Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> co-sleeping
kimberley
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 03:55 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 249

guys, i am so tired. i love co-sleeping but K has brought it to a new level of discomfort. she not only needs to sleep with us, but she has to be touching one of us. last night she woke me several times trying to get her head on my shoulder and ended up sideways and kicked dh out of bed. (she slept the whole time) wacko.gif wacko.gif

i am not one to tear that comfort away from her, but we need sleep too! any advice?

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
luvbug00
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 04:51 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,984

Mya was 3 when i finally got her out of my bed. I know it's hard but there are several gradual techniques to get her out and not use the CIO method if that is what your trying to avoid.

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
booey2
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 04:52 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 101

hug.gif Oh, I am sorry you are going through this. It happened with Matthew, we were lucky and just before Thomas was born Matthew decided, with a little help from his dad that he was ready to sleep alone. Michael(DH) was just fed up with it all and let him know it at about 2am when he woke us all up one night. So after that night I had to put him to bed, lay with him til he fell asleep but at least he was in his own bed.

Not sure if this helps you are not but just wanted to let you know you are not alone in this. And breaking the circle of co-sleeping can be harder on you then her but it sounds like you need to do it now. hug.gif

--------------------
Terri

He is in a happier place.
PMEmail PosterMSN

kit_kats_mom
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 04:58 AM
Quote Post

Cary the Lemur

Member No.: 135

Sounds like Lauren. She is impossible to sleep with. At least she starts out in her room with Katherine but she is always is in bed with me by 1am and the games begin.

I have no suggestions but I'm going to watch this thread. thumb.gif

--------------------
Cary

PMEmail PosterMSN
lisar
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 05:30 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

I let Lexi do the co-sleeping thing. I learnt my lesson and didnt let Raygen do it. I had so much trouble getting Lexi out of my bed. It took a while. I would put her in her bed and make her go to sleep. And then in the middle of the night when she came to my bed, I would immediately put her back in her bed. Every single time. I did this for about 4-5 days straight with no sleep and she has slept in her bed ever since. It might not work for you or it might. Good luck.
PMEmail Poster
Calimama
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 05:44 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

Maybe you can get her a cool new big girl bed? Even if it's IN your room thats better than her being ON your bed and you guys missing out on sleep... kwim?
PMEmail Poster
lisar
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 05:47 AM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

QUOTE (Bellasmommy10 @ Jul 22 2008, 08:44 AM)
Maybe you can get her a cool new big girl bed? Even if it's IN your room thats better than her being ON your bed and you guys missing out on sleep... kwim?

Thats not a bad idea either. Thats what my BFF done. Her son co-slept and she got him a bed in the corner of her room and he did just fine, thats how they broke him
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 07:38 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

oh fun emlaugh.gif thats when I started to wean Alyssa out of my bed, it started with a mattress on the floor of my room aand I would help her fall asleep by laying with (we played, sung a few sogs and talked abouth what a big girl she was) she would end up back in our bed before the night was over with, and eventually we moved her into her own room but that took oooo at least 6months and she still ended up in our room before the night was over up until about 3 weeks before Autumn was born (we started when she was 2)

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
jcc64
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 08:14 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 108

Corey's still in my bed at 5, though we have a king-size, and she knows how to stake out a little territory for herself w/o annoying us. However, dh is fed up and wants her out. She starts out in her room, but always migrates in the middle of the night. We have a system where if she stays in her room all night, she gets 2 pennies in a jar. If she goes into her brothers' rooms, she gets 1 penny, if she comes in our room, she gives us a penny. When she gets to 10 pennies, she gets a big treat. So far there are only 2 pennies in the jar...... rolling_smile.gif

--------------------
Jeanne

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"
PMEmail Poster
DVFlyer
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 08:35 AM
Quote Post

Just a man

Member No.: 1,368

Our kids wander into out bed most nights too.

I'm about to break out the duct tape. wink.gif

--------------------
Convincing the world that the only way to solve the ongoing issues while raising children is PERSISTENCE. You have to keep trying things and not give up........ they eventually go away on their own. ;-)
PMEmail Poster
AlexsPajamaMama
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,473

QUOTE (jcc64 @ Jul 22 2008, 12:14 PM)
Corey's still in my bed at 5, though we have a king-size, and she knows how to stake out a little territory for herself w/o annoying us. However, dh is fed up and wants her out. She starts out in her room, but always migrates in the middle of the night. We have a system where if she stays in her room all night, she gets 2 pennies in a jar. If she goes into her brothers' rooms, she gets 1 penny, if she comes in our room, she gives us a penny. When she gets to 10 pennies, she gets a big treat. So far there are only 2 pennies in the jar...... rolling_smile.gif

Oh I really like this idea! I will have to try it!!
Alex has always slept in his own bed...up until recently and he is 4. I dont know for sure but it may have something to do with me being pregnant.
Lately before bed I tell him "make mommy really proud, stay in your bed all night" and we would do something special the next day if he did it.

I like the penny idea though!

--------------------
Michelle~Sahm to Alex,Wife to Greg
user posted image
Lilypie 1st Birthday TickerLilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL
kimberley
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 09:22 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

we bought her a new bed a couple of months ago and she will nap in it for the sitter but not me. i understand i work all day and it's our time for closeness... i just wish it was more sleep and less awake lol. we tried a mattress on the floor but she just ends up crawling back in our bed. wacko.gif

--------------------

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
kimberley
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 09:24 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

thumb.gif love the penny idea!

--------------------

PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

Sorry no advice. One, if not both boys, are in our bed every night. They start out in their own beds though. And then often times I find DH in THEIR bedroom. We do a lot of moving around! Sad that it has to work that way, but like anything, it won't be forever, right? wink.gif Hang in there.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0184 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]