Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> does anyone here eat too fast?
cameragirl21
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 04:58 PM
Quote Post

Treehugger and proud

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,205

my problem has always been that i eat too fast, i kid you not, i nearly inhale my food and as a result eat much more than what i need because i'm eating so fast that my brain doesn't register that i'm full in time.
does anyone else have that problem because i think i may have found a solution.... happy.gif

--------------------
Image hosted by ImageShack

user posted image
Another mother's breaking heart is taking over
When the violence causes silence
We must be mistaken....
--The Cranberries
PMEmail Poster
MyBrownEyedBoy
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 05:26 PM
Quote Post

Just funny!

Member No.: 2,273

I used to do this, but since I started my diet, I've learned to slow down. I start the meal with a measured amount on my plate and when it's gone, I'm done, so if I slow down, I enjoy it more and I recognize when I'm full. I also drink about 8-10 ounces of water before a meal. But what's your trick?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahoo
cameragirl21
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 05:51 PM
Quote Post

Treehugger and proud

Member No.: 4,205

ok, here is what i tried tonight and it worked really well, i literally ate half of what i usually eat.
so i'm biologically left handed but i was switched as a baby so in practical terms, i am right handed. so i forced myself to eat with my left hand, it really slowed me down a lot.
i figure it serves two purposes--one is that it slows me down when i eat and allows me to enjoy my food more and the other is that it strengthens up my left hand and makes me more ambidextrous. smile.gif
try it, you'll be surprised how much it slows you down yet it's now awkward and i'd have no problem eating this way out in public...i don't look funny or have trouble coordinating movements at all.
of course when i meet a client for sushi for lunch tomorrow, i don't think i'll be attempting chop sticks with my left hand BUT they too make me eat slower. happy.gif

--------------------
Image hosted by ImageShack

user posted image
Another mother's breaking heart is taking over
When the violence causes silence
We must be mistaken....
--The Cranberries
PMEmail Poster

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0159 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]