Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> 4 days late
youngmomofone
Posted: Jun 17 2010, 12:55 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,218

and scared to test. had brown spotting for one day and it only lasted a couple hours. nothing since then. I have a call into the doc to see if they will do a blood test. I may make myself test in the a.m. here at home, but I just don't want to get my hopes up...

--------------------
Mom to: CJ 7.03, Alexis 10.09, Taylin 5.11, and Emma and Issac 4.12.
Expecting our last baby Liam Jacob in April 2013.

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jun 17 2010, 01:19 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

hug.gif hug.gif I spotted like that with Autumn!! Good luck and please let us know ASAP!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
youngmomofone
Posted: Jun 17 2010, 03:51 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

i broke down and bought a couple dollar general tests. took one after holding it for a while, and at first nothing was there. But I came back a few hours later (I left it on the sink , idk why) and there is like a little bit of a faint line. I think I'm insane lol, so I'm going to take another one in the a.m. and see what it says.

Doc never did call me back sad.gif .

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jun 18 2010, 12:25 PM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

hug.gif Did you take another test this morning?

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
mummy2girls
Posted: Jun 18 2010, 12:38 PM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

QUOTE (youngmomofone @ Jun 17 2010, 06:51 PM)
i broke down and bought a couple dollar general tests. took one after holding it for a while, and at first nothing was there. But I came back a few hours later (I left it on the sink , idk why) and there is like a little bit of a faint line. I think I'm insane lol, so I'm going to take another one in the a.m. and see what it says.

Doc never did call me back sad.gif .

yes take another because leaving a test for 2 hours and seeing a line is the evaporation line. They say never read it after the alloted time your suppose to...

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jun 18 2010, 02:34 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (mummy2girls @ Jun 18 2010, 03:38 PM)

Doc never did call me back  sad.gif .

yes take another because leaving a test for 2 hours and seeing a line is the evaporation line. They say never read it after the alloted time your suppose to...

So true ~ I did that once and convinced myself I was preggo even though I knew it might be an evaporation line. I was so disappointed when I retested!

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

PM
CantWait
Posted: Jun 18 2010, 03:25 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

I had brown spotting at 9 DPO when I AF usually starts (the 4 day spotting before). Could be implantation.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. thumb.gif hug.gif

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Jun 18 2010, 03:27 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

QUOTE (mummy2girls @ Jun 18 2010, 05:38 PM)

Doc never did call me back  sad.gif .

This.

The spotting could have been late implantation so maybe wait a couple days or you could have ovulated later than usual. I hate that I'm going to have to wait and see the result till I get home.

This post has been edited by CantWait on Jun 18 2010, 03:28 PM

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
youngmomofone
Posted: Jun 18 2010, 04:35 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Oh I forgot to add that I know it was an evap line, but i wanted to be sure.

It was negative this morning.

Idk what is up with my body right now, though. Ive had ovary pains the past two days. Plus having some headaches. I will just wait it out and see.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
youngmomofone
Posted: Jun 18 2010, 04:35 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

it's been 5 or 6 days since the brown spotting, so IDK what that was about? I would get a positive by now if it was implantation bleeding, right?

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jun 18 2010, 05:46 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

QUOTE (youngmomofone @ Jun 18 2010, 07:35 PM)
it's been 5 or 6 days since the brown spotting, so IDK what that was about? I would get a positive by now if it was implantation bleeding, right?

I think you should probably go see your doctor!! hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
youngmomofone
Posted: Jun 19 2010, 12:33 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

She has no openings until December for non-pregnant patients. I already have to travel an hour and a half to see her. No one in my area takes my insurance sad.gif.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jun 19 2010, 05:06 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

QUOTE (youngmomofone @ Jun 19 2010, 03:33 PM)
She has no openings until December for non-pregnant patients. I already have to travel an hour and a half to see her. No one in my area takes my insurance sad.gif.

OH MY WORD!!! That is ridiculous!! hug.gif hug.gif Is there anyone else in that same area as your other doctor who you could see?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jun 19 2010, 06:17 PM
Quote Post

December?! ohmy.gif That's just crazy! Maybe you could get in to see a regular md instead of your ob? At least if this keeps going on... having to wait until december is just so long! hug.gif

--------------------

PM

youngmomofone
Posted: Jun 21 2010, 05:16 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

My doc called me in provera to take, and she said to take another test just to be sure. I took one this morning and it was a faint positive in the correct time limit this time. I can't get pics on here from my phone or I would have you all access it for me. I sent it to my friend and she says she definitely can tell something's there. That was on my last dollar general test, so I went out this evening and bought a Target brand test. I don't feel comfortable paying 17-18 bucks for a test just yet, so I settled for a $4 and hoping it is better than the dollar one.

I can see the NP in the office, who is recently new (and available thank goodness!), so my doc wants me to call back later this week to make an appointment.

This post has been edited by youngmomofone on Jun 21 2010, 05:17 PM

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jun 21 2010, 07:04 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (youngmomofone @ Jun 21 2010, 08:16 PM)
My doc called me in provera to take, and she said to take another test just to be sure. I took one this morning and it was a faint positive in the correct time limit this time. I can't get pics on here from my phone or I would have you all access it for me. I sent it to my friend and she says she definitely can tell something's there. That was on my last dollar general test, so I went out this evening and bought a Target brand test. I don't feel comfortable paying 17-18 bucks for a test just yet, so I settled for a $4 and hoping it is better than the dollar one.

I can see the NP in the office, who is recently new (and available thank goodness!), so my doc wants me to call back later this week to make an appointment.

I'm glad you're going to be able to get in soon! thumb.gif Let us know what that test says in the morning as soon as you take it ~ I don't want to be kept in suspense all day! laugh.gif

I'm sure you probably already know this, but be sure you don't take the provera until you're sure you're not pg because it might harm the baby if you are. I hope you are pregnant ~ I have such bad baby fever I'm hoping everyone I know will start having babies to hold me over until I can have one. rolling_smile.gif

--------------------

PM
youngmomofone
Posted: Jun 21 2010, 07:25 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Yes ma'am my doc specifically told me not to take it unless the test is completely negative. I think either way I will call her in the morning to put in a lab for a blood test. she wants a positive home test before she will do one, so I think today's test is positive enough for it, no matter what the outcome is tomorrow.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
MommyToAshley
Posted: Jun 22 2010, 06:32 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

((hugs)) Keep us posted and let us know what your doc says. Glad you were able to get in sooner!

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
youngmomofone
Posted: Jun 22 2010, 08:54 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

It was negative. I could either laugh or cry right about now! I tell ya what, I won't be buying stupid dollar general tests again.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
luvbug00
Posted: Jun 22 2010, 09:08 AM
Quote Post

awhat!

Member No.: 1,984

hug.gif well at least you know and can get back to ttc smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jun 22 2010, 11:20 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (youngmomofone @ Jun 22 2010, 11:54 AM)
It was negative. I could either laugh or cry right about now! I tell ya what, I won't be buying stupid dollar general tests again.

hug.gif That's so frustrating! I got a faint false positive once with an e.p.t. brand test, and it was within the time limit too. It was one of those plus or negative ones, and I'll never buy one of them again either it's too disappointing! You said the one you took this morning was a target brand one, right? Maybe you should try a first response or ept to be sure... or maybe the doctor would do a urine test for you if she doesn't want to do a blood test without a positive hpt.

--------------------

PM
youngmomofone
Posted: Jun 24 2010, 10:45 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Yeah, I took the Target brand. It was a blue dye +/- test, which I now have heard they are the worst when it comes to getting a positive on. IDK though. I have left two messages for my doc's nurse two days apart and she hasn't called me back at all. I have an appointment for late August, which is better than December, but still not happy with it. I'm in the process of finding another doctor.

I have some provera left over that I can still use, so after I test again over the weekend I will take them. Saturday will be two weeks since Ive done anything with DH so I should get a real answer. I guess it's a good thing that he's gone, so I dont have to wonder if maybe I finally ovulated a couple days ago, or last week, or maybe today? emlaugh.gif

The joys of pcos. It not only messes with my body but it also messes with my mind.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
youngmomofone
Posted: Jun 24 2010, 05:32 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

I took a first response test and it was negative. I can now go on with my life! I will start provera tonight too.

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Mama~Love
Posted: Jun 25 2010, 08:07 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 23,009

Sorry you went through this. Blue dye tests are real evil - so many false positives on them! The best brand I've read/heard is the First Response Early Result (FRER) in the white wrappers, but they have been phased out. The new ones (pink wrappers) have given more false positives & evap lines. Another good one is the Answer brand, which are identical to the FRER (made by the same company) and are very similar to the white wrapper FRER.

I use the cheap internet test strips. I use the ovulation ones as well as the pregnancy test ones. I also chart my cycles, which is super easy & tells you so much about yo ur body. It should be taught in high school if it were up to me.

--------------------
~*Mollie*~
Mom to 3 boys &
3 girls and one angel

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
PMEmail Poster
youngmomofone
Posted: Jun 25 2010, 09:28 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

I can't chart as I wake up a million times a night and I never get up at the same time every day. I read that ppl with pcos gets false positive on opks, but would like to try it if i can get internet cheapies. Which site do you use?

In the mean time I'll keep up my diet and exercise routine because with past experience it will be years before we conceive again sad.gif .

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0145 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]