Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Anyone do the Dance Dance Revolution?
coasterqueen
  Posted: Feb 2 2006, 06:25 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 236

Dh's friend and his girlfriend got the Dance Dance Revolution (DDR) software and mat for Christmas and they LOVE it. I've always told Dh I wanted to do that because it looked so cool and would be an awesome workout. The problem is we don't have a Play Station or an Xbox. Well, Dh bought one with 2 of his friends a few years ago, but then he decided he didn't have the time to play it and kept it at his friends house. Well he called his friend today and asked if he's using it anymore and he said no because he got an Xbox and said we could have it since we helped pay for it. Soooooo Dh said I could get a DDR mat and software. How cool! He's such a sweetheart thinking about me and my goal to weight loss. wub.gif

Has anyone done this? Just wondering what you think of it? I'm hoping I'm coordinated enough to do it. I used to be a good dancer, not sure what I can do now. happy.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Feb 2 2006, 06:59 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

No, I've never done this. It does sound really neat and I'm sure it gives you a great workout. thumb.gif I can't wait to hear about it.

I'm still dying to buy the Carmen Electra strip workout DVD. laugh.gif I've been wanting to do that since I saw Teri Hatcher on Oprah. rolling_smile.gif blush.gif
PMEmail Poster
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Feb 2 2006, 08:07 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

My best friend and I did this nearly every weekend in HS at the local arcade! I LOVE it. I have never tried the mat version but I'm guessing it's probably about the same. It is totally a great workout even if you're not very coordinated (which I'm not emlaugh.gif ).

Just a note - it helped me a lot to count the beat of the song in my head to anticipate the timing of the steps. Of course I was used to counting beats from marching band but that's just my 2cents.gif

This post has been edited by brookeandmadisonsmom on Feb 2 2006, 08:07 PM
PMEmail Poster

MomToJade&Jordan
Posted: Feb 2 2006, 08:37 PM
Quote Post

Nothing like having a sister...

Member No.: 212

I have, but it was a slow one because I was pg and unable to get down. rolling_smile.gif It is a great work out though and fun to boot. I might have to get that myself now that I think about it.

--------------------
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie6th to 18th Ticker

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.

I've been hugged by Lisa, Kelly, Jennifer, Erika, Jimmie, Nichole, Kimberly, and Tammy. Thanks ladies!
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
luvmykids
Posted: Feb 2 2006, 09:38 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

I haven't tried it but it looks like sooo much fun! Let us know what you think of it!
PMEmail Poster
luvbug00
Posted: Feb 3 2006, 06:55 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

I have and do! I love the wookout program on it! SOO cool! it's the best for working up a sweat and giving you a headache at the same time! emlaugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 3 2006, 06:59 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (Maddie&EthansMom @ Feb 2 2006, 08:59 PM)
No, I've never done this. It does sound really neat and I'm sure it gives you a great workout. thumb.gif I can't wait to hear about it.

I'm still dying to buy the Carmen Electra strip workout DVD. laugh.gif I've been wanting to do that since I saw Teri Hatcher on Oprah. rolling_smile.gif blush.gif

I have Carmen's DVD 1 and 2. DVD 1 is the basic dance lesson but a decent workout. I usually have to do some cardio afterwards because even though you can get your heart rate up with 1, I need more, lol. DVD 2 is the Fit to Strip one and I love it! I'm going to get the rest of them when I get some more money. tongue.gif

I hope to get the DDR mat and software this weekend. I think I'm just going to get a cheapy mat first to see how much I like it and then go from there. I hope we can find them in the stores this weekend instead of having to order it. I'm so impatient. happy.gif I love to dance and would love my girls to enjoy it just as much so I'm hoping Kylie picks up a few things from it too because Dh says she has no rhythm. She doesn't, she dances like him. happy.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 3 2006, 07:00 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (MomToJade&Jordan @ Feb 2 2006, 10:37 PM)
I have, but it was a slow one because I was pg and unable to get down. rolling_smile.gif It is a great work out though and fun to boot. I might have to get that myself now that I think about it.

laugh.gif Sorry Carrie Ann, but I envisioned you pg on that mat and it gave me a chuckle. I'm not sure I'll look so hot doing it myself, but I can't WAIT to try it out!!!!

Hey, maybe Jade will like it too. I'm hoping Kylie will.

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 3 2006, 07:01 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (happymom @ Feb 3 2006, 08:55 AM)
I have and do! I love the wookout program on it! SOO cool! it's the best for working up a sweat and giving you a headache at the same time! emlaugh.gif

So is there different software, or one basic software? What kind of mat do you have? Sorry for the questions. I'm trying to figure this all out before we go look this weekend. happy.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
5littleladies
Posted: Feb 3 2006, 07:31 AM
Quote Post

Lissie

Member No.: 116

Funny you should bring this up because I keep meaning to post about it! tongue.gif With my wrist problems right now, all I can do is DDR. rolleyes.gif We have a Game Cube and so we use the Mario version, but it is really a decent workout ( I always work up a good sweat) and it's too much fun! And my girls LOVE to do it! I highly recommend it! thumb.gif

--------------------
~*~Jennifer~*~
Wife to Jason, Mom to Madeline, Megan, Brianna,
Alyssa, Kate, and our babies in heaven-Benjamin, 8/13/04, and David, 8/01/07

Jen's Blog
PMEmail PosterMSN
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Feb 3 2006, 08:05 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

I love DDR! We have the Mario version, too. The PlayStation version has more songs I think.

I put Andrew in his Jumperoo and turn him so he can see both me and the tv and he loves watching! happy.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 3 2006, 08:13 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (~Roo'sMama~ @ Feb 3 2006, 10:05 AM)
I love DDR! We have the Mario version, too. The PlayStation version has more songs I think.

I put Andrew in his Jumperoo and turn him so he can see both me and the tv and he loves watching! happy.gif

laugh.gif Do you ever wonder what he's thinking about when watching you do that? Megan is way too mobile now and refuses to be in her jumperoo, but when she was and I would dance around she would just look at me with this big grin. I'm thinking she's thinking I must be insane, lol.

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Feb 3 2006, 02:22 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

Yes we went through 4 mats but if your going to get it get the expensive mats that they sell bc for some reason the cheaper mats break and hang on to the store reciept wink.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
coasterqueen
Posted: Feb 3 2006, 07:45 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

QUOTE (gr33n3y3z @ Feb 3 2006, 04:22 PM)
Yes we went through 4 mats but if your going to get it get the expensive mats that they sell bc for some reason the cheaper mats break and hang on to the store reciept wink.gif

Thanks Lisa. We briefly looked at mats tonight and I think we are going to go with a more expensive mat. Not the highest priced one, but a better quality one. And I'll hold onto the receipt good thought. Can't wait to get it this weekend. thumb.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~

PMEmail Poster

jacobsmama
Posted: Feb 3 2006, 07:56 PM
Quote Post

KRISTI :)

Member No.: 2,060

I LOVE DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION!!!!! It is soo fun, and I put jacob on the pad beside me and he goes crazy too. It get a great sweat going. We have an xbox and we bought it. We bought 2 pads at like walmart for I think 17 dollars and they have lasted us quite some time...Great thing to do! tongue.gif

--------------------

Mother to Jacob & Conner. Wife to Loren
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
Brias3
Posted: Mar 24 2006, 09:28 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,419

Oh its FUN! I used to be a dancer too and believe me, some of those sequences get FAST! You really need to be alert and on top of it. Doing the lower level ones isn't a great workout if you're used to a faster pace but its a fun thing to have. Ryan does it too- in fact, he's nearly better than me!

--------------------
Bria,
Wife to Bruce
Mom to Ryan (10), Aliyah (8), and Mason (5)

PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Mar 24 2006, 09:32 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

The kids had it (mat is broken now). I thought I looked bad kickboxing... I REALLY looked bad doing dance-dance. laugh.gif

My kids were real good at it though!

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
NEWMOM05
Posted: Mar 24 2006, 10:13 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 3,294

Okay, we just got a playstation 2. Does our system have a DDR software and mat available? I'm looking for a good workout and hey, if it help me have a little rythmn my Dh is all for it. blush.gif

--------------------
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com

Lilypie Baby Ticker
PMEmail Poster
5littleladies
Posted: Mar 25 2006, 06:23 AM
Quote Post

Lissie

Member No.: 116

QUOTE (NEWMOM05 @ Mar 25 2006, 12:13 AM)
Okay, we just got a playstation 2. Does our system have a DDR software and mat available? I'm looking for a good workout and hey, if it help me have a little rythmn my Dh is all for it. blush.gif

Absolutely! thumb.gif Any electronic store (such as Best Buy) or mabye even Target or Wal-Mart should have it. smile.gif

--------------------
~*~Jennifer~*~
Wife to Jason, Mom to Madeline, Megan, Brianna,
Alyssa, Kate, and our babies in heaven-Benjamin, 8/13/04, and David, 8/01/07

Jen's Blog
PMEmail PosterMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0151 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]