Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Packing Question
Mommy2Isabella
Posted: May 31 2006, 08:51 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,075

With the recent move we haven't had cable or internet for about a month. I thought life was over, I couldn't get on here and spend my day talking with you guys! BUT NEVER FEAR I am back in action. We got cable and internet hooked up yesterday at the new place.

Things are getting more and more settled around here as the days go by. Isabella will be here soon and we are SO ANXIOUS to meet her. I have a doctor's appointment I think the beginning of next week so, we will see what they say as far as how she is coming along.

We are going to get the mattress for Isabella's bed this weekend, my Dad is buying that for us. Also, we are going to order her dresser this weekend, Sal's mom is getting us that smile.gif and I have a baby shower on the 24th of June, so hopefully that will take care of the rest of the odds and ends that we need but don't have, and whatever isn't taken care of there we can go out and get before it is to late.

[SIZE=7] Packing a Bag
I was wondering about packing a bag, I read a few places to do it when you are like 30 weeks or so. Well, I looked at countless numbers of lists of "THINGS TO PACK" but I want real experience ... so, what did you ladies pack, and for the guys, what did your SO pack?

Well, this is a rather long post and I want to put some of the baby stuff away and start the decorating ... so ... that is all for now!!!

--------------------
Jessica
Wife to Salvador 12.23.05
Mommy to
Isabella 8.8.06 & Isaia 1.2.08 & Ian 8.28.09
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: May 31 2006, 11:58 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,474

There's a post up in general pregnancy if you want to check that out....but this is what I packed:

robe
slippers
lots of socks and underwear
two nightgowns (that are easy to BF in)
pads
breast pads
camera
camcorder
toiletries (the usual)
things to pull your hair back
chapstick
massager with oil
going home oufit for me (sweats and nursing top)
going home outfit for baby
receiving blanket
t-shirts, socks, hats for baby
magazine

That's all I can think of! As far as for DH, he's not spending the night this time since we have another kiddo, but I think he just packed some sweats and a toothbrush, maybe some deoderant too!

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
My3LilMonkeys
Posted: May 31 2006, 03:08 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 2,419

Rae covered my whole list (and plenty I didn't bring!) except for a deck of cards, crackers/small snacks (the hospital I was in all the vending machines were far away) and cell phone (if allowed) to call long distance relatives.

My DH brought his Game boy and a few magazines in case my labor was long and he got bored.
PMEmail Poster

luvbug00
Posted: Jun 1 2006, 08:19 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

pack the list above and after you give birth they may give you some dipers ( at least ours did) pack books to read, or snacks, mini shampoo and conditioner, if you birth vagnialy you may need tucks pads ( hemmroids..very common) bring extras because the nurse comes only so often.( again IME) bring a comphy robe and going home clothes for you and baby. ummmm anything to pass the time. until you really get going it's a LONG feeling waiting game.

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
coasterqueen
Posted: Jun 1 2006, 08:24 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Besides the above mentioned...

baby book so they can make ink prints of baby's feet and so you can write stuff down that you want to remember quickly.

breast pump if you have one already - they can show you how to use it, etc.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
BAC'sMom
Posted: Jun 1 2006, 08:33 AM
Quote Post

Unregistered

The lists above are very good, looks like they covered just about everything. Only thing I did not see listed was a baby carseat. baby.gif
boyohboyohboy
Posted: Jun 1 2006, 01:30 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 3,466

I thought the list above was great, the only other thing I took, were some snacks, I agree the nurses only come around so often, and I was starving when I had my DS, it was in the middle of the night, and there was no food, and the cafe was closed.
also I always think hosp. food is pretty gross, I always told visitors when they came if they asked what to bring, told them to bring healthy snacks, or sandwhichs.

My husband packed one change of clothes, but didnt end up using it, and went home the next am to shower and change.

--------------------
Stacy, wife to Peter, mom to Caleb, Jakob, and Andrew

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MyLuvBugs
Posted: Jun 1 2006, 02:51 PM
Quote Post

myluvbugs was here...

Member No.: 2,471

Rae's list is excellent. Things that we had extra were:

Deck of cards (for bordem)
Ipod or CD player (for music whilst in labor)
Snacks for your DH (some hospitals provide this, but our first one didn't and after 10 1/2 hours of labor and him not eating....he was a little grouchy). lol smile.gif

Also, if you plan to labor in a tub....DH will need a swimsuit packed and maybe a change of clothes.

Copy of your Birth Plan (if you have one) is also important, and make sure that you have your insurance cards or info handy, just in case.

--------------------
Erika

Momma to Lorelei & Lexi
Wife to Steven
PMUsers Website
ZandersMama
Posted: Jun 6 2006, 03:54 PM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

travel yatzee tongue.gif and big underwear. i wear thongs and they do nothing to support the major pads needed after giving birth tongue.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN
ediep
Posted: Jun 6 2006, 04:49 PM
Quote Post

Jason's mommy

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 81

I was just talking about his today with a friend who is due this week

I packed 2 nightgowns, underwear, bras, socks, slippers, going home clothes (sweats) going home clothes for baby, CD's cd player, toiletries, glasses, contacts, hair bands,

the hospital gave me evrything else....pads, tucks, formula, recieving blankets, diapers,

--------------------
~*~*~*~Edie, Jason 9/23/02, and Emma 11/19/06~*~*~*~

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a troll post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post
PMAOLYahoo

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0139 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]