Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY PJ
MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 10 2003, 06:42 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

birthday.gif birthday.gif forum_balloon.gif birthday.gif birthday.gif forum_balloon.gif

WOW! What an exciting birthday!

birthday.gif birthday.gif forum_balloon.gif birthday.gif birthday.gif forum_balloon.gif

I thought about putting this in the "general discussions" since you are an "adult" --how's that sound??!!?? But, to Mom, I am sure you are still her baby! smile.gif

Have a Great Birthday!!!!!

forum_balloon.gif forum_balloon.gif forum_balloon.gif forum_balloon.gif forum_balloon.gif forum_balloon.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
jdkjd
Posted: Apr 10 2003, 06:49 AM
Quote Post

Miss Bailey

Group: Members
Member No.: 85

party.gif birthday.gif forum_balloon.gif

Wow!! I can't even hardly remember what it was like to turn 18...so fun!

Jenn

--------------------
Jenn
Mother of Bailey (9/16/02) and Kiera Bryn (3/15/04)

Bailey and Kiera's Website
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
ashade75
Posted: Apr 10 2003, 06:52 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 6

partysmiley.gif party.gif partysmiley.gif party.gif partysmiley.gif party.gif

banana.gif banana.gif birthday.gif forum_balloon.gif birthday.gif birthday.gif banana.gif banana.gif

Happy Birthday!!!

--------------------
user posted image user posted image user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail PosterICQ

supermom
Posted: Apr 10 2003, 06:53 AM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Member No.: 26

And it makes your parent feel OLD OLD OLD!!

Happy Birthday to my "Baby" who is now officially an adult!! I wish you all the happiness and success in life that you can possibly handle, for you I wish enough......

jazzband.gif partysmiley.gif party.gif forum_balloon.gif party2.gif partying.gif birthday.gif partying.gif party2.gif forum_balloon.gif party.gif partysmiley.gif jazzband.gif

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN
supermom
Posted: Apr 10 2003, 07:03 AM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Member No.: 26

This didn't really belong in the jokes, but I will post it here, it just seems appropriate for today!

I wish you enough

Recently I overheard a father and daughter in their last moments together... The airline had announced her departure and standing near the security gate, they hugged and he said, "I love you. I wish you enough."

She in turn said, "Daddy, our life together has been more than enough... Your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too, Daddy."

They kissed and she left. He walked over toward the window where I was seated. Standing there I could see he wanted and needed to cry. I tried not to intrude on his privacy, but he welcomed me in by asking, "Did you ever say good-bye to someone knowing it would be forever?" "Yes, I have,"I replied. Saying that brought back memories I had of expressing my love and appreciation for all my Mom had done for me. Recognizing that her days were limited, I took the time to tell her face to face how much she meant to me. So I knew what this man was experiencing.

"Forgive me for asking, but why is this a forever good-bye?," I asked. "I am old and she lives much too far away. I have challenges ahead, and the reality is, the next trip back will be for my funeral," he said.

"When you were saying good-bye I heard you say, "I wish you enough." May ask what that means?"

He began to smile. "That's a wish that has been handed down from many generations, my parents used to say it to everyone." He paused for a moment. Looking up as if trying to remember it in detail, he smiled even more. "When we said 'I wish you enough,' we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with enough good things to sustain them," he continued and then turning toward me he shared the following:

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.

I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.

I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.

I wish enough "Hellos" to get you through the final "Good-byes."

He sighed deeply, and said "I wish you enough..." shook my hand and walked away.

Value can be found in our trials and tribulations. We all need to remember the bad things are as important as the blessings in life because they help to develop character and help us to realize the good that we have.

How would we appreciate joys in life without sorrow?

*I wish you enough*...

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Apr 10 2003, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Aweee, that's really nice. Thanks for sharing! And, I wish you enough...

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0129 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]