Home | Contact Us | Community | News | Resources | Entertainment | Shop | Parenting BlogsPlease visit our sponsors:
Parenting, Pregnancy & Baby Message Boards
Would you like to support Parenting Club? Click here for donation information  
Google
Share |

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> I need to keep working out!
~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Mar 21 2006, 07:45 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 788

Ok since we decided to go ahead and get pg even though I haven't lost all the weight I wanted to, I have to be really careful not to gain so much this time around. When I was pg with Roo I didn't exercise or do anything at all, and I ate whatever I wanted pretty much whenever I wanted. blush.gif

For now until I get big I'm going to keep going on the elliptical machine... I don't usually do it for that long anyways (the longest I've managed is half and hour) and I take it pretty slow. After that gets too awkward I don't know what I'll do... just go walking I suppose. unsure.gif My goal is to gain closer to 30 pounds with this baby - with Andrew I gained 60. blush.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM
coasterqueen
Posted: Mar 21 2006, 07:48 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Member No.: 236

That's a good plan. I had intended to do that with Megan, but with complications I couldn't. But to be perfectly honest even if I didn't have complications I don't think I would have stuck to my plan. blush.gif

My girlfriend, when she was pg, her and I used to walk 3 nights a week and she was able to maintain a 30 pound or less gain. I can't remember how much she gained but she gained a TON less than I did w/ either of my pg's. blush.gif

Just stay active as much an as long as you can. I did aerobics until I was 4 months pg with Kylie - at that time my doc made me quit because of pains I was complaining about, but up until that point I wasn't gaining like I did after.

Oh and obviously your food choices will be the KEY, IMO.

--------------------
~*Karen*~
wife to hubby, Ryan Douglas
mommy to Kylie (9) and Megan (6.5)
and furbabies Gavin, Buster, Sox, and Hailey

PMEmail Poster
Maddie&EthansMom
Posted: Mar 21 2006, 07:53 AM
Quote Post

Diamond Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 235

Sara that is a great plan! thumb.gif You can do it. wink.gif

There's a lady at my gym. She has to be at least 50. She just had a baby! ohmy.gif She was there every stinking day thru her entire pregnancy and was back as soon as she was able to start exercising again. She is so fit and healthy for her age. It doesn't surprise me that she had a baby at her age. She's also from Europe happy.gif She is such an inspiration. I didn't do anything when I was pg. blush.gif
PMEmail Poster

~Roo'sMama~
Posted: Mar 21 2006, 08:51 AM
Quote Post

My two cuties :)

Member No.: 788

Yeah Karen I'm afraid I won't stick to it either... I am really going to try though. tongue.gif I just did half of a program on the elliptical machine - only half but it's better than nothing. I hadn't done anything for a few days so it always takes me a couple days to work my strength back up again. I can't wait until it's warmer because I will take Andrew and my dog out for walks every single day no problem because I'm so sick of being stuck in the house! laugh.gif

Aimee ~ I can't imagine having a baby when I'm that old! ohmy.gif Of course there isn't much hope for me being that fit when I'm that old either. tongue.gif

I didn't do anything when I was pg with Roo... if I need an example of what NOT to do this time all I have to do is look back and remember what I did last time: No sitting on the couch all day watching tv. No eating 1 or 2 or sometimes 3 bowls of ice cream almost every day, No fast food cheeseburgers almost every day (my big craving.) Lol the list could go on. tongue.gif

--------------------
Sara ~ Wife to Scott, Mommy to Andrew 6-12-05, Alison 2-20-07, and our angel in heaven 4-20-06

user posted imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PM

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0270 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]