Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Chest Pain
Kirstenmumof3
  Posted: May 18 2008, 05:58 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 189

dunno.gif I don't know if I should be concerned or if this is just normal. At first I thought it was just anxiety, but it's not the pain is worse and more intense. It only happens when I'm doing strenuous activities or under a lot of stress. ie: at work when I'm lifting cases of water, pop, kitty litter you know all those big items, when I'm walking long distances and it's really bad when I have sex. The pain starts in the middle of my chest and wraps around to my back. Sometimes there is pain in my arms and a tingling sensation in my fingers. The pain doesn't last, it comes and goes, this is why I thought it was anxiety at first.

sad.gif It's sad, but given my medical history I really don't want to go to the ER. It doesn't matter anymore what I go there for, the lable of having a mental illness is still there and that's how I'm treated. I'm never taken seriously. I have an apt. at the beginning of the month to see my family doctor, I'm going to mention it to him. But in the meantime, should I be worried?

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
luvmykids
Posted: May 18 2008, 06:14 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,038

JMHO but I think chest pain should always be checked out hug.gif hug.gif
PMEmail Poster
PrairieMom
Posted: May 18 2008, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

have it checked out.
Which side of your chest is the pain on?
PM

Kirstenmumof3
Posted: May 18 2008, 07:03 AM
Quote Post

Calm and Tranquil!

Member No.: 189

hug.gif Thank You! The pain is in the middle of my chest or sometimes off to the left. Guess I'll be going to the ER tomorrow to have it checked out!

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail PosterYahooMSN
PrairieMom
Posted: May 18 2008, 09:19 AM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 2,561

QUOTE (CJ'SMOM2002 @ May 18 2008, 10:03 AM)
hug.gif Thank You! The pain is in the middle of my chest or sometimes off to the left. Guess I'll be going to the ER tomorrow to have it checked out!

Do you have somewhere else you can go? like a clinic or something? Unless you are having ACTIVE chest pain, then I would def. go to an ER.
PM
MyBabeMaddie
Posted: May 18 2008, 10:46 AM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 3,193

QUOTE (CJ'SMOM2002 @ May 18 2008, 10:03 AM)

Whenever it happens just stop what you are doing and let it go away. If it doesn't go away when you sit down you need to get to the ER asap!

--------------------
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
PMEmail PosterAOL
msoulz
Posted: May 18 2008, 04:22 PM
Quote Post

Gold Member

Member No.: 2,158

I'm going to guess that since it seems to happen often and you're still alive it's not life threatening, but then you don't want to find out the hard way that it is, so do have it checked out!!

--------------------
Mary :)
a.k.a. Jake & Erin's mom

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
AlbertClay
Posted: May 9 2011, 10:16 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 23,366

Some causes of chest pain are:

* Lung - you may have pneumonia, or another type of infection in your lung that may cause chest pain. Coughing may also cause pain.
* Musculoskeletal -Common causes of chest pain include pain as a result of injury, joint or muscle strain. If you have had any damage to your ribs, from injuries or tumors, this can cause you to feel pain in your chest.
* Gastrointestinal - You may have a type of gastro-esophageal reflux. This where the contents of your stomach travel up you esophagus pipe instead of downwards. This may cause pain after eating a large meal, lying down, or ending over. Antacids, such as famotidine (Pepcid®), omeprazole (Prilosec®), or Mylanta®, may relieve these symptoms.
* Anemia - low blood hemoglobin (Hgb) levels may cause angina. Hgb carries oxygen in the blood.

PMEmail Poster
Hillbilly Housewife
Posted: May 10 2011, 12:29 PM
Quote Post

Ruby Member

Member No.: 89

If it helps you any, I had intercostal swelling which caused severe chest pain. I had a Naproxen prescription for a while to help with the pain. It came and went, but got worse when I did anything strenuous.

--------------------
The richest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.

user posted image

The Administrators of the Parenting Club take violators of the Terms of Service Agreement seriously. Please report any suspicions to the Moderators! Report a post using the "report" button in the upper right corner of the offending post.
PMEmail Poster
mom21kid2dogs
Posted: May 10 2011, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

Parker, the handsome pound puppy!

Member No.: 1,127

If you still have chest pain 3 years later you might want to see someone. rolling_smile.gif
Or you could take it as a great sign that your still here, right? wink.gif

--------------------
Cheryl, Olivia's mom
PMEmail Poster
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: May 11 2011, 05:57 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

There have been a lot of really old posts brought back up by one-time posters lately. unsure.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
carruiz
Posted: Sep 13 2011, 05:15 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 23,494

Ive been experiencing chest pain also, but im not so worried about it.
PMEmail Poster

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0133 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]