Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Community Service Project
MommyToAshley
  Posted: Mar 16 2010, 09:52 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Ashley's Brownie troop helped with a literacy initiative for the area schools. They had an author and illustrator come in and talk to the kids, and then Ashley's Brownie troop helped with art projects that go along with the story. Ashley just LOVED helping the younger kids. You could tell she just got so much joy out of teaching the younger kids. Ashley says she wants to be a rock star when she grows up, but I bet she'll lean towards teaching. She's always enjoyed helping younger kids.

Here's a picture of her reading the instructions to one of the girls that couldn't read yet.

Attached Image
Attached Image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
amymom
Posted: Mar 17 2010, 02:19 AM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,308

very sweet! love2.gif

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 17 2010, 06:54 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Very sweet!!!! wub.gif love2.gif wub.gif

BTW, those are two good professions, rock star and teacher. tongue.gif Better than Kylie's. She is adamant she's going to be a farmer. I'm not sure whether to be excited about that or not. tongue.gif blush.gif I told her she had to go to college first and then if she wants to be a farmer, so be it. laugh.gif ETA: At least she wants to be an organic farmer. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by coasterqueen on Mar 17 2010, 06:56 AM

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

MommyToAshley
Posted: Mar 17 2010, 10:00 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Mar 17 2010, 10:54 AM)

BTW, those are two good professions, rock star and teacher. tongue.gif Better than Kylie's. She is adamant she's going to be a farmer. I'm not sure whether to be excited about that or not. tongue.gif blush.gif I told her she had to go to college first and then if she wants to be a farmer, so be it. laugh.gif ETA: At least she wants to be an organic farmer. tongue.gif

I think that's cute that she wants to be a farmer. She wants to be "green" like her Mommy. wub.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
amymom
Posted: Mar 17 2010, 11:28 AM
Quote Post

The kids!!

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Mar 17 2010, 09:54 AM)

She can look into agricultural college. There are quite a few around here. My friend is a farmer and went to Cornell University as did her husband and now her oldest is attending. All agricultural majors. We need well-educated farmers.

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
amymom
Posted: Mar 18 2010, 07:42 AM
Quote Post

The kids!!

QUOTE (MommyToAshley @ Mar 18 2010, 10:20 AM)
QUOTE (amymom @ Mar 17 2010, 03:28 PM)
QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Mar 17 2010, 09:54 AM)
Very sweet!!!!  wub.gif  love2.gif  wub.gif

BTW, those are two good professions, rock star and teacher.   tongue.gif   Better than Kylie's.  She is adamant she's going to be a farmer.  I'm not sure whether to be excited about that or not.   tongue.gif  blush.gif   I told her she had to go to college first and then if she wants to be a farmer, so be it.   laugh.gif  ETA:  At least she wants to be an organic farmer.   tongue.gif

She can look into agricultural college. There are quite a few around here. My friend is a farmer and went to Cornell University as did her husband and now her oldest is attending. All agricultural majors. We need well-educated farmers.

thumb.gif

I am sorry, I never responded about Ashley.

I just read an article about Tony Danza. He is an actor and not a rock star, but still alrger than life. Tony is teaching a middle school class. It was an interesting article. So Ashley can be a rock star who teaches. She would be great at either. Look how she did at the recital, and above in that picture she looks like she was intent on getting the info over to the other child.
thumb.gif

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
kimberley
Posted: Mar 18 2010, 08:46 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 249

wub.gif she is so awesome!

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0118 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]