Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Jakob and his not a friend anymore friend
boyohboyohboy
  Posted: Sep 2 2008, 03:06 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,466

Jakob was outside today, feeling left out since his older brother was at school and left him behind....
he happened upon a praying mantis and for a long time these two seemed to play nicely together..well Jake finally got the nerve to touch him and he was petting his (really long ugly back) and then he started screaming really loud and crying and he said it bit him. I have research these little (did I mention very ugly) critters and it says they do not bite, but Jake swears it did. and he certainly cried for a while over it...

does anyone know if they can bite?

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
jacobsmama
Posted: Sep 2 2008, 03:45 PM
Quote Post

KRISTI :)

Member No.: 2,060

awww poor guy, They c annot bite.

--------------------

Mother to Jacob & Conner. Wife to Loren
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Sep 2 2008, 03:46 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

QUOTE (jacobsmama @ Sep 2 2008, 07:45 PM)
awww poor guy, They c annot bite.

so do you think it was their little claws that got him? he definately had a red mark on his finger.

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website

jacobsmama
Posted: Sep 2 2008, 06:45 PM
Quote Post

KRISTI :)

Member No.: 2,060

hmmmm maybe?? or did he scratch it on something else?

--------------------

Mother to Jacob & Conner. Wife to Loren
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
cameragirl21
Posted: Sep 2 2008, 06:53 PM
Quote Post

Treehugger and proud

Member No.: 4,205

When I was in college at Carnegie Mellon (in Pennsylvania where apparently there are quite a few of these) I was walking minding my own business one day (shortly after I arrived to school) and as I walked by a bush, something...grabbed me...grabbed my wrist. I was startled and looked down and there was a large green praying mantis, looking me in the eye with some wisdom that only those who don't speak can know. There was something so wise and knowing in that creature's eyes...I could have sworn it would just open its mouth and speak. Anyway, I don't think they bite but they do grab, pretty hard and I imagine that can leave a mark. Idk where you live but my roommate, who was from the Pittsburgh area said it's illegal to kill a praying mantis in Pennsylvania, guess they're endangered or protected in some way.
They are harmless but they do grab hard. smile.gif

--------------------
Image hosted by ImageShack

user posted image
Another mother's breaking heart is taking over
When the violence causes silence
We must be mistaken....
--The Cranberries
PMEmail Poster
My2Beauties
Posted: Sep 4 2008, 12:59 PM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 467

QUOTE (cameragirl21 @ Sep 2 2008, 10:53 PM)
When I was in college at Carnegie Mellon (in Pennsylvania where apparently there are quite a few of these) I was walking minding my own business one day (shortly after I arrived to school) and as I walked by a bush, something...grabbed me...grabbed my wrist. I was startled and looked down and there was a large green praying mantis, looking me in the eye with some wisdom that only those who don't speak can know. There was something so wise and knowing in that creature's eyes...I could have sworn it would just open its mouth and speak. Anyway, I don't think they bite but they do grab, pretty hard and I imagine that can leave a mark. Idk where you live but my roommate, who was from the Pittsburgh area said it's illegal to kill a praying mantis in Pennsylvania, guess they're endangered or protected in some way.
They are harmless but they do grab hard. smile.gif

noooooo.gif

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipes! I am so deathly afraid of bugs - especially THOSE....THINGS! If I were you I would have died right there of a heart attack. I am seriously getting the jitters thinking about it. huh.gif unsure.gif Don't laugh - I'm serious guys, I am that bad about bugs! blush.gif

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0227 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]