna's will. Yeah she is acting like it's no biggie neither! She called me Sunday and was like hey LeaAnn do you have any spare pads my period went away today but it might come back and mom doesn't have her bank card to get any money out. I was like blink.gif you just said the word period so nonchalant - at 9 I would have freaked at even saying the words "my period" together! It doesn't help that she already looks like she is 13, maybe 14 and teenage boys look at her! We have our hands full, if you see me on America's Most Wanted it's because I went cuckoo on a 16 year old boy trying to talk to my 9 year old stepdaughter emlaugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
ediep
Posted: Aug 16 2005, 04:10 AM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Member No.: 81

oohh, poor thing? Was she happy about it? I was 9 when I started mine and I was not happy about it!! I was so embarresed, I didn't tell any of my friends about it until a year or 2 later

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Aug 16 2005, 04:45 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

My Katie was the same age and I almost cried thinking this is to young sad.gif

But it doesnt seem to bother her any more she is 12 now

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
TANNER'S MOM
Posted: Aug 16 2005, 05:22 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 824

My Tiffany was 9..and it was hard.

Her body grew faster than her mind. At first she was like Oh yeah..then it HIT her that she had no idea what was going on..

We actually put her on the pill..but she didnt know it was the PILL..its her hormones..because he breast devolped at an amazing rate aslo..32c now..at almost 12..the DR felt she needed to slow down and regulate and it has helped her.

But every girl is different..

When my girls did I made it a BIG day..we went and shopped for BIG girl stuff. A cute new purse and whatever else they wanted. I made it a big day..

Mel

--------------------
PM
boysmom
Posted: Aug 17 2005, 12:03 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,363

That is young, I was 13. Kid's are going through puberty a lot younger aren't they? My 9 yr old son has started I think, his emotions are up and down and all over the place, he's had 2 pimples and has developed a real interest in girls. I am not ready for this yet!! wacko.gif
PMEmail Poster
Sarah&Mackenzie
Posted: Aug 17 2005, 05:47 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 1,956

That is young, but I guess I would say that only because I started mine in 1991 I was in 8th grade. Well I am glad she is handling it well.

--------------------
Photobucket
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
A&A'smommy
Posted: Aug 17 2005, 05:48 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

OMG I can't believe I missed this

Welcome to Woman hood, Desiree!!!

All I can say is POOR girl!! I got mine when I was 12 but my breast never really "sprouted" wacko.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

Jamielou
Posted: Aug 17 2005, 05:54 AM
Quote Post

~ laney bug ~

Member No.: 1,829

my neice just started hers and she is 11 i thought that was yound. but i was 12. biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Aug 17 2005, 08:06 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

I was 11 when I started mine. I dont want my girls to start that early.

Lisa
PMEmail Poster
My2Beauties
Posted: Aug 17 2005, 11:33 AM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

She acts like it doesn't bother her, but let me tell ya - it bothers me! This goes back to Rocky's post in GD about what is in our milk and in our meat! Girls nowadays are developing so fast. She has been growing boobs since she was 7 and other things since that time too. She has to shave her armpits and has been for quite some time now, she is in elementary school for pete's sake sad.gif Poor girl, she is as big as me. I know I am not a big person but to be right at 100 pounds and 5 foot tall at 9 is something, I don't outweigh her by much and I am only 3 inches taller than her unsure.gif Then you have Brian's little brother, Kenny who is 8, not even an entire year younger than her and he only weighs like 50 pounds and is no where near my height blink.gif How can that be? I know girls mature faster, but to almost double the boys weight - it's crazy! let me tell ya girlfriend has the body of a 15 year old teenage girl blush.gif and it is so scary!

--------------------
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Aug 17 2005, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

Yeah... I had big ones at 10 years old...had my period at 9 as well...

I was more developped that other kids my age, that`s for sure.... and my mom practically forcefed me milk until I was like 12

I HAD to have a small glasss in the morning, and a decent glass with supper, everyday.

Now I pretty much only have milk in my cereal, which is like 2x a week... and I have a few sips after I eat something really sweet, which doesn`t happen too often.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Aug 17 2005, 12:00 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

Sorry to chime in when I don't have teenagers myself, but as I've told ya all, I was 17 when I got mine and that was only because my mom put me on BC to get it started. SO who knows when it would have actually started on it's own! Anyway, it's not always true that you develop exactly the way your mother had. Look at my situation. My mom was young when she started, so was my sister. Just proves that we're all very unique and that nothing is predictable when it comes to our children's development. It's why I'm so darn sick of hearing MIL compare DH to my DS. Also goes back to the post about kids doing things on their own time.

BTW, a good friend of mine was 6 when she got AF!!! Now that's young...poor thing hid her panties in the closet.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
PMEmail Poster
mckayleesmom
Posted: Aug 17 2005, 01:48 PM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Member No.: 157

I was 10 and it was Thanksgiving day.....I was not Thankful for it either.

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster
Giasmommy
Posted: Aug 18 2005, 05:44 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,324

My DD is 9 also...I can't imagine her starting already! I just discussed this with her over the summer. Mostly because she has a few older friends and I didn't want her learning about it from them. I didn't start until 8th grade....I hope she takes after me and waits a while.
PMEmail Poster
My2Beauties
Posted: Aug 18 2005, 05:53 AM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

QUOTE (mckayleesmom @ Aug 17 2005, 04:48 PM)
I was 10 and it was Thanksgiving day.....I was not Thankful for it either.

laugh.gif Sorry but that was so funny the way you said that!

--------------------
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM
Ashlynn's Mommy
Posted: May 25 2006, 12:28 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 3,771

Hi everyone, I'm new to the board. It is such a coincidense that I found this topic. My daughter is also 9, and she has been complaining that her stomach has been bothering her. It's obvious that she started to develop (little bumps I call them). I'm so worried about this. I have no idea what I would say to her. I am so not ready for this!! help.gif .

Lonnie wavey.gif

--------------------

user posted image
user posted image
PMUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
A&A'smommy
Posted: May 25 2006, 01:17 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

QUOTE (Ashlynn's Mommy @ May 25 2006, 02:28 PM)
Hi everyone, I'm new to the board. It is such a coincidense that I found this topic. My daughter is also 9, and she has been complaining that her stomach has been bothering her. It's obvious that she started to develop (little bumps I call them). I'm so worried about this. I have no idea what I would say to her. I am so not ready for this!! help.gif .

Lonnie wavey.gif

this post is almost a year old but if you would like to talk to someone about it go ahead and start a new post! smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
beavair
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 08:42 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 8,716

That freaks me out...my daughter is 8 and my newest concern was whether or not to tell her the truth about Santa and the Easter Bunny! I am NOT ready for her to get her period. I have been reading to her a wonderful age appropriate series called God's Design for Sex (I believe-if anyone wants to know I will double check.) It is very matter of fact so she has heard about changes and how babies are actually made and that sex is a gift from God for a husband and wife. I guess its time to talk to her more about her body and getting her period. I was told American Girl has a great book on girls' bodies/changes.

I found out my 8 year old niece is getting pubic hair-it was a shock for her and obviously her mom (and me!). Her ped did recommend hormone free milk, eggs, etc... months ago as she was getting greasy hair/sweaty pits but doesnt seem to have done a whole lot of good! I grew up on regular milk/eggs/etc... (not sure if we had the same hormones in dairy back then) and I didnt get my period until my freshman year in highschool! I didnt get boobs until I was in college-and barely even then!
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0177 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]