Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Had appointment
youngmomofone
Posted: Aug 4 2010, 10:42 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,218

yesterday, and they did an ultrasound. It showed a cervical cyst and fluid in my pelvis. Did some blood work today to check hormones and thyroid, and a test to see if I ovulated since fluid sometimes means ovulation. He did mention endometriosis a quick second, so I hope I don't have that. I have pcos, so that with endo would just devastate me since I know endo can get worse over time. Anyway, it could also be because of a cyst rupturing. We'll just have to wait and see.

The doc even ordered a s/a for my dh. Boy was he surprised. Doc wanted to go through every thing to make sure there isn't anything missing because he doesn't want me to spend another 5 years trying to have another baby.

--------------------
Mom to: CJ 7.03, Alexis 10.09, Taylin 5.11, and Emma and Issac 4.12.
Expecting our last baby Liam Jacob in April 2013.

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Aug 4 2010, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

hug.gif hug.gif I hope you get some answers quick!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
youngmomofone
Posted: Aug 4 2010, 02:33 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Thank you. It was a 2 hour appointment and he's amazing. My insurance highly recommended him, and he told me that he spent a few years treating infertility. I was very impressed with him and his staff. Also impressed that I got an ultrasound during that appointment because usually I have to wait a few weeks for an appointment.

Game plan is this. He asked me to TRY to start temping starting this morning. He says even though I am not early in my cycle, he wants to see what they are doing right now. I got up every 2 hours last night (had abdominal/ovary pain the last few days, but last night was the worst), so I wasn't able to get an accurate reading. Dh is home for the next three days (he works nights), so I will be able to get a full night's rest. He stays up to stay on schedule, so if the girls get up for any reason he takes care of it.

When he reads the blood test results, it will determine what meds he will start me on or any other tests/procedures to do.

I am very blessed to find this doctor, and I can't wait for him to deliver our future child
wub.gif

This post has been edited by youngmomofone on Aug 4 2010, 02:36 PM

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

luvbug00
Posted: Aug 5 2010, 08:01 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

good luck! hope you get your baby sooner then later!

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
youngmomofone
Posted: Aug 6 2010, 09:00 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

My blood work came out fine (except for the good cholesterol being too low; the lowest he has ever seen he said blink.gif ). He told me to take some flax seed supplements with every meal to help with that.

Dh's s/a didn't show good results. Will do a repeat because the doc thinks that we did it too soon after last time we did anything. So, we will have the test repeated on Monday. If it is still showing low results, we will have to send another sample to a better lab to get an even more accurate reading so we will know what we are dealing with. Needless to say I was very shocked.

Still no period, and doc will not let me start another one until after we figure out what's next (unless it comes on its own). I am trying my best to temp but I woke up every two hours the first two days, and last night I woke up every hour (no reason either), so it's getting difficult bawling.gif .

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Aug 6 2010, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Crossing my fingers the next SA is better.

As for temping I know how frustrating it can be, I rarely got 3 hours of consecutive sleep for an accurate reading. Just do what you can and adjust the temps if have to and than put a note on your chart.

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
youngmomofone
Posted: Aug 8 2010, 10:32 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Thanks. I think I am thinking about it too much so that it's making me wake even more frequent.

I started today so I am off of temping til it's completely gone as that's how my doc's office suggests me to do it. Feels good to get 5-7 days of break from it.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
youngmomofone
Posted: Aug 10 2010, 07:29 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Well, I took in another sample yesterday and it was just as bad even though it had been 4 days that time. We are to take the sample to this infertility clinic tomorrow to have them run it in their lab. My doc says that they are very very good and that we will know more about what needs to be done as far as treatment for him and/or treatment for me.

Our insurance only covers infertility testing so if it comes out that we would need to do hardcore cycles like injections and/or iui/ivf, we will have to take some time to save up money for it. A typical iui cycle is $1800 - give or take. I'm grateful to have health insurance, but I think I may have dh cancel it so we can go back on Tricare because it would only be a couple hundred dollars instead of 1800.

Anyway, I love my doc for taking very good care of us. He was very sympathetic - so was his staff. I also like to say that I'm grateful for this board because I know I can come here and post about this without being told that I'm ungrateful/selfish because I already have a family. It means a lot to me that no one has ripped me apart here wub.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0114 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]