Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> re-lactating?
PrairieMom
Posted: Feb 8 2007, 03:50 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,561

Since I am (hopefully) getting my yeast issues under control, I am starting to throw around the thought of trying to BF again. Has anyone tried it? Are the meds expensive? and do they actually work well?
PM
MyBabeMaddie
Posted: Feb 8 2007, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,193

I dont know much about the meds I have just read that it is incredibly time consuming - Good luck though

--------------------
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL
blissfulecho
Posted: Mar 23 2007, 05:09 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 10,077

Check this out! It's a really good article on how and why to relactate. thumb.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster

EvesMom
Posted: Mar 26 2007, 05:23 AM
Quote Post

Silver Member

Member No.: 3,293

That's great Tara! How long has it been since you stopped lactating? While it is time consuming and frustrating it can be done. You could use an oxytocin nasal spray ( I hear it's really expensive though) or fenugreek (affordable and natural) and pump away! You should definately contact an LLL leader for tips and support. Let me know if you need help finding one. Good luck!

--------------------
Photobucket
Wife to Rick
Mother to Evelynn & Jesse
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Mar 26 2007, 06:14 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (EvesMom @ Mar 26 2007, 08:23 AM)
That's great Tara! How long has it been since you stopped lactating? While it is time consuming and frustrating it can be done. You could use an oxytocin nasal spray ( I hear it's really expensive though) or fenugreek (affordable and natural) and pump away! You should definately contact an LLL leader for tips and support. Let me know if you need help finding one. Good luck!

Its been to long now. I quit in November. Plus my Thrush isn't under control yet, so I guess it is out of the question for me. sleep.gif I'm so sad about it. i really regret not being able to BF more. It wasn't for lack of trying tho.
PM
CantWait
Posted: Mar 26 2007, 06:41 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 28

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ Mar 26 2007, 11:14 AM)

Its been to long now. I quit in November. Plus my Thrush isn't under control yet, so I guess it is out of the question for me. sleep.gif I'm so sad about it. i really regret not being able to BF more. It wasn't for lack of trying tho.

hug.gif hug.gif Tara you put up with way more then anyone should. It definetly isn't due to lack of trying.

--------------------
~Marie, mom to Robbie, 15 and Anthony, 7 and our newest addition, Mia Eliana~

user posted image

~*~I promise to forget you not, my angels in heaven being watched by our fallen heroes, Dec 23 08, April 1 09, & May 18 09~*~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
PMEmail Poster
Kaitlin'smom
Posted: Mar 26 2007, 06:47 AM
Quote Post

Graceland

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 32

Tara I am proud of you for going as long as you did. You dealt with it for so long, i dont know if I coudl have gonae tha long dealing with the thrush over and over.

--------------------
Di ~ mommy to Kaitlin wife to David
PMEmail Poster
blissfulecho
Posted: Mar 26 2007, 05:49 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 10,077

QUOTE (PrairieMom @ Mar 26 2007, 06:14 AM)

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

Many, many hugs your way as I've BTDT with the thrush. I had thrush and eczema at the same time on my nips and boy was it painful and itchy! So bad that I supplemented with formula, giving my babe about 3 bottles a day for 3 whole months (that's how long it took to have it fully clear up!!) So believe me, I feel your pain there! I'm sending you lots of (((healing vibes))) and hoping that you can get back to normal quickly!

What have you tried for the thrush? I found that a combo of many different things helped.
*dipping your nips in vinegar numerous times a day
*Acidophilus Probiotic (you'll want to take it orally and put it directly on the thrush numerous times a day)
*gentian violet
*calendula oil (put directly on your nips)

I found that Nystatin actually made my thrush worse, so be careful if that's what you're taking.

Anyway, good luck!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
wcs40110
Posted: Apr 12 2007, 02:34 PM
Quote Post

Bronze Member

Member No.: 5,240

I read all about this and if you lok it up online you can find more info., from what I was getting you might not needs meds, just anm awesome pump!! Good luck!
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: Apr 12 2007, 02:44 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

QUOTE (blissfulecho @ Mar 26 2007, 08:49 PM)
QUOTE (PrairieMom @ Mar 26 2007, 06:14 AM)

hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

Many, many hugs your way as I've BTDT with the thrush. I had thrush and eczema at the same time on my nips and boy was it painful and itchy! So bad that I supplemented with formula, giving my babe about 3 bottles a day for 3 whole months (that's how long it took to have it fully clear up!!) So believe me, I feel your pain there! I'm sending you lots of (((healing vibes))) and hoping that you can get back to normal quickly!

What have you tried for the thrush? I found that a combo of many different things helped.
*dipping your nips in vinegar numerous times a day
*Acidophilus Probiotic (you'll want to take it orally and put it directly on the thrush numerous times a day)
*gentian violet
*calendula oil (put directly on your nips)

I found that Nystatin actually made my thrush worse, so be careful if that's what you're taking.

Anyway, good luck!!

OMG what haven't I tried? growl.gif I have an ongoing problem with it that i have had for years. Right now I am using acido, garlic suppliments, Collidal silver (thanks rocky) and a severe severe elimination diet, and nothing has worked. I have also taken difflucan, and sporanox. I'm currently seeing a Dr about it. My thrush is a bigger problem than just nursing. Nursing sure made it worse tho. At least my DD doesn't get it any more.
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0117 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]