Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Waylon hates the car seat
my2monkeyboys
  Posted: Jan 17 2009, 08:24 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,245

Waylon absolutely hates his car seat. The only time he *may* not cry when riding is if I make sure he eats well right before we leave. And that only works about 3/4 of the time. We recently got him a little bar of toys that light up, rattle, sing songs and Will tries to talk/play with him, too. Once he gets crying though it seems nothing stops him until he either exhausts himself or we arrive at where we're going and get him out.
Any ideas what may be causing this and how we can help him? I feel bad for him bc he'll scream until he loses his breath and has sweat running down his face. sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Jan 17 2009, 09:21 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

Both of mine went through that when they were little babies too. We tried hanging toys in it, and the hanging mirror that plays music and has flashing lights, and everything. Nuks weren't much help for that either... they just pretty much hated it and nothing helped. The good news is the grew out of it pretty quickly, so there's hope. happy.gif hug.gif It was just a phase I think - they didn't mind the carseat before, and after they got over it they were wonderful in the car.

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
msoulz
Posted: Jan 17 2009, 09:35 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

Erin was the same way - she would cry when the car was moving, then stop when it stopped, start back up again. It was miserable, we went nowhere. I even bought the cushiest looking seat I could find that Consumer Reports rated well and it didn't make a difference. But she did get over it after about 11 months . . .

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM

my2monkeyboys
Posted: Jan 17 2009, 11:50 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

He doesn't seem to care if the car is moving or not, and he doesn't really like sitting in it either, such as when we're out eating or such.
I hope he gets over it soon -- poor little guy! sad.gif wub.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
CantWait
Posted: Jan 17 2009, 11:55 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

Anthony was like this and the ONLY thing that helped was finding the right toy to hang off the handle (even though it's not suppose to be up when driving), I needed something though, cause otherwise a 10 minute car ride seemed like forever.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
my2monkeyboys
Posted: Jan 17 2009, 02:04 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Yeah - it really makes car rides tough. I may have to try some different toys and see it that helps.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0221 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]