Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> We sold our house!, And yes, it's supposed to be here. LONG
MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 03:33 PM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,273

We accepted an offer on our house last night. It's been on the market for 2 weeks and 3 days. I was excited by the fact that it sold so fast and that it was sold. It felt like a new step, new start, new leaf, something. Then Aaron comes home from work late (8:15pm, with no call) and throws this out while we're eating pizza.
"So, just theoretically, what would you do if I disappeared for a few weeks?"
Um, what?!? So, I thought for a few minutes and said that I'd probably find a nice apartment that I could afford on my own salary, pack the house by the closing date and move Logan and myself. I'd also make arrangements for the money of the sale of our house to be mine as I would not be asking him to buy me out of his share of the firm (I legally own 1/2 of his 1/4 of the business.)
Turns out that he thinks now is the perfect time to "separate" for a few weeks. We haven't put an offer on another house and technically we're as debt-free as we've ever been. He needs to reflect on how his life would be without me in it (BTW, hon, I think it will suck, he says.) He doesn't want to date other people, just see how his life is without me. He's been depressed since they sentenced that kid he defended in June to life in prison without parole. He refuses to see our counselor, says she's a crutch and he doesn't want to be dependent on a crutch, he's a man, he'll work through it on his own, I guess.
Then, he's surprised that I don't fall apart and weep and wail and gnash my teeth and pull out my hair. Well, honestly he hasn't been easy to live with the last few weeks and I've made some realizations about the inequality of our relationship. I do most of the work, I can do it on my own. He wants to keep this on this intellectual/logical level. Apparently he's not very emotionally invested in our marriage.
And while it bothers me that he thinks he needs time apart to "reflect" I am not honestly torn up about it. If he feels that way, I can't change it. But I can accept it, adjust to it and survive it. Who knows? I may come through stronger on the other side, regardless of the outcome.
It seems the big decision has arrived. Maybe I'm reading more into his intentions, maybe not. I can't be inside his mind, but I'm not sure I'd want to be there. It seems kind of messed up right now.

This post has been edited by MyBrownEyedBoy on Aug 29 2007, 03:35 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
momtoMegan&Alyxandria
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 03:40 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Group: Validating
Member No.: 8,452

Wow! For starters congrats on selling the house so fast. I have seen houses around here on the market for almost a year. Way to Go.

Second......it is so hard to think of something to say about your situtation other than we are all here for you if you need us and try to stay strong. I hope that whatever you decide you want to happen, happens for you.
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 04:04 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 243

Congratulations on selling the house!!!!

Wow i'm not sure what to say to all that, but I do know that you are a VERY strong woman and you can do what you need to do!!! hug.gif hug.gif I agree we are all here for you no matter what!! hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN

lovemy2
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 04:33 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 8,607

You continue to be my inspiration Kelly - and like we have talked before - maybe this is a good thing FOR YOU.....and sometimes its the other person who has to give the nudge to make it happen - but I can't imagine it is easy in any respect....I will be in touch....pm me if you need me....... hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
bawoodsmall
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 04:40 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 13,464

Ok. I am new here and none of you know me.and I dont know any of you really yet. On that note I would like to say you must be one strong woman. It is awesome to hear a woman be so strong in saying, you know what... If you dont want to be here, then so be it. I can do it on my own. I dont know you but I hope if I am ever in the same situation I act like you. Thanks.

--------------------
user posted image[/IMG]
PMEmail Poster
luvmykids
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 05:00 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

WOW blink.gif A lot to take in over pizza!

But, tbh, I think it could be the best decision anyone ever made for you...I know the changes you want/need have been few and far between. You're an awesome person and deserve the best from your partner. You ARE strong, CAN do it, and would probably enjoy your rediscovered independance. hug.gif

Nobody can say what the outcome will be....but no matter what, I think you'll thrive in the opportunity to figure out how YOU feel and where YOU stand without factoring him into it. hug.gif

Best of luck, I hope everything goes well and that it has an impact one way or the other. hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Member No.: 2,273

QUOTE (bawoodsmall @ Aug 29 2007, 07:40 PM)
Ok.  I am new here and none of you know me.and I dont know any of you really yet.  On that note I would like to say you must be one strong woman.  It is awesome to hear a woman be so strong in saying, you know what... If you dont want to be here, then so be it.  I can do it on my own.  I dont know you but I hope if I am ever in the same situation I act like you.  Thanks.

Thank you, bawoodsmall. (Don't know your first name, so screen name will have to do.) But you have Aimee's blessing, so that's good enough for me.

I have realized over the past few months that strength does not have to be loud. It can also be quiet and steady, and that is the kind of strength I would rather have. Aaron can be a giant pain in the bum sometimes, most people can be giant pains in the bum. But regardless of the outcome, he'll always be my son's father. I owe it to all of my family, myself included, to realize that fact.

Aaron has always had a way of making me feel like a bad person for wanting more out of our relationship. If I bring up something I'd like him to do more often, like hug me, he'll say something to the effect of, "I'm sorry I'm such a rotten husband. I suck. I'm sure you want to leave me." Well, I'm done with that. It ain't flying anymore. If you think you suck as a husband, well then maybe you do. But don't try to lay the guilt at my feet.

I'll never be one to yell and scream and try to convince people that my way is right. Aaron's been feeling like a failure as a spouse for a while apparently, well, he hasn't exactly been making the effort to move it along and improve. I'm done with that. One person can't always be the one to sacrifice happiness. I deserve it too, and I don't need Aaron to make it happen for me.

This post has been edited by MyBrownEyedBoy on Aug 29 2007, 06:05 PM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
luvmykids
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 06:14 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 3,038

horray.gif horray.gif horray.gif
PMEmail Poster
mummy2girls
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

Thinking of you Spencer!

Member No.: 156

wow! congrats on the house.. and the other thing... You are a very strong woman and i know and feel you can do this! It may be hard at first but I feel you will do awesome!

Maby its the name.. aaron...LOL.. my aron sucked ohmy.gif

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
kimberley
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 06:41 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 249

hug.gif hug.gif i admire your strength and wish you the best. i am sure you will find being on your own a little harder but a lot more free... if that makes any sense. i, too, married a self loather and it is very taxing and unsatisfying. i am always around if you ever need an ear or a shoulder. hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
user posted image mama to Jacob, James, Jade, Kaleigh and Riley!!
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

The Administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
moped
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 06:50 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

You are a strong woman!!!!!!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
redchief
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 800

Congrats on the house. I'm truly sorry on the personal front. I certainly hope that all straightens out as well. In any event, I'm certain you will do whatever you need to.

--------------------

Ed is husband to Lisa (since 1983)
Dad to Ricky, John, Erin and Kaitlin

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take trolls and violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators. Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Calimama
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 09:54 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 5,538

QUOTE (MyBrownEyedBoy @ Aug 29 2007, 06:04 PM)

I have realized over the past few months that strength does not have to be loud. It can also be quiet and steady, and that is the kind of strength I would rather have. Aaron can be a giant pain in the bum sometimes, most people can be giant pains in the bum. But regardless of the outcome, he'll always be my son's father. I owe it to all of my family, myself included, to realize that fact.

Aaron has always had a way of making me feel like a bad person for wanting more out of our relationship. If I bring up something I'd like him to do more often, like hug me, he'll say something to the effect of, "I'm sorry I'm such a rotten husband. I suck. I'm sure you want to leave me." Well, I'm done with that. It ain't flying anymore. If you think you suck as a husband, well then maybe you do. But don't try to lay the guilt at my feet.

I'll never be one to yell and scream and try to convince people that my way is right. Aaron's been feeling like a failure as a spouse for a while apparently, well, he hasn't exactly been making the effort to move it along and improve. I'm done with that. One person can't always be the one to sacrifice happiness. I deserve it too, and I don't need Aaron to make it happen for me.

You're such an amazing person.. if you ever doubt that, go back and read that post you made hun. hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
Cece00
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 10:43 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,100

Congratulations on selling the house!

I think the seperation is a good thing. You may want to REALLY, REALLY think about what is best for you & Logan.

Honestly, and I hope you wont be too offended by this, but- I think your husband is a jerk. I'd like to call him worse but I dont think I can on here. It seems to me he hasnt shown much respect to you for most, if not ALL, of your marriage. He may be an OK father, but being a good person and spouse is AS IMPORTANT as being a good father. He doesnt deserve you- you have a ton to offer to someone who WANTS it. He just seems to take it because he has it, KWIM? Totally taking you for granted. Taking vows to be a loving and faithful spouse are one of THE biggest responsibilities and priviledges in life and he totally just stomped all over that.

I think you are doing yourself and your son a disservice by being with him, rather than with a good man who will appreciate you both as much as you should be.

Good luck with whatever your decision is though.

--------------------
Crystal

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

Our Lil' Family
Posted: Aug 30 2007, 04:54 AM
Quote Post

We're a Who Dat family!

Member No.: 2,459

Oh Kelly, I'm really sorry to hear this. I thought things had taken a turn for the better. I know you can be strong and do what is best for you and Logan on every level. If you need to talk we're always here! hug.gif

--------------------
Naomi, Wife to Tim & Mommy to Thomas (7) and Andrew (2)
user posted image
PM
lovemy2
Posted: Aug 30 2007, 05:17 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 8,607

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif Are you sure his name is Aaron and not Dave unsure.gif

--------------------
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail Poster
coasterqueen
Posted: Aug 30 2007, 05:21 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
gr33n3y3z
Posted: Aug 30 2007, 05:33 AM
Quote Post

Doin Good :~

Member No.: 822

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
Wife to Ed (Redchief)
Mom to Rick,John,Erin and Kaitlin

"Believe 100% in what you see believe 50% of what read and none of what you hear"
PMICQAOLMSN
MommyToAshley
Posted: Aug 30 2007, 06:08 AM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

hug.gif hug.gif Congrats on selling the house.

As far as the separation, I hope everything works out the way you want. I wish you the best, and regardless of what happens, I know you will be ok. hug.gif P&PT's. hug.gif

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
moped
Posted: Aug 30 2007, 06:12 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 1,035

QUOTE (lovemy2 @ Aug 30 2007, 08:17 AM)
Aaron has always had a way of making me feel like a bad person for wanting more out of our relationship.  If I bring up something I'd like him to do more often, like hug me, he'll say something to the effect of, "I'm sorry I'm such a rotten husband.  I suck.  I'm sure you want to leave me."  Well, I'm done with that.  It ain't flying anymore.  If you think you suck as a husband, well then maybe you do.  But don't try to lay the guilt at my feet.

I'll never be one to yell and scream and try to convince people that my way is right.  Aaron's been feeling like a failure as a spouse for a while apparently, well, he hasn't exactly been making the effort to move it along and improve.  I'm done with that.  One person can't always be the one to sacrifice happiness.  I deserve it too, and I don't need Aaron to make it happen for me.

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif Are you sure his name is Aaron and not Dave unsure.gif

Or Tom!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
grapfruit
Posted: Aug 30 2007, 06:19 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 5,476

Kelly,

Reading your post gave me goosebumps. ohmy.gif The strength and the character you posses poured out. I think it's safe to say we're all here to back you up, but it doesn't sound like you need much backing up. happy.gif It is apparent that you are ready to stand up and look the world in the eye with out flinching. From some of your earlier posts, it sounds like this may not be a bad developement.

I would never want to offend either, but ITA w/CeeCee. You deserve somebody that will stand by and be the husband you deserve. Kudos to you girl! Good luck, I wish you nothing but happiness. love2.gif

Oh, and yeah on selling your house so quick!

Casey

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
BAC'sMom
Posted: Aug 30 2007, 07:12 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 7,486

hug.gif hug.gif

--------------------
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Aug 30 2007, 08:00 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

Kelly, I think you are an amazing woman. Your strength, your character, your dignity has stayed intact thru all of this and that just amazes me. thumb.gif

Aaron, while he may be a good father, has nothing on you. You are such a wonderful mother. Logan is so blessed. I pray that when he is of age to marry that he treats his wife with the dignity and respect that you have not only taught him, but demanded of his father and never received. I do not believe for one second that you have anything to worry about should it come down to you raising Logan on your own.

After reading your post, I truly think you are ready to move on to the next step. I think God has been preparing you for this step as well. We'll be behind you every step of the way!!! hug.gif

Congratulations on the sell of your home!!! Here's to a BRIGHT future!! beer.gif
PMEmail Poster
TANNER'S MOM
Posted: Aug 31 2007, 03:00 PM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 824

Kelly, I will be thinking of your during your journey to the new you. I think you have to make this about you and Logan. Aaron will take care of himself..so you just take care of you.

--------------------
PM
Jamison'smama
Posted: Aug 31 2007, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

My Little Loves

Member No.: 214

Wow, you are an amazing woman.

hug.gif hug.gif
Hang in there --P&PT--

--------------------
Brenda, a mom and wife in love with my family

The administrators of Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the moderators. Report a post using the report button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0112 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]