Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> So Rae
lovemy2
Posted: Oct 22 2007, 04:53 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

How was the weekend? Did you and DH have a nice time? The kids survived fine I imagine??? Hope it was wonderful wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
mysweetpeasWil&Wes
Posted: Oct 22 2007, 10:49 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,474

THANKS for asking! smile.gif We had an amaaaaaaaaaazing time! Best little getaway EVER, besides our honeymoon! It was perfect! wub.gif I hope you guys don't mind me telling you all what happened in detail....but I am just so excited about it and I feel so great getting the break - so please forgive me if I sound like I'm bragging. blush.gif

We got up to the mountains late Friday night, so we checked into our room and then went down to the lobby for a glass of wine and dessert. DH had booked a standard room, but they put us in a deluxe room with french doors leading to a patio with a mountain view. The patio was literally steps from the creek, so we opened the doors and could hear it while we slept. snooze.gif Saturday morning we slept in late, had breakfast in bed, lounged around in our robes, and finally got up at around 11am. We then walked into town along the path by the creek, just outside our room. It was gorgeous out - probably mid 70's! The village of Vail is so cute, designed like a town in the Swiss Alps, so we ate lunch on a patio in the sun. They predicted snow that night, so by the afternoon, the storm started coming in and the temperature dropped dramatically, but it was still a nice walk back. DH and I just enjoyed the fresh air and spending time alone, so the cold didn't really bother us. After lunch, then it was on to our spa treatments, which was just perfect after a long walk in the cold. I had a stone massage and facial. We spent about four hours in the spa - there was a sanctuary room with a big fireplace where you could just sit by the fire, read, relax and drink tea. It was great! Then we showered and went out to a romantic dinner at a French restaurant. Sunday we woke up to SNOW!! About four inches!! It was so beautiful and peaceful though, so we slept in again, had a lot of fun wink.gif romantic time without interruption, and then hit the rode to get back to Colorado Springs.

It was so relaxing and just what we both needed! The boys did great. MIL said Wesley woke up once the first night, but went back down just fine, but then the second night he slept all the way through!! And Wil slept until 7:30am each morning, which is so different for him (regularly getting up at about 5:45am). Wil didn't even want to talk to us when we called...He had a blast with grandma!

I'll post some pics in a little bit...Need to upload them to my computer first.

For anyone close to this area or looking for a nice getaway, choose a mountain resort in Colorado. wink.gif During the off-season, most hotels have amazing rates and all the restaurants have 2 for 1 deals as well as the spas.

--------------------
Rae SAHM to Wil (4) and Wesley (2) ~ Wife to Richard 10/20/01
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Oct 22 2007, 10:52 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

Sounds like a great time. Glad it was for you. thumb.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster

luvmykids
Posted: Oct 22 2007, 10:52 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

It sounds just perfect wub.gif Glad the kids did so well, now you know they can handle it and maybe you can get a "no special reason" getaway laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
amynicole21
Posted: Oct 22 2007, 11:03 AM
Quote Post

Mmmm. Ice cream!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 69

That sounds so nice!! I'm planning a girl's weekend next month to Boulder - can't wait! thumb.gif

--------------------
user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a violation using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
MommyToAshley
Posted: Oct 22 2007, 11:13 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

Sounds perfect and romantic. wub.gif

Glad you and your DH got some time alone.

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
lovemy2
Posted: Oct 22 2007, 11:42 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

Aww that is so great Rae - can't wait to see pics - glad everyone did well and you and DH got some time away wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
Insanemomof3
Posted: Oct 22 2007, 11:45 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 117

Sounds like a PERFECT weekend!!! wub.gif I am so jealous. hehe

Glad you guys got some alone time.

This post has been edited by Insanemomof3 on Oct 22 2007, 11:46 AM

--------------------
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
bawoodsmall
Posted: Oct 22 2007, 11:57 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 13,464

Glad you had a great time Rae. Isnt it funny how our kids always do better for grandma.

--------------------
user posted image[/IMG]
PMEmail Poster
My2Beauties
Posted: Oct 25 2007, 09:40 AM
Quote Post

My Baby Girls!!!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 467

Oh gosh that sounds wonderful. I felt serene and peaceful just reading about your getaway! Aaaahhhh!

--------------------
LeaAnn, wife to Brian (05/21/2005)
Mommy to Hanna Marie (11/14/2003)
Mommy to Aubrey Lynn (05/01/2007)
Step-mommy to Desiree Ann (11/14/1995)
user posted image

My MySpace Page
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0119 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]