Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> So sad, I was hoping for a better outcome
mckayleesmom
Posted: Mar 8 2008, 11:41 AM
Quote Post

The hair I wish I had...lol

Group: Members
Member No.: 157

--------------------
Brianne
Wife to Leithan and mommy to Mckaylee (4) and Russell (3)

Click here to help us grown our village http://schwartzville.myminicity.com/
PMEmail Poster
mckayleesmom
Posted: Mar 8 2008, 11:43 AM
Quote Post

I don't think the family should be lashing out at anyone.....They shouldn't lay blame....They shouldn't have let a 5 year old go by herself to buy anthing in the first place....but you don't see that being thrown in their face.

--------------------
Brianne

PMEmail Poster
ZandersMama
Posted: Mar 8 2008, 11:50 AM
Quote Post

Jesus answers knee mail

Member No.: 1,776

bawling.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMSN

Teesa®©
Posted: Mar 8 2008, 01:19 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 73

In the case that she was assassinated,
???? Don't they mean "assaulted"??

QUOTE (mckayleesmom @ Mar 8 2008, 02:43 PM)
They shouldn't have let a 5 year old go by herself to buy anything in the first place
ITA. In this day, even if they were 10 years old I don't know if I'd let them go on their own.

This post has been edited by Teesa®© on Mar 8 2008, 01:19 PM
PM
mommy~to~a~bunch
Posted: Mar 8 2008, 01:30 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 17,840

QUOTE (Teesa®© @ Mar 8 2008, 03:19 PM)

They shouldn't have let a 5 year old go by herself to buy anything in the first place
ITA. In this day, even if they were 10 years old I don't know if I'd let them go on their own.

They mean it as "murdered"; this is Spanish news.

bawling.gif Poor girl!

--------------------
~*~Mollie~*~
Mom to Logan, Quentin, Ethan, Hannah, Kayla, & Abigail!
PM
mckayleesmom
Posted: Mar 8 2008, 04:20 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Teesa®© @ Mar 8 2008, 04:19 PM)

This is another country....I think they use assasinated as a term for murdered.

I honestly can't even imagine letting Mckaylee who will be 5 in April walk anywhere to buy something....I let her get the mail....but even then Im watching from the doorway....

--------------------
Brianne

PMEmail Poster
Nina J
Posted: Mar 9 2008, 01:11 AM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 3,398

Poor little girl sad.gif

But, I don;t think the parents should be blamed or anything for letting her go to the store alone. It is a different country, a different culture. I personally would not let my own children go to the store by themselves, but in my neighbourhood children do. I think it is very different from America, from what I see in the media and everything. I am scared to go to America because it seems like people are always being murdered. You have thousands of murders a year and where I live, we have only 2 or 3 hundred a year. And mostly that is domestic violence. Which is not to say something bad could not happen, that is why my children won't go to the store alone. But it seems like in America, it is not a possibility to let you children walk up the street alone. I really only have the media to go by, the media makes out like American's love guns and to kill people. Which, of course is not true for all of you, but I would be frightened to go because all we hear is how someone has been shot or murdered.

--------------------
Nina, Mama to Emily Kate, Odessa Jean & Aysun Aleisha.
PMEmail Poster
maestra
Posted: Mar 9 2008, 07:11 AM
Quote Post

Giselle Rebecca

Member No.: 115

How sad.

In Spanish, assassinated is a word for murdered. There is another word, matar, which means to kill, but it might be seen too simplistic for news reporting.

I don't let my children go anywhere without me or another trusted adult. But maybe it is more violent here than in other countries, I don't know. But I think there are enough that have happened to make me want to stay on the safe side.

But if I were the parents, I think I would be angry, if I had told the police to search those marshlands and they never did it, then they found her body there.

--------------------
Michelle
Wife to Henry (6/8/02)
and Mommy to Jaquelyn (Jaci) 9/23/02, Giselle 1/4/05 and Brian 1/7/09

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Mar 9 2008, 08:22 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 89

QUOTE (Nina J @ Mar 9 2008, 04:11 AM)
Poor little girl sad.gif

But, I don;t think the parents should be blamed or anything for letting her go to the store alone. It is a different country, a different culture. I personally would not let my own children go to the store by themselves, but in my neighbourhood children do. I think it is very different from America, from what I see in the media and everything. I am scared to go to America because it seems like people are always being murdered. You have thousands of murders a year and where I live, we have only 2 or 3 hundred a year. And mostly that is domestic violence. Which is not to say something bad could not happen, that is why my children won't go to the store alone. But it seems like in America, it is not a possibility to let you children walk up the street alone. I really only have the media to go by, the media makes out like American's love guns and to kill people. Which, of course is not true for all of you, but I would be frightened to go because all we hear is how someone has been shot or murdered.

That's really all we hear too, media wise.

I don't even let my kids outside alone to play, and I have a high fence. It takes 2 seconds for someone to jump in and grab a kid. I wouldn't risk it even if my life depended on it. makes me angry as heck when I hear about a story of a kidnapped child... where was the mom - oh - "just went inside for a second". I just wanna shake them after that.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
mckayleesmom
Posted: Mar 9 2008, 08:52 AM
Quote Post

Poor little girl sad.gif

Don't get me wrong....Im not saying the parents should be blamed.....They did something I wouldn't do, but that is besides the fact. Im just pointing out that the parents and grandparents are trying to place blame on the police....but I have been following this case and not one time have I read an article where they questioned the parents decision to let a 5 year old walk by herself to go buy something...

Hope that makes more sense.

This post has been edited by mckayleesmom on Mar 9 2008, 08:53 AM

--------------------
Brianne

PMEmail Poster
sparkys2boys
Posted: Mar 9 2008, 02:16 PM
Quote Post

Sleep, is over-rated!!!

Member No.: 6,128

No matter who or what, it's just so sad bawling.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMSN
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Mar 9 2008, 03:16 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (mckayleesmom @ Mar 9 2008, 11:52 AM)
Poor little girl sad.gif

Don't get me wrong....Im not saying the parents should be blamed.....They did something I wouldn't do, but that is besides the fact. Im just pointing out that the parents and grandparents are trying to place blame on the police....but I have been following this case and not one time have I read an article where they questioned the parents decision to let a 5 year old walk by herself to go buy something...

Brianne, i don't think the stories tell all the details. I'm sure the parents were asked. I mean... I'm sure we've all wondered HOW can children possibly do the things that they do, how can kids get into the things that they do? weren't the parents watching? I highly doubt that the police never questionned it.

It's irrelevant. Tragedies can happen to anyone, whether the child is being watched properly, or whether the parent is ignorant enough to let them outside by themselves at such a young age.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
mckayleesmom
Posted: Mar 9 2008, 03:45 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Hillbilly Housewife @ Mar 9 2008, 06:16 PM)
QUOTE (mckayleesmom @ Mar 9 2008, 11:52 AM)
Poor little girl sad.gif

Brianne, i don't think the stories tell all the details. I'm sure the parents were asked. I mean... I'm sure we've all wondered HOW can children possibly do the things that they do, how can kids get into the things that they do? weren't the parents watching? I highly doubt that the police never questionned it.

It's irrelevant. Tragedies can happen to anyone, whether the child is being watched properly, or whether the parent is ignorant enough to let them outside by themselves at such a young age.

True...but the media would have smeared the you know what out of the parents if that had happened here. That would have been the question in the first article...kwim?

--------------------
Brianne

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: Mar 9 2008, 06:47 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

If that would have happened in the US, yes, you're right, the media would have smeared the you know what out of the parents... because you just don't let your kids out alone. In the US, that's a horribly neglectful thing to do, especially with everything going on, all the kids dissapearing, all the shootings, the extremely high crime rate etc.... You just don't let a 5 year old out, alone, ever!!!

Who knows what the crime rate is there.

--------------------

user posted image

PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0240 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]