Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Starting Pre-school, nervous
lisar
Posted: Jul 4 2005, 05:05 PM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,760

Is anyone else nervous about thier child starting school this year. I know its a great school and all but I am nervous. I wont be able to call and check on her every couple hours like I can while she is at Granny's. I know its just me being a Mom. But how do you deal with it. I am so scared somthing might happen and I wont be there. I know its just my nerves being a mom and all.

Lisa
PMEmail Poster
b&bsmom
Posted: Jul 4 2005, 05:32 PM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 1,757

It was tough at first but just knowing that she was having so much fun and learning so much made me feel better. Although our first preschool experience was bad. My daughter cried the whole time for 2 months ( which I found out too late) she didn't like the teacher and there just seemed to be a conflict between my daughter and the teacher. When I found out she was still crying after 2 months for the entire time( the asst. told me her days were getting better than at thanksgiving feast head teacher asked me what i was going to do because she still cried the entire time) I used to work in preschool/daycare and knew something was wrong. I took her out and put her in the Y and within 2 weeks she wasn't crying anymore and loved it. One helpful hint was a book called the Kissing Hand. It is about a racoon who is going off to school and mom puts a kiss in his hand and said whenever he needed a kiss to put his hand to his face. wub.gif What we did was trace a hand on a piece of paper and I would give it a kiss everyday and she kept it in her backpack. So she had the paper with a kiss if she needed it and I also kissed her hand too. It seemed to help alot. She will love preschool and you will come to enjoy the time to spend with your new little one. It is good for everyone. Enjoy. and good luck. If you want to know who the kissing hand is by let me know and I will find out for you. I know it is on my daughters bookshelf somewhere biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image]user posted image user posted image
Stacy wife to Jim and mom to Brittany 6/24/99 and Bryce 9/9/02

I've been hit Snowball fight 2006
PMEmail PosterAOL
Josie83
Posted: Jul 5 2005, 12:26 AM
Quote Post

Platinum Member

Member No.: 622

You're not being daft!Its a big step for both you and your little one. I was pretty stressed about Cassie going because she is the youngest in her whole nursery class and I wasn't sure if she was ready. you should have seen her daddy too laugh.gif wub.gif

But she'll probably suprise you. From my experience most kids love the challenge of a new school and are excited about making new friends etc. She'll probably forget all about you when she's there, I know that most of the time Cassie does laugh.gif

We still have some tears and she'll say she doesn't want to go, but once she's there she loves it. As far as I can see any disadvantages are far outwieghed by the unshe has and what she learns. Its something we all have to go through, and you're not alone in being worried! I'm sure it'll be fine once the time comes.

How does Lexi feel about going? xx
PMEmail Poster

lisar
Posted: Jul 5 2005, 01:10 PM
Quote Post

Yes it is I....

Member No.: 1,760

QUOTE (Josie83 @ Jul 5 2005, 03:26 AM)

How does Lexi feel about going? xx

She cant wait to go. She is so excited. We live about a block away from the pre-school. Its a private school. And everytime we go past there she yells Mommy thats my school. I went today to make a payment on it and she thought she was going today. I had to explain to her that she wasnt going today it was still 30 days away. She cant wait though. I have all her uniforms and she wants to wear them all the time.

Lisa
PMEmail Poster
EmilyandPhoebesMommy
Posted: Jul 6 2005, 07:55 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,136

I was pretty stressed out at the time, when Phoebe went. She was such a shy little girl then and I didn't know if she would have the courage to make friends. It was amazing! She came home talking nonstop about her morning and how she had made lots of friends and painted a picture. It was adorable and preschool really helped her come out of her shell. I wouldn't worry. My little one, Emily, was fine - she's always been very chatty - and she just sailed right through! Good luck! happy.gif
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0424 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]