Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (5) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Are you in a loveless marriage?

Are you in a loveless marriage?
Yes, I am [ 6 ]  [8.57%]
No, I'm not [ 55 ]  [78.57%]
I'm starting to think so [ 9 ]  [12.86%]
Total Votes: 70
Guests cannot vote 
gr33n3y3z
Posted on Feb 4 2008, 02:45 PM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 822

No, we're not

This Sept we will be married 25 years and a lot of hard work to make it this far LOL but its well worth it wub.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
Insanemomof3
Posted on Feb 4 2008, 03:21 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 117

I voted no, because we are not together anymore. We gave it our best shot, (several times) but it didn't work. So we are done for good now. sad.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Boo&BugsMom
Posted on Feb 5 2008, 12:47 PM
Quote Post

Two peas in a pod!

Member No.: 3,766

QUOTE (coasterqueen @ Feb 4 2008, 08:40 AM)
No, I am not. 

This past year, it might have seemed more like I thought it was more of a friendship, but I love my husband very much.  We just need to weather this past year, and get back on track -- I hope we are.

I'm so happy to hear that Karen. Good for you! hug.gif

On the OP...totally not loveless. I think we have more love than most people actually. Sure we have our issues, but who doesn't? I will not allow anything to destroy our marriage. Troy is my best friend, my rock, and my soulmate. wub.gif It is a 3-way marriage...me, Troy, and God, and I wouldn't have it any other way. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Boo&BugsMom on Feb 5 2008, 12:48 PM

--------------------
Jennie: mommy to two handsome little men, a crazy husband (TheOaf66), and two cats.
PM

coasterqueen
Posted on Feb 5 2008, 12:49 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (Boo&BugsMom @ Feb 5 2008, 03:47 PM)
No, I am not. 

This past year, it might have seemed more like I thought it was more of a friendship, but I love my husband very much.  We just need to weather this past year, and get back on track -- I hope we are.

Thanks Jennie. I hope we make it through last year's "storm". We are trying really hard and we both want to make it work and I know I'm a lot happier now than what I was. smile.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted on Feb 5 2008, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

Lisa did all the work. It's been a cake walk for me. wink.gif

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
MoonMama
Posted on Feb 5 2008, 11:03 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 4,927

No, we are still absolutely crazy in love! wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
PM
BAC'sMom
Posted on Feb 6 2008, 05:46 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 7,486

Nope, we are still very much in love wub.gif

--------------------
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted on Feb 6 2008, 06:42 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

Yes and no. It's odd, really. We are married. We sleep in the same bed.. we are intimate together.. we both talk to each other and communicate etc... and although we love each other we're not IN love with each other. There's other people involved, and I've come to terms with that... we're still married / great friends and if it was any less "good" between us then we wouldn't be living together, but it's convenient, easier, and for the time being we have no emotional reason not to still be in the same house as we still get along well and have the kids interests at heart.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
Bamamom
Posted on Feb 6 2008, 07:53 AM
Quote Post

Changing lives one diaper at a time since 2006

Member No.: 3,297

QUOTE (redchief @ Feb 5 2008, 04:55 PM)
Lisa did all the work. It's been a cake walk for me. wink.gif

Smooth - very smooth...

I think part of the problem with our culture is that we think we're supposed to feel like we felt while we were dating for the rest of our lives. That just doesn't happen.

I love my husband very much. And he drives me absolutely crazy alot of the time. We just came through our first rough spell - the first time I had ever even thought about a life without him even though I never truly considered divorce - and I've realized more than ever that the key to any relationship is communication. When we don't talk and just live our own lives then we end up resenting each other and misinterpreting each other and feeling uninvested in the relationship. We took a night away and really talked (and slept - sleep deprivation is not good for a marriage either! rolling_smile.gif ) and now I feel like things are back to normal. My heart doesn't pitter patter when he walkes through the door but I'm not sure my heart would beat at all if he didn't walk through - ya know?

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Cece00
Posted on Feb 6 2008, 08:04 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,100

QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Feb 6 2008, 06:42 AM)
Yes and no. It's odd, really. We are married. We sleep in the same bed.. we are intimate together.. we both talk to each other and communicate etc... and although we love each other we're not IN love with each other. There's other people involved, and I've come to terms with that... we're still married / great friends and if it was any less "good" between us then we wouldn't be living together, but it's convenient, easier, and for the time being we have no emotional reason not to still be in the same house as we still get along well and have the kids interests at heart.

Wait, so y'all have an open marriage, for lack of a better word?

Sorry, I am just curious. Feel free not to answer me. hug.gif

--------------------
Crystal

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Brias3
Posted on Feb 6 2008, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,419

QUOTE (Boo&BugsMom @ Feb 5 2008, 12:47 PM)
No, I am not. 

On the OP...totally not loveless. I think we have more love than most people actually. Sure we have our issues, but who doesn't? I will not allow anything to destroy our marriage. Troy is my best friend, my rock, and my soulmate. wub.gif It is a 3-way marriage...me, Troy, and God, and I wouldn't have it any other way. smile.gif

Awww, that's a really sweet way to say it wub.gif

Anyhow, I voted no too. We have our ups and downs, like most people do, but overall we have it pretty darn good. I can also honestly speak to the fact that we are still IN love with each other as well, which is something that requires work, trust, and a million other things, but its something I'm very grateful for.

--------------------
Bria,
Wife to Bruce
Mom to Ryan (10), Aliyah (8), and Mason (5)

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted on Feb 6 2008, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (Cece00 @ Feb 6 2008, 11:04 AM)
Yes and no.  It's odd, really. We are married. We sleep in the same bed.. we are intimate together.. we both talk to each other and communicate etc... and although we love each other we're not IN love with each other. There's other people involved, and I've come to terms with that... we're still married / great friends and if it was any less "good" between us then we wouldn't be living together, but it's convenient, easier, and for the time being we have no emotional reason not to still be in the same house as we still get along well and have the kids interests at heart.

yeah, I guess for lack of a better term...I guess we do.

We just hit a wall.. and didn't get over it. Rather than divorce.. we settled things this way. I love him, I want him to be happy, and if having a girlfriend makes him happy, then who am I to stand in his way, he's a good father, a great friend... and although he's in a 2nd relationship, he still puts his family first, always, and aside from the fact that he's got a gf... that's what counts.

We had issues previously...we worked on them.. we have a great relationship now. It's really strange. I wold have NEVER EVER thought to be in this situation... but I am, and am dealing with it the best I can.

Feel free to ask any questions.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
bawoodsmall
Posted on Feb 6 2008, 10:23 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 13,464

QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Feb 6 2008, 10:05 AM)
Yes and no.  It's odd, really. We are married. We sleep in the same bed.. we are intimate together.. we both talk to each other and communicate etc... and although we love each other we're not IN love with each other. There's other people involved, and I've come to terms with that... we're still married / great friends and if it was any less "good" between us then we wouldn't be living together, but it's convenient, easier, and for the time being we have no emotional reason not to still be in the same house as we still get along well and have the kids interests at heart.

We just hit a wall.. and didn't get over it. Rather than divorce.. we settled things this way. I love him, I want him to be happy, and if having a girlfriend makes him happy, then who am I to stand in his way, he's a good father, a great friend... and although he's in a 2nd relationship, he still puts his family first, always, and aside from the fact that he's got a gf... that's what counts.

We had issues previously...we worked on them.. we have a great relationship now. It's really strange. I wold have NEVER EVER thought to be in this situation... but I am, and am dealing with it the best I can.

Very interesting. If I can ask questions...do you ever have intimate relations with anyone else and would he be ok with it? Do the kids have any idea? Have you seen her? If you dont want to tell me just tell me to Zip it.

--------------------
user posted image[/IMG]
PMEmail Poster
bawoodsmall
Posted on Feb 6 2008, 10:25 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (Bamamom @ Feb 6 2008, 07:53 AM)
QUOTE (redchief @ Feb 5 2008, 04:55 PM)
Lisa did all the work. It's been a cake walk for me.  wink.gif

Smooth - very smooth...

I think part of the problem with our culture is that we think we're supposed to feel like we felt while we were dating for the rest of our lives. That just doesn't happen.

I love my husband very much. And he drives me absolutely crazy alot of the time. We just came through our first rough spell - the first time I had ever even thought about a life without him even though I never truly considered divorce - and I've realized more than ever that the key to any relationship is communication. When we don't talk and just live our own lives then we end up resenting each other and misinterpreting each other and feeling uninvested in the relationship. We took a night away and really talked (and slept - sleep deprivation is not good for a marriage either! rolling_smile.gif ) and now I feel like things are back to normal. My heart doesn't pitter patter when he walkes through the door but I'm not sure my heart would beat at all if he didn't walk through - ya know?

I wanted to say that is so true. I am totally in love with jacob but its just different than before the kids but that doesnt mean I love him any less just in a diff way.

--------------------
user posted image[/IMG]
PMEmail Poster

Hillbilly Housewife
Posted on Feb 6 2008, 10:30 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (bawoodsmall @ Feb 6 2008, 01:23 PM)
QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Feb 6 2008, 10:05 AM)

Very interesting. If I can ask questions...do you ever have intimate relations with anyone else and would he be ok with it? Do the kids have any idea? Have you seen her? If you dont want to tell me just tell me to Zip it.

Well since he told me that he wanted a "relationship" with her, I had a little bit of a breakdown, but have since accepted it.. it could be in the picture for me... He says he would be ok with it, and is kind of encouraging me to pursue it.. but it's not my focus, and not something I intend to plan... if I meet someone I emet someone, but I'm not looking to meet anyone.

yes, I've seen her. Actually, I know her quite well. I'm ok with it. Well, as ok as I can be. To be honest.. I'd rather of anyone, it be her.. BECAUSE I know her. At least I know she's not some drugged out slut, you know? She has feelings for him, and he for her...

No, the kids have no idea. He doesn't take time away from the kids to go see her. And she does not come here other than to socialize..when he have others as well. None of our friends know, either. It's difficult sometimes to see them both in the same room and exchange a secret look..still breaks my heart. But I suck it up.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
bawoodsmall
Posted on Feb 6 2008, 10:35 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

I have a new respect for you. I could not do that. You really love him, maybe more than yourself??? I did not mean that it a bad way. hug.gif If you are ok with it then noone should judge.

--------------------
user posted image[/IMG]
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted on Feb 6 2008, 10:38 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (bawoodsmall @ Feb 6 2008, 01:35 PM)
You really love him, maybe more than yourself???

I do. He's my best friend.. my soulmate. I want him happy. If that means I have to share.. then so be it.

Thanks for the kind words.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
lovemy2
Posted on Feb 6 2008, 10:39 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

I gotta be honest and I am not judging but asking because you are IN this situation but at what price are you doing this to yourself? This is someone who comes into YOUR home, with YOUR family and you just "suck it up"? At some level this has to affect you and I can't imagine that that is better than the alternative - you are sacrificing everything about yourself for him - IMO and again I don't mean to sound judgmental but that is sad and I feel sorry for you - in a real way I do feel sorry for you hug.gif hug.gif I do hope your children NEVER find out about it at ANY time in their life because that is a message I wouldn't want my kids to get about marriage....

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted on Feb 6 2008, 10:44 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

QUOTE (Bamamom @ Feb 6 2008, 10:53 AM)
My heart doesn't pitter patter when he walkes through the door but I'm not sure my heart would beat at all if he didn't walk through - ya know?

bawling.gif Thats an awesome way to put it, and its how i feel about my husband too!!!

hug.gif hug.gif Rocky hug.gif hug.gif You are definitely a stronger woman than I am I don't honestly know if I could do that!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted on Feb 6 2008, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

I know, I know. It's not the ideal situation...but it is what it is.. and we'll surpass it eventually... either it will end in divorce because he will be better off with her.. or this is a phase that we will get through.

Either way... it is what it is...and I can either be pissed off and leave... and deprive my kids of their father all for MY hurt feelings.. or I can suck it up and do what's best, right NOW, for my family... which is that my kids need both their parents.

Yes, it IS sad. It's quite pathetic actually. That's life. Life's unfair. Sh*t happens. you either deal with it..or run away. i'm just dealing. I'm not willing to throw away our marriage just yet.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
bawoodsmall
Posted on Feb 6 2008, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

QUOTE (alyssa'smommy @ Feb 6 2008, 10:44 AM)
QUOTE (Bamamom @ Feb 6 2008, 10:53 AM)
My heart doesn't pitter patter when he walkes through the door but I'm not sure my heart would beat at all if he didn't walk through - ya know?

bawling.gif Thats an awesome way to put it, and its how i feel about my husband too!!!

hug.gif hug.gif Rocky hug.gif hug.gif You are definitely a stronger woman than I am I don't honestly know if I could do that!!

Me too. Dh is the only one I want.

There are many people who look the other way. At least Rocky is dealing with it and accepting it. I do agree about the kids though..there will be a day when it will come up.

--------------------
user posted image[/IMG]
PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted on Feb 6 2008, 10:49 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Feb 6 2008, 01:30 PM)
It's difficult sometimes to see them both in the same room and exchange a secret look..still breaks my heart. But I suck it up.

You love him very much and I think a little more then a friend too
Bc if not it wouldnt have hurt so much to see that look of exchange
hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted on Feb 6 2008, 10:53 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (gr33n3y3z @ Feb 6 2008, 01:49 PM)
QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Feb 6 2008, 01:30 PM)
It's difficult sometimes to see them both in the same room and exchange a secret look..still breaks my heart. But I suck it up.

You love him very much and I think a little more then a friend too
Bc if not it wouldnt have hurt so much to see that look of exchange
hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

Yes..I love him enough to let him go.

Hurts like hell though

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
lovemy2
Posted on Feb 6 2008, 10:54 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,607

QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Feb 6 2008, 10:48 AM)
I know, I know. It's not the ideal situation...but it is what it is.. and we'll surpass it eventually... either it will end in divorce because he will be better off with her.. or this is a phase that we will get through.

Either way... it is what it is...and I can either be pissed off and leave... and deprive my kids of their father all for MY hurt feelings.. or I can suck it up and do what's best, right NOW, for my family... which is that my kids need both their parents.

Yes, it IS sad. It's quite pathetic actually. That's life. Life's unfair. Sh*t happens. you either deal with it..or run away. i'm just dealing. I'm not willing to throw away our marriage just yet.

Certainly not for me to judge - my life, my marriage isn't always perfect but I just don't get the message you are really sending your kids and I pray they never figure it out hug.gif

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted on Feb 6 2008, 10:57 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (bawoodsmall @ Feb 6 2008, 01:48 PM)
I do agree about the kids though..there will be a day when it will come up.

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (5) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.2037 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]