Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> School postponed
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jul 28 2005, 01:06 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

We got all the stuff in for Maddie's school. They are in the process of building right now and had to postpone the lower school starting date until Sept 6. I'm so glad. I wasn't ready to send her off to kinder just yet. sad.gif Summer has flown by. She was supposed to start Aug 10, but that was just WAY too soon for my liking. Now it will be almost a whole month later. banana.gif YAY!! More summer fun for us!!

Also, we got her class list and her best friend will be in her class. They've gone to school together since they were 2! wub.gif
PMEmail Poster
A&A'smommy
Posted: Jul 28 2005, 04:29 PM
Quote Post

Praying For Spencer

Member No.: 243

YAY I'm glad I know how you were feeling about her going to school, YAY its SOO fun to be in the same class as your best friend!!! BTW i met my best friend in k5 and we still email each other all the time (she lives in sc)

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
luvbug00
Posted: Jul 28 2005, 04:43 PM
Quote Post

awhat!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,984

Aww wub.gif That's when Mya starts. I met my BF in preschool and we still see eachother very regularly! Kids are so cute when they are BF!!! love2.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Mya 7-1-00
PMEmail PosterYahoo

MommyToAshley
Posted: Jul 28 2005, 06:21 PM
Quote Post

Happy Spring!

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

elephant.gif elephant.gif elephant.gif
Glad you get to spend more time with your little sweetie pie! Will she get out later at the end of the year now?

That's so cool that she gets to be in the same class as her best friend. hug.gif Is Maddie excited to start Kinder soon?

--------------------
Dee Dee , Mommy to:
Ashley Marie 9/05/02
Joshua Lee 2/03/00 (Our Angel in Heaven)

user posted imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Jul 28 2005, 06:34 PM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 235

She will get out on June 1. So, not really later than usual. biggrin.gif

My best friend and I have known each other since we were 2, too. wink.gif We are good friends with this girl's parents as well so that helps.

Is she excited? Not really. She goes from being excited to being afraid I think. She is sad to leave preschool behind b/c it is so familiar. But I think she will find that her new school is a lot like her old preschool in lots of ways (private, christian school) . wink.gif She will have chapel once a week, her friend Olivia will be there, it is a small class (16 kids), she will have 2 teachers. It is a new school, but she will be okay. I won't be. sad.gif I can't believe she is starting kinder. That realization is getting harder to face, kwim? I feel like it is so real now (life I mean). It's starting and we can't go back. Did I do everything I was supposed to do? Did I teach her everything I needed to before handing her over in the day to strangers? Did I do everything I wanted to do with her before she ran off to kindergarten and school for the next 19 (plus) years? UGH! It's really hard. I can't imagine sending her to public school. Nothing against public schools, of course...I'm just so paranoid. I love that this school is like a family and I feel so comfortable sending her there. I'm so fortunate to have that peace of mind. Next best thing to teaching her at home (which I could never do).

Anyway, that got long. blush.gif As you can tell, none of us are really ready to see her go. wub.gif I want her to stay little. bawling.gif
PMEmail Poster
5littleladies
Posted: Jul 29 2005, 08:29 AM
Quote Post

Lissie

Member No.: 116

I'm glad for your sake that her school has been postponed. happy.gif I haven't been in the situation to send my kids off, but I'm sure I would be a nervous wreck. blink.gif And hey-who couldn't use a bit more sumer vacation. thumb.gif We're starting Sept 6th also (my b-day rolleyes.gif ). I'm sure Maddie will do awesome and have an awesome time! biggrin.gif

--------------------
~*~Jennifer~*~
Wife to Jason, Mom to Madeline, Megan, Brianna,
Alyssa, Kate, and our babies in heaven-Benjamin, 8/13/04, and David, 8/01/07

Jen's Blog
PMEmail PosterMSN
jacobsmama
Posted: Jul 29 2005, 09:02 AM
Quote Post

KRISTI :)

Member No.: 2,060

awww I"m scared for that day to come! I'm glad you get to spend some more time with her b/c soon enough she will be dating and going to college! bawling.gif

--------------------

Mother to Jacob & Conner. Wife to Loren
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
mammag
Posted: Jul 29 2005, 09:47 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 1,050

That's great! Especially that her best friend will be in her class. That will really make it easier on her and you also, knowing she's not lonely. That is so hard sending them off to K...

--------------------
Jeanie - SAHM to Kristen 13, Cade 12, Conner 8, Keegan 3

user posted image
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0156 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]