Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Need to dump workout buddy
ammommy
  Posted: Jan 8 2006, 04:53 AM
Quote Post

Happy Easter!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,117

My neighbor and I have been workout buddies for a couple of months now but I really need to dump her and don't know how to do it nicely. We do get each other to the gym, which is good, but she likes to chat while working out. I just don't have the extra breath to work out (like running on the treadmill) at the intensity I need and keep up a conversation. I've told her this, but she keeps being chatty Cathy. How do I nicely tell her to either zip it or we have to work out seperately?

--------------------
Lisa, SAHM to Megan and Alec
PMEmail Poster
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: Jan 8 2006, 07:35 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

Personally, I would just tell her the truth. Nicely mention that you are working out at a high intensity and will not be able to talk during it. Or maybe tell her that you need some music for motivation and pop on some headphones it you want to be less confrontational.

I hope everything works out for you!
PMEmail Poster
Freckled Momma
Posted: Jan 8 2006, 10:06 AM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 3,065

Well, maybe just tell her she can chat away all she wants, just don't expect you to answer...lol Might be all she's wanting to do anyway blahblah.gif Or maybe wait til she gets on one machine at the gym and tell her you gonna shake up your routine and start somewhere else then will meet up with her when you are both done?

Good Luck with whatever you decide to do just don't stop working out!... biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

CantWait
Posted: Jan 8 2006, 11:02 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

I'm mean, I would just ignore her. For me, it's just nice knowing that I have someone I know right beside me working wout, talking or not. I'm the same way, I slow down when there's chit chat..I've been there before, and I just choose not to talk back. Good Luck.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jan 8 2006, 11:31 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

Yeah I think I'd just ignore her too - and tell her nicely not to think you're being rude when you don't talk back to her because you need to start working harder and want to save your breath.

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
1moremakes4
Posted: Jan 8 2006, 01:16 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,446

I like the idea of wearing headphones. The gym my girlfriend and I went to had TV's you could watch while using the bikes or treadmils. We would both put the headphones on and watch TV during our workout. Then we would pretty much separate because we were working on different things and meet up after we were done.
Good luck!

--------------------
Beth
Wife to Tripp, mommy to Taylor and Kamryn

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
mammykat
Posted: Jan 10 2006, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,947

Ignoring would work cause it doesn't look like you're ignoring her. Go thru your w/o, listen to her but don't answer, just nod occasionally, and breath heavy which you'll be doing from exercising. she'll soon get the message and mebbe it'll motivate her to wo.
PMEmail Poster
CosmetologyMommy
Posted: Jan 11 2006, 07:53 AM
Quote Post

Aunt Emily and Aidan!!!!!

Member No.: 2,733

Tell her and if it still doesn't work, bring headphones. That should give her the message lol....I know, it's rude.... tongue.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
ammommy
Posted: Jan 11 2006, 08:00 AM
Quote Post

Happy Easter!

Member No.: 1,117

QUOTE (CosmetologyMommy @ Jan 11 2006, 10:53 AM)
Tell her and if it still doesn't work, bring headphones. That should give her the message lol....I know, it's rude.... tongue.gif

That's what I ended up doing tongue.gif I told her that I needed to work out with my ipod to keep me going. She stuck by me for about 15 minutes then went to hang out in the hot tub. She's just not really motivated, I think.

--------------------
Lisa, SAHM to Megan and Alec
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0172 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]