Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Did you know????, earing complaint inside.
Mommieto2Girls
Posted: May 13 2003, 09:08 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 167

I got Madisons ears pierced when she was 9weeks old and the whole time until about a month ago, her ears kept getting infected. I would clean them , put peroxide on them and also antibiotic cream.
I friend of mine got her new earrings that are a loop and there one solid piece , so I put them on her and can you believe they don't get infected no more. I found out the backing on the ones we got from the mall are fake. mad.gif Can you believe that. They give you fake backings on babys earrings. I am so mad about this.
I have never been able to wear any kind of metal or silver only gold. My poor Madison has the same problem now.
I just wanted to let you guys know so you can check them out before you buy them. smile.gif
PM
ashade75
Posted: May 13 2003, 12:26 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 6

Thanks! My 10 YO had her ears pierced and she let them close up because the same problem. Maybe it was the backs all along!! I might see if she wants to try it again.

--------------------
user posted image user posted image user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail PosterICQ
supermom
Posted: May 13 2003, 02:40 PM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Member No.: 26

I think it depends on where you get them done, because myself and both my girls have problems with wearing "cheap" earrings, but we can wear the ones they pierced our ears with without any problems.

Make sure they use surgical steel, or I think (for an extra price, of course) you can get 'pure' gold or silver.

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN

Mommieto2Girls
Posted: May 13 2003, 03:30 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 167

The earrings were 14k gold. The backing was fake. My sister got her daughters ears done at the same place and the back of her ears turned green.The earrings that Maddie has in now are 1 full piece there is no back and in 1 month her ears cleared up and are fine now.
The place I got them done at has been there for a long time and there in the mall.
PM
supermom
Posted: May 13 2003, 07:01 PM
Quote Post

Me too, Me too!!

Member No.: 26

Then I think I would be taking them back and asking them what gives? Especially since they are supposed to be 14 K -

--------------------
Beverly, DH Eje, and mom to PJ, 20 Leah, 18 Sara, 16 Anders, 5
and Emily, almost 2

"A mother holds her children's hands for just a little while, but she holds their hearts forever."
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Adolescence is a period of rapid changes. Between the ages of 12 and 17, for example, a parent ages as much as 20 years."
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQMSN
~CrazieMama~
Posted: May 13 2003, 07:09 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 175

My Brianna had her ears pierced at about 7 months. I bought her earings which were 14k gold (or so I thought). Her ears turned green, the backing was fake!!! I have recently bought her hoop earings with dolphins on them. Real gold. She is fine now. Make sure you ask about the backings. It could save you time and money and the pain your baby may go through.
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0145 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]