Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Girls can be evil.
christinecooD
Posted: Nov 3 2006, 12:38 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,601

I'm not just a parent of a teenager, im a teacher of about 200 teenage girls. I see them everyday, and my own in one of the classes.

I see girls be evil to eachother, worse than anything me and my friends ever did. Today I taught 5 classes, in four of the someone cried, and my own daughter came to me crying at the end of the day. I'm at wits end dealing wiht this. There is no way soemone can teach a class with all the tears, or the nasty comments being thrown around the room.

I do my best to stay out of the personal business, becuae I dont want the child who is being made fun of, or talked about, to feel worse, but I do call it at a stop when I cna clearly hear the whole conversation.

Any advice to end this nastinest in my classroom? Or any advice to say to my own child who is suffering the cliques, and that nasty stuff? I know we have all been there at one time, what can you say to a upset 15 year old, that somehow makes things a little better?
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Nov 3 2006, 01:31 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

My older daughter she is in 12th grade and its even going on there
Its a no win thing
this started back in grade school with her and it just never ended and you tell the school and they say I will find out what is going on and what not and nothing ever gets resolved.
I finelly told my daughter the next time someone is nasty to you and beats you mentally open up a can of whoop @** and dont stop bc if enough ppl. see you kicking the crap out of 1 person it will stop and I told the school what I told her to do and they said you cant do that I told them Oh your wrong there bc you were told and you didnt do anything about it.
Then she will get kicked out of school and I said it would be the best thing she ever learned from this school and we will see you in court.
But they are so mean its just down right wrong.
Sorry about your daughter but I hate to say this it wont get any better.
Maybe just a little suggestion next time in class it happends make them write a 10 page report on why they should be nice to others and its due in your hand the next day or they get a weeks detention.
Kids get away with so much in school and not saying you but teachers are lazy and just dont want to deal with it.
I hope everything works out for you
hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
redchief
Posted: Nov 3 2006, 02:47 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 800

I don't have any advice to give. I've seen what you're talking about too. It's strange though, because I don't have a real problem in my class (8th Grade religious ed). It's not that the girls in my class are incapable of meanness, just that they seem to leave it at home while they're with me. I know in other places and times these same girls are brutal towards each other. One thing I do know is this; I really clamp down on the boys. I don't allow them to make offhand comments about the girls in class, no matter how slight they might be. Even the smallest inuendo is squashed and THAT seems to make the boys uncomfortable... like I'm making them wear two left shoes or something. Eighth grade CCD has a lot of life instruction such as sexuality and appropriate behavior towards the same and opposite sexes. It can be difficult to teach, but it appears that the way I go about it is disarming to typical (of late) behaviors. I wish I could be more specific, because I know that's what you're looking for, but I can't.

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0195 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]