Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What to think?
Cherie
Posted: Dec 31 2009, 04:43 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,677

Dh and I have been talking a lot lately about my desire to ttc for baby #3.

As most of you, dh has been pretty dead set against it for the past year or so. I left the topic for awhile as it only caused conflict. Well we've been talking about it again lately and I think he may be changing his mind - atleast for me. He knows that I don't feel "done" just yet and he knows my desire to complete our family with 1 more child. We even discussed names that we both liked yesterday.

The issue has come up several times over the past week... and it's not always me bringing it up, like previous times. Dh has brought the issue up too. I think part of him wants to ttc but another part of him is scared... hence the proscratinating. lol

He went to visit a friend of his yesterday and they have a 6 month old baby girl. He held her and chatted with them about teething and other baby stuff. When he came home, he showed me the baby's photo, told me how he held her... and then he said if I wanted another baby - now would be the time to ask him! lol I think he had a touch of baby fever!

And even better, Christmas morning we were at my parents, somehow the issue of grandbabies came up and my mom said she'd babysit another child (she babysits the boys every 2nd weekend when dh & I are at work), and told dh she always thought she'd have 6 or 7 grandchildren. I piped up quickly... we'll have 3... and then it's up to my sister for the rest! lol I know this comment helped because it's an issue for dh... if 3 would be too much for my parents to watch. It's VERY helpful to have them watch the boys as opposed to paying a babysitter.

So, now I'm not sure what to do next... I want to sit down with dh and talk seriously about it... but then again I'm afraid I may scare him to run the other way again. Any suggestions? Should I just wait and focus on my weight loss and see what happens? Or should I jump on this opportunity? I was hoping to start ttc this spring/summer... but what happens if dh changes him mind again between now and then???

--------------------
Married to dh since May 25, 2002

Mommy to 2 wonderful boys.
PMEmail Poster
amymom
Posted: Dec 31 2009, 05:29 AM
Quote Post

The kids!!

Member No.: 1,308

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------

Anne Marie
Mom to Billy & Mary Beth
Wife to Lee

PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
momofone
Posted: Jan 4 2010, 02:37 PM
Quote Post

Be Kind

Member No.: 11,030

i say follow your heart it will guide you in the right direction.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0136 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]