Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Teesa®©, from my friend in Canada
MomofTay&Sam
Posted: Nov 21 2003, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

I can fish/make fire/be your friend! :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 171

Teesa I passed this on to my very dear friend in Canada, this is her reply. I hope it helps in someway. Please know I am thinking of you and wish you guys only the best.

Gee I am so sorry to hear of the problems that she is having. Ok as far as I know there are no tough love programs in Canada,,but I could be wrong.And if there are I would be very suspicious of them..they have been known to do more damage than good.
Ok all that I can think of at this time is Mental Health. This is free to children and families in crisis. It is not run through the school system(School therapists really do not have enough training to deal with this magnitude of problems).It is through our medical system (Government)
They will provide a counsellor who is trained to deal with situations such as this. They will work with the whole family and the child concerned. I have used this resource with James and found it very helpful. Mind you his behaviour was not of a destructive nature..but more so for treatment of severe Anxiety disorder.They used the program called the "worry Dragon" and play therapy with him .He still uses the skills that he was taught now and again,,when needed. Like with any resource you have to be a very strong advocate and squeaky wheel to get the help that is needed. Tell her to phone and phone and see where her child is in the waiting list ,,,it also helps to have a family physician advocating for this too.Tell her not to give up ,,,it is a battle worth fighting .Please send her my best ,Lisa

--------------------
Mommy to two wonderful boys!

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0117 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]